What Would The US Look Like if the South won?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you think it would look much different?

If so, in what ways?

What would have happened regardless of which side won?

If so, in what ways?

Since the south loved subjugating other people, and those that disagreed with them were hung, I would say that this would of happened, and I thank God today that the evil southern white democrats were soundly defeated..

nazi-germany-members-of-the-hitler-jugund-march-before-their-leader-CWAYHB.jpg

I think slavery would have lasted until the 1880s with slaves being given some second class rights much worse than Jim Crow. Blacks would be given the vote sometime after WWII based on their service in the war.

I think HBO is doing a series about what if the south had won

Granny says, "Lemme put it like dis...

... the Donald wouldn't have to be worryin'...

... `bout makin' America great again."

The South could never "win" and nobody including former Union officer Robert E. Lee envisioned the South "winning the war". The South merely wanted the Lincoln government to agree to secession.

The South could never "win" and nobody including former Union officer Robert E. Lee envisioned the South "winning the war". The South merely wanted the Lincoln government to agree to secession.
That is the idea behind the HBO series
The South won enough battles to get the north to recognize their sovereignty

If so, in what ways?

yep..we would actually not be the dictatership country we are now.that is one more lie we were taught in american history the real reason we had the civil war was so the south tried to resist being part of the corruption the north was which was under the power of england.the north had slaves working for them same as the south.

the south lost the war of course and became slaves to the establishment.the winners get to write the history and lie to the american people just as they have about the JFK assassination for so long.same as with that,JFK tried to get rid of the bankers and the CIA,he lost that war and THEY got to write their history and version of events on who killed him and why forcing down our throuts the greatest lie in modern day amaerican history .same thing back then.

you want too learn the truth on the REAL reason we had the civil war,get educated here.

Real reasons for the Civil War:

you never hear ANY of this from hollywood because just like our corrupt school system,it is corrupt as well..

Last edited:
The best thing that ever happened to the south was losing that war

Saved them from themselves

I think a war for the West was inevitable regardless of the slavery question. Once the North claimed and secured the West, the Confederate States would have evolved along the lines of South Africa. Black emigration to the North would not have happened and eventually the number of Blacks in the South would have been greater than Whites. The South would have become a third-world nation run by the former slaves.

I think slavery would have lasted until the 1880s with slaves being given some second class rights much worse than Jim Crow. Blacks would be given the vote sometime after WWII based on their service in the war.

At most the south would have left the US with a few additional States.

Harry Turtledove gives an interesting "alt history" of this situation, called Timeline 191. The point of divergence was the battle of Antitam. In reality The Union had Lee's orders which allowed them a victory. In Turtledove's timeline the Union never finds the orders and gets crushed.

Southern Victory - Wikipedia

The concept will NEVER be made into a TV mini-series in our current climate.

I think a war for the West was inevitable regardless of the slavery question. Once the North claimed and secured the West, the Confederate States would have evolved along the lines of South Africa. Black emigration to the North would not have happened and eventually the number of Blacks in the South would have been greater than Whites. The South would have become a third-world nation run by the former slaves.
The South was already 40% slave

They would have become South Africa with blacks having some basic rights but little freedom
I think many blacks would escape to the North and there would be no fugitive slave laws

I think Texas is as far west as the Confederacy would go

At most the south would have left the US with a few additional States.

Harry Turtledove gives an interesting "alt history" of this situation, called Timeline 191. The point of divergence was the battle of Antitam. In reality The Union had Lee's orders which allowed them a victory. In Turtledove's timeline the Union never finds the orders and gets crushed.

Southern Victory - Wikipedia

The concept will NEVER be made into a TV mini-series in our current climate.

I read Turtledoves, Guns of the South
A what if the South had gotten AK-47s

Forum List

Back