What's An Acceptable Number Of Innocent People Being Executed?

Zero.

Incarcerating an innocent person is a wrong that can be righted. No, you can't give someone back their years spent in jail if they win on appeal, but their name can be cleared and they can be given a second chance at life.

Killing an innocent person is a wrong with no means of recourse, it cannot be undone.

So long as the justice system is imperfect (that is, run by humans) and even moreso when it is systematically biased and at the mercy of politicians, no death penalty can be in place without murdering innocent people which is an offense against justice, morality, and society so great that it should definitively end the practice forever.
When it comes to the (actual) politics, of it......people need to (finally) start reconsidering the benefits of a Prosecutor's high body-count!!!!!

At one time (possibly, even presently, in some States), during our Election-process.....a high body-count was (almost, always).....

.....for Prosecutors!!!!

When it can be proven a Prosecutor (knowingly) ignored critical-evidence.....supporting an Innocence-verdict.....the Prosecutor should be DOING TIME!!!!!

I think "conservatives" (still) consider this....Accepting Responsibility For Your OWN Actions.

What's an acceptable number of people wrongly incarcerated for rape? Do you want to stop incarcerating rapists?

convicted or tried?

if someone is charged with rape and wrongfully convicted, they can still be exonerated....

Really? You can give back time? You can give back lost reputation and all the opportunities of life lost over X years?

I disagree. Any mistake can be rectified with the exception of death. Therefore it is not an unreasonable basis for opposition.

Really? You can give someone 5 extra years of living if they spent that much time in jail in error?

No. But giving them say.....$1,000,000 a year for each year of wrongful incarceration would go a long way.

It would go exactly 0% of the way to giving back even one minute of life lost to wrongful incarceration. You cannot undo what has been done, and imperfection is only a legitimate reason to oppose one form of punishment if it is applied to all forms of punishment. In other words, by that way of thinking we can never have any system of justice because humans will always be fallible.

As many as possible who commit intentional premeditated murder. I still prefer the bringing back of public hangings. I think it would send a psychological warning to blacks who are thinking about murdering whites since lately we are seeing massive black on white crimes.

What about blacks that are thinking about shagging white chicks...?

As many as possible who commit intentional premeditated murder. I still prefer the bringing back of public hangings. I think it would send a psychological warning to blacks who are thinking about murdering whites since lately we are seeing massive black on white crimes.

Aw yes, bring back the good ole days...

BLOOD-LUST....ain't it grand?

I think that's one o' those.....

Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

Your belief that the people released were "innocent" is your first wrong assumption.

Yeah......138 TIMES.....nationally.

Face it. You're gonna have to look, elsewhere, for your entertainment.​

No, you can't give someone back their years spent in jail.

No you can't. You cannot undo anything once it's done.

At least some (civilized) people are making the effort.....even the ASSHOLES, in Florida.​

March 22, 2011

"In 2008, the Florida Legislature passed the Victims of Wrongful Incarceration Compensation Act, which set up a streamlined process to pay exonerees $50,000 per year of wrongful incarceration as well as provide them access to tuition-free education. While the Act was a step in the right direction, it came with a number of provisions which have had the effect of excluding most of Florida’s exonerees from compensation.

Specifically, the Act included a “Clean Hands” provision, which excludes from compensation those individuals who were convicted of a felony prior to or during their wrongful incarceration. This provision denies compensation to Bill Dillon, who was convicted of felony possession of one Quaalude pill two years before being wrongfully convicted for murder and spending 27 years wrongfully incarcerated. It also excludes Orlando Boquete who had the audacity to escape from his wrongful incarceration, which is a felony."

DOUBLE BULLSHIT......:cool:
Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

State by State Database | Death Penalty Information Center

DA who convicted man freed from death row:

NCADP Affiliate: Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty

No one has been executed by mistake. Ever. Every single one of them was guilty of something and it was their time to die.

Bullshit.

No one has been executed by mistake. Ever. Every single one of them was guilty of something and it was their time to die.

and if it were you , you would go quitely?

Last edited:
USArmyRetired said:
I still prefer the bringing back of public hangings. I think it would send a psychological warning to blacks who are thinking about murdering whites since lately we are seeing massive black on white crimes.

LOL, you just advocated lynchings.

Nope. Just stating that if we had public hangings which is what used to be done, it would send a message to blacks to think twice about what they are contend to do if it is committing murder. Back in the so called good ole days as you put it, blacks didn't commit as many murders against whites as they do today which is rampant across the nation. They new their place back then.

The last public hanging was carried out in Owensboro, Kentucky, in 1936, Look at the spectators.

Rainey_Bethea_hanging_big.jpg

I'm guessin' you were spoutin' this kind o' crap in The Service.....and, got a well-deserved ASS-WHUPPIN' by some Black-dude.

MsnSlap5.gif

I guess it's (also) possible you had a female-partner who had enough o' your ignorant-shit.....and, shit-canned you for some Black-dude.

shaq-01.gif

I think it's MORE-likely you're some young/cowardly-loudmouth....who was too-much of a wimp to (even) get-into the U.S. Military.

emoticon_turd.gif

LOL, you just advocated lynchings.

Nope. Just stating that if we had public hangings which is what used to be done, it would send a message to blacks to think twice about what they are contend to do if it is committing murder. Back in the so called good ole days as you put it, blacks didn't commit as many murders as they do today which is rampant across the nation.

Why in the HELL do you have to try and make this a "black" thing? Go spread your garbage somewhere else and not in my thread.

:eusa_whistle:

Nope. Just stating that if we had public hangings which is what used to be done, it would send a message to blacks to think twice about what they are contend to do if it is committing murder. Back in the so called good ole days as you put it, blacks didn't commit as many murders as they do today which is rampant across the nation.

Why in the HELL do you have to try and make this a "black" thing? Go spread your garbage somewhere else and not in my thread.

Because blacks are committing massive crimes across the US. I guess you haven't heard of the black flash mobs attacking whites (at state fairs, restaurants, in the streets) lately that are popping up all over in our cities. Wake up. Blacks murdering whites are a cancer on our society and you can add hispanics to that too.
HomerInsane.gif

woman_screaming1.png

I'm guessin' you're a huge Joe Scarborough/Porky Limbaugh fan.​

What's an acceptable number of innocent unborn babies being executed?...... :eusa_whistle:

How about personal decisions you're willing to give up for your GOVERNMENT to decide you big, activist government lover you.

Now quit trying to change the subject. If you're clueless just admit it.

While hiding behind the term "personal decision", your blatant hypocrisy is duely noted... :thup:

No, you can't give someone back their years spent in jail.

No you can't. You cannot undo anything once it's done. So, unless all actions are illegitimate the possibility of error is not a reasonable disqualification for a given action. People may be oppossed to the death penalty for many reasons, but "what if there's a mistake?" is not a reasonable one.

Oddly enough, I cant think of a better reason to oppose it.

Forum List

Back