What will happen if we do what Repubs want and Deregulate Business'

Actually you don't have to trust them, you just have to allow consumers to chose who to do business with. And that's why your government solution is failure out of the gate. They start by removing choice and then you really do have to trust them, and the only thing you can trust politicians to do is screw you. And screw you they do.

Then we don't need ingredient labels on foods, and inspections, because if enough people die from a bad product,

people won't patronize that business?

lol

HOW EVER did we survive before idiotic Gubmint mandated LABELS?

Tell that to someone with a peanut allergy.

ahh yes. the ole " Who needs the FDA when THE CONSUMER can simply stop buying products from the company with poisonous baby food after a few dead babies" schtick.

lol

it never gets old.

ahh yes. the ole " Who needs the FDA when THE CONSUMER can simply stop buying products from the company with poisonous baby food after a few dead babies" schtick.

lol

it never gets old.

That's the only way we can truly be free.

Then we don't need ingredient labels on foods, and inspections, because if enough people die from a bad product,

people won't patronize that business?

lol

HOW EVER did we survive before idiotic Gubmint mandated LABELS?

Gosh....what would we do without the peanut police...our species would become extinct within one election cycle.

The Robber Barons got rich exploiting rights-of-way and mineral rights granted to them by the biggest monopoly if them all: Gubmint.

Fool fail. :lol:
Pure bullshit as usual.

So, you're saying that Rockefellers DIDN'T make their money off of oil fields secured by gubmint-granted mineral rights and rights-of-way?

BTW....I'll bet a dollar to a dog turd that you didn't know those same Robber Barons were behind the passage of the Federal Reserve Act and the 16th Amendment, didja?

Last edited by a moderator:

lol

it never gets old.
Yeah...Who can't afford the costs of common medications driven sky high, because of the several years and $500,000 it costs to bring a new medication or device to market?

Gosh....what would we do without the peanut police...our species would become extinct within one election cycle.

You should try reading labels sometimes. You'd be shocked by all the things that have trace amounts of peanuts in them.

My son has a severe peanut allergy, and I have a severe shrimp allergy. We deal with it just fine without the governments help.

The world is not populated with helpless drones. Go find an old lady and help her cross the street.

I don't have a problem with mandated honest labeling and see that as a good thing and as promoting the general welfare. I want to know what is in the foodstuffs I buy and, if there is something I need to specifically avoid, I have a way to determine if it is in the product.

I don't have a problem with the government collecting information on nutrition and vitamins and daily recommended amounts of whatever and making that information available to the people. I also see that as promoting the general welfare.

I don't have a problem with the govenrment banning products that have been proven to be harmful to the general public--not just a few people but all people. Or at the very least prominently labeling with a large and unmistable warning. DO NOT CONSUME THE RAT POISON is good labeling.

I DO have a problem with the government mandating what I can and cannot buy or use however of a legal product or punishing manufacturers if somebody obviously uses their product stupidly when there isn't a specific warning on a label. Example: Sueing the manufacturer or hardware store because you hit yourself in the head with a hammer and now have a knot on your head.

The Robber Barons got rich exploiting rights-of-way and mineral rights granted to them by the biggest monopoly if them all: Gubmint.

Fool fail. :lol:
Pure bullshit as usual.

So, you're saying that Rockefellers DIDN'T make their money off of oil fields secured by gubmint-granted mineral rights and rights-of-way?

BTW....I'll bet a dollar to a dog turd that you didn't know those same Robber Barons were behind the passage of the Federal Reserve Act and the 16th Amendment, didja?

That's right, Rockefeller made his money by teaming up with fellow monopolist Vanderbuilt who controlled Rail Road monopily and he jacked up the transportation costs to other oil refiners and cut the same transportation costs to Rockefeller allowing Rockefeller to undercut his competition. Rockefeller realized that costs for extracting the oil and refining the oil were going to be about the same for all, so the place to undercut the competition was in transportation costs.
You obviously didn't watch the video, didja?

And yes I'm well aware of the fact that the banking monopoly manipulated the money supply with panics and crashes to create a central bank, and after the wealthy Robber Barons set up their phony charities, like the Rockefeller Foundation, they then pushed for an income tax so others will not become wealthy.

But I'm also aware that that shoots down the argument that Capitalist Businessmen will act in the common good of the American people if unregulated. Obviously they act only in their best interests and America be damned, which is why you support them.

Last edited by a moderator:
People will be able to start businesses cheaper. More jobs will come because businesses will be expanding without bueauracratic red tape will be out of the way. Bad businesses will fail like they are supposed to instead of limping onward.

lol

it never gets old.
Yeah...Who can't afford the costs of common medications driven sky high, because of the several years and $500,000 it costs to bring a new medication or device to market?

hehehe.. yea... who needs safe drugs that won't kill a few of us when we can have cheaper ones that might!

You should try reading labels sometimes. You'd be shocked by all the things that have trace amounts of peanuts in them.

My son has a severe peanut allergy, and I have a severe shrimp allergy. We deal with it just fine without the governments help.

The world is not populated with helpless drones. Go find an old lady and help her cross the street.

Have you ever looked at a peanut warning and avoided consuming the product that it's on?

I guess it takes a special kind of superpower to just *know* what government regulated labels otherwise convey.

Right....Like the ethics of the regulators have been any great shakes. :rolleyes:
ooooooooooooooooooooo.....how profound!! A typical, "conservative", detail(s)-free allegation....'cause, anything else would require the actual-work of proving/expanding-upon such an opinion; the antithesis of being a present-day "conservative" (i.e. Teabagger).

Wankin.gif

Besides worker abuse and tearing up the environment around these business'? Something has to be good and pretty dam honorable to be left alone and trusted to do the right thing, but business is not about doing the right thing, its about doing the profitable thing.

Not saying all regulations are a good thing, but hell, are we supposed to drop regulations and hope / pray that corporations will treat our land and workers the way society wants them too.

Now Thats a faith based ideology if there ever was one.

This is what you get with no regulations:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf9GVbzf7Q4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf9GVbzf7Q4[/ame]

There is nothing in the GOP platform or being stated by any prominent Republican at any level that I know of that wants to deregulate business. Most Republicans are Constitutional purists that understand some laws, rules, and regulation are necessary to secure our rights.

What many if not most Republican DO want is to eliminate as much unnecessary regulation as possible to put American business back on more even footing in a global market. American business is the second highest taxed in among all developed nations and probably the most regulated in the world.

We can do it better than it is currently being done.

So, can you name some of these "unnecessary" regulations that Republicans think we can do without?

I keep hearing "prominent Republicans" wanting to do away with the EPA entirely. That is your idea of "some regulations"?

Well Mr. T I have been to many of the SE Asia countries and none of them can compare to the USA and what we have done.

People will as a part of their nature try and figure out a way around rules and regulation all the way from skirting them to just out and out not caring about them and let their legal people deal with any problems.
This is why our constitution is always a work in progress and why we must have good people to try and keep the greedy in line. They have proven that in the quest of making money, those who drive the economy as you say will choose to disregard others rights, others health and welfare as they walk all over them to enhance their own position in life.
Right now, we as a people are so busy living our lifes and trying to make things work out that we have kinda turned our backs on what made this country a great Nation, and that was a govt of the people, for the people and by the people.

No even as bad as we have neglected it, it's still the best country around because if can be changed for the good of the majority by the majority once they see that things have gotten so out of control that we need to regroup and try again.

That point is not that far away, as the robber barons that you talk about have used their wealth and greed to buy their advantage so much that it will have to change if we as a nation will survive, and I think we will. DON"T YOU?

Forum List

Back