What will the Obama Presidency hold?

i believe in the progressive income tax as long as our other taxes are regressive, such as FICA/SS portion.

i am opened for reform though, as long as ALL TAXES paid are considered in the equation.

i believe in the progressive income tax as long as our other taxes are regressive, such as FICA/SS portion.

i am opened for reform though, as long as ALL TAXES paid are considered in the equation.

No... because taxes such as property or sales tax are voluntary or based on choices of purchase, location of where to reside, etc...

Any taxation by the government should be based on equality, just as people have equal protection under the law... government should be blind but fair... for every $1 earned, every US citizen should be taxed the same on that income

No... because taxes such as property or sales tax are voluntary or based on choices of purchase, location of where to reside, etc...

Any taxation by the government should be based on equality, just as people have equal protection under the law... government should be blind but fair... for every $1 earned, every US citizen should be taxed the same on that income

I seriously don't understand the obsession with taxes. Decisions made in regards to foreign and domestic policies have to potential to wipe out this big bonus people expect to receive in a heartbeat.

so eliminate capital gains and dividend taxes as well, and tax them at the chosen flat rate for their profits? Tax the foreigners doing business here the same rate? Corporate taxes at the same rate?

i guess i need more info from you Dave?

so eliminate capital gains and dividend taxes as well, and tax them at the chosen flat rate for their profits? Tax the foreigners doing business here the same rate? Corporate taxes at the same rate?

i guess i need more info from you Dave?

I do like flat rates across the board... all capital gains 1 rate (no time restrictions or complicated formulas)... all corporations 1 rate... all foreign businesses tariff 1 rate... (if you want to tax foreign businesses a higher rate because they are not domestic businesses, fine, but it should all be the same extra rate)...

I am also a big proponent of voluntary taxes... entertainment taxes, etc... hell, bring on a national lottery with the proceeds going directly towards paying down the national debt

I like equality and simplicity in the system... hell, you could reduce the size of the IRS (saving money) when the complexity is severely lessened

Can you tell me the exact month, week, day, hour, minute, or second this happens?

No. What I do know is that the sack of cells that exists immediately post conception is not human. I also know a child isn't somehow less than seconds, minutes, hours, days or maybe even a month before it is expelled from the whoom. That being the case in most cases the line has been drawn at no abortions after the first trimester, which frankly I'm fine with. Obama has voted to kill children of botched abortions and has indicated he would be for abortion on demand.

No. What I do know is that the sack of cells that exists immediately post conception is not human.

What is it? Who determined that the 'sack of cells' is not human? How did they determine that?

I also know a child isn't somehow less than seconds, minutes, hours, days or maybe even a month before it is expelled from the whoom.

Sorry, I'm not sure what this says/means.

Obama has voted to kill children of botched abortions and has indicated he would be for abortion on demand.

He's also in favor of underage girl's parents not being notified. He's also for partial birth abortions.

What is it? Who determined that the 'sack of cells' is not human? How did they determine that?

Sorry, I'm not sure what this says/means.

He's also in favor of underage girl's parents not being notified. He's also for partial birth abortions.

It was asked what freedoms would be on the line with Obama as President. His own record indicates there are several. One of said freedoms is a pretty basic: the right to life for all humans. That much is a given. You asked when is a child human to which I said unfortunately we are not able to say at this point scientifically when exactley that occurs. Again I think what we can agree on is that a fertilized egg is not a person. At the same time I think we can agree that a child is not somehow less than a person shortly prior to it being actually born.

Somehow Obama and those of similar persuasion have to reconcile what it means to be a person to maintain this position. They have to because when someone is considered human and when an abortion is okay are two beliefs that can't be held simultaneously. That is you can't believe a person is a person a month before they are born and allow for abortion on demand during the same time period. Well, you can I guess, you would simply need the balls to admit that you are okay with murder in that instance. I know that is very cliched term but that is the reality of hodling those two beliefs.

Those are essentially the options Obama has as far as what he believes in. Either he believs at no point should anyone be considered human before exiting the womb (and sometimes not even after that), which would be a rather foolosh position, or he would be forced to admit that taking an innocent life is okay in these instances.

not one child to be will be saved by the partial birth abortion ban....late term abortions are still legal....the law just banned a procedure and forces women in to an even more grotesque procedure of dismemberment of the child to be in the uterus, then expelled...this pb abortion ban was nothing but a POLITICAL scam....sorry to say...but true.

Forum List

Back