What would Liberals eat?

Look the problem isn't rocket science. We can feed the kids healthy food with lots of energy with a little thought and planning. The biggest problem with Michelle Obama's food program is the way the lunch lady's make it. Seriously some of it looks like slop. If the lunch lady's can't cook why do they even have a job.

This is a fairly healthy lunch. It's simple whole grain sandwich,fruit, water and vegetables. Now if a kid needs more calories than that because of after school sports perhaps their parents can pack them a granola bar or some other snack to eat before they exercise. Quite frankly in most cases it's not an issue. When my daughter graduated HS I never saw so many fat teen in my life.

Now if the lunch lady puts this on your kids plate as one of the Michelle Obama's lunches they should be fired immediately. There is not way someone with training in the food industry should serve a meal to your kids that looks as bad as this does.

That's what Ive been saying all along. When the new standards came out okay there was some confusion and some products didn't taste very good, but those problems have been fixed.

If your school is serving inedible lunches, that is a LOCAL problem, go complain to your local school board.
That's what I mean. If my kid was served the poop like whats in that picture I'd be screaming. Luckily my daughters school put in a salad bar. It's kind of the best of both worlds because the kids can pick the vegetables they like and kids who need more fat and carbs can pick a higher calorie salad dressing. If that nasty mess was served up to her she would simply go make a decent salad and complain to me later. At least she would eat something.

I think the local municipalities are over thinking the better lunches. It doesn't have to be fancy it just has to be better. A piece of fresh fruit and salad provide ultimate nutritional value because they are unprocessed living food, add some protein and a whole grain and plain milk and you have lunch. Lunch should never look like shit on a shingle.

Look the problem isn't rocket science. We can feed the kids healthy food with lots of energy with a little thought and planning. The biggest problem with Michelle Obama's food program is the way the lunch lady's make it. Seriously some of it looks like slop. If the lunch lady's can't cook why do they even have a job.

This is a fairly healthy lunch. It's simple whole grain sandwich,fruit, water and vegetables. Now if a kid needs more calories than that because of after school sports perhaps their parents can pack them a granola bar or some other snack to eat before they exercise. Quite frankly in most cases it's not an issue. When my daughter graduated HS I never saw so many fat teen in my life.

Now if the lunch lady puts this on your kids plate as one of the Michelle Obama's lunches they should be fired immediately. There is not way someone with training in the food industry should serve a meal to your kids that looks as bad as this does.

That's what Ive been saying all along. When the new standards came out okay there was some confusion and some products didn't taste very good, but those problems have been fixed.

If your school is serving inedible lunches, that is a LOCAL problem, go complain to your local school board.
That's what I mean. If my kid was served the poop like whats in that picture I'd be screaming. Luckily my daughters school put in a salad bar. It's kind of the best of both worlds because the kids can pick the vegetables they like and kids who need more fat and carbs can pick a higher calorie salad dressing. If that nasty mess was served up to her she would simply go make a decent salad and complain to me later. At least she would eat something.

I think the local municipalities are over thinking the better lunches. It doesn't have to be fancy it just has to be better. A piece of fresh fruit and salad provide ultimate nutritional value because they are unprocessed living food, add some protein and a whole grain and plain milk and you have lunch. Lunch should never look like shit on a shingle.

I love shit on a shingle, that garbage in the picture wasn't shit on a shingle.

Our children attend private schools and I just looked at the menu for today, baked chicken, mashed potatoes, sweet corn, carrot and celery sticks w/ cake as a dessert. If a school attempted to serve that garbage in that photo to our children heads would roll.

what the hell IS that? Lol....The problem the lunch ladies run into is they have a seriously restricted budget, and they have so many regulations with regards to temperature, cleanliness, and storage that it makes it very difficult to provide meals like the one in the first image. I have cooked for a jail, group homes and for a juvenile detention facility...it is challenging. But seriously, what the hell is that on the white plate?
I have no clue what that is. Looks like someone crapped on a plate. Kids don't need variety they just want something recognizable that smells and looks like food. I'm guessing what ever that is went straight into the garbage. That's money lost, kids hungry and a complete failure of a program. There is no part of that lunch a kid would bother to eat.

what the hell IS that? Lol....The problem the lunch ladies run into is they have a seriously restricted budget, and they have so many regulations with regards to temperature, cleanliness, and storage that it makes it very difficult to provide meals like the one in the first image. I have cooked for a jail, group homes and for a juvenile detention facility...it is challenging. But seriously, what the hell is that on the white plate?
I have no clue what that is. Looks like someone crapped on a plate. Kids don't need variety they just want something recognizable that smells and looks like food. I'm guessing what ever that is went straight into the garbage. That's money lost, kids hungry and a complete failure of a program. There is no part of that lunch a kid would bother to eat.

Beef stroganoff in front? And are those biscuits? But why are they in tomato sauce? So weird.

OK seeing how they didn't even bother to provide a shingle and it's not chipped beef I guess you're right, but it's the closest thing I could think of to something edible. It could be plain creamed beef but it's green(?),greasy and disgusting. If I made creamed beef like that my Grandmother would come back to haunt me until I got it right. What the hell is that red sauce for and are those white balls supposed to be biscuits or some kind of Dumpling? The whole thing doesn't make sense.

OK seeing how they didn't even bother to provide a shingle and it's not chipped beef I guess you're right, but it's the closest thing I could think of to something edible. It could be plain creamed beef but it's green(?),greasy and disgusting. If I made creamed beef like that my Grandmother would come back to haunt me until I got it right. What the hell is that red sauce for and are those white balls supposed to be biscuits or some kind of Dumpling? The whole thing doesn't make sense.

It's just disgusting whatever it is, and whomever let that reach a student's plate, should be fired. I bet it was Stephanie, and that's why she no longer works in a school cafeteria.

Beef stroganoff in front? And are those biscuits? But why are they in tomato sauce? So weird.
I don't get it the whole tomato thing either. Isn't Stroganoff usually served over egg noodles?

Honestly it looks like some kind of curry maybe...it doesn't look like an American school lunch.

It's just disgusting whatever it is, and whomever let that reach a student's plate, should be fired. I bet it was Stephanie, and that's why she no longer works in a school cafeteria.
I agree, it's just sad.

I don't get it the whole tomato thing either. Isn't Stroganoff usually served over egg noodles?
Are those white things supposed to be meatballs? Or maybe they're the noodles? Salisbury steak?

Lolol.

This is beef stroganoff

beed495e-853a-4fab-b3ea-d4147826f5ea.jpg

I have no idea what that green crap was

Honestly it looks like some kind of curry maybe...it doesn't look like an American school lunch.
Curry would explain the coloring. I don't eat Indian food very often but what I have eaten didn't look anything like that, thank God!

Curry would explain the coloring. I don't eat Indian food very often but what I have eaten didn't look anything like that, thank God!

I cook A LOT of Indian food, none of it has EVER looked like my dog took a dump on a plate.

I do make a Mexican dish that is green, due to the tomotillos rather than tomatoes used to make the sauce, but it looks like this

1731_NewsPGMPHov.jpg

completely appetizing , which is the polar opposite of that other garbage which I won't even repost picture of.

The schools should serve what the local governing board decide for the paying kids. The others can bring their lunch like I did. If you can't afford to feed your children you need to adopt them out to someone that can.

Ya really can't judge without smelling it, just from the colour. Agreed it does look curryish (which I loooove), and agreed it could be made to look more appetizing visually. But the visual isn't as much a part of eating as smell; visuals are more to sell a product. If you're doling out free stuff there's no need to 'market' it -- it's simply what there is for lunch.

They say if you hold your nose (cut off olfactory senses) an apple, an onion and a potato all taste alike. Smell is a lot more what makes something appetizing than looks.

People too... :eusa_shifty:

The schools should serve what the local governing board decide for the paying kids. The others can bring their lunch like I did. If you can't afford to feed your children you need to adopt them out to someone that can.
there really aren't that many people interested in adopting school aged kids.

Forum List

Back