What will Dems have to sell when the GOP starts offering a plethora of free shit and ‘inclusiveness’?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
It’s no secret, the Dems have their niche and make their living on free shit and tolerance...They are doing all they can to leverage the GOP into a position to follow their model...What will they do to separate themselves when the GOP offers the same?

It’s no secret, the Dems have their niche and make their living on free shit and tolerance...They are doing all they can to leverage the GOP into a position to follow their model...What will they do to separate themselves when the GOP offers the same?

Well, they've already sold their souls, so that's out.

The GOP does now and always has always given away lots of free shit, but you had to be rich to get any of it.
The RWNJs feel unlimited joy whenever the Republicans borrow multi-billions or even trillion-of-dollars to divvy up among the 651 wealthiest billionaires in this country.

The RWNJs know this money will be invested in creating jobs. But, the RWNJs always forget, those jobs will be in China.

That's not gonna happen.

The GOP does now and always has always given away lots of free shit, but you had to be rich to get any of it.

You mean rich people like sealybobo who got an extra $2500 per year under the Trump admin?

I mean like oil companies and manufacturers and corporate farmers who receive billions.

That’s weird...aren’t you leaving out Bezos / Amazon?

Lots of rich folks receiving giveaways at the poor and middle class's expense. My list wasn't intended to be an all inclusive list. Just a representative sample

You mean rich people like sealybobo who got an extra $2500 per year under the Trump admin?
High income and corporations benefitted the most. Low income and middle class people saw mixed results.

And I don’t think we should have passed the trump tax breaks. I don’t think we can afford them. What programs have they cut to pay for this? what programs in the future are they going to have to cut to pay for this tax break that mostly went to the rich and corporations? And what did it do to the debt? Do debts not matter?

Did it cause inflation? Did the cost of food and lumber suddenly go up soon after they gave us all this money?

And did trumps trade war with China in 2019 cost me more than the tax break? Yup. So keep your $2500

Keep my name out your mouth.

Last edited:
Tax cuts have been happening since Kennedy. Both repub and demo president use it. Reagan signed one of the biggest tax breaks when he was the prez. Wave the money in the air like you just don't care. The first thing Trump did was reduce taxes. The only deference I see is who gives the most to the upper echelon as if they really need it.

Still there is a whole list of things that repubs and demos will disagree on. Tax cuts is probably not one of them.

climate change will keep the division in tact unless the repubs start believing in climate change.
Then the madness will start.

I mean like oil companies and manufacturers and corporate farmers who receive billions.

That’s weird...aren’t you leaving out Bezos / Amazon?

Lots of rich folks receiving giveaways at the poor and middle class's expense. My list wasn't intended to be an all inclusive list. Just a representative sample
The RWNJs are stuck in Reagan's 1980 mindset. They don't realize, most of the Old Guard Democrats, still in Congress, have joined with the Republicans in selling out to the billionaire class.

Those Democrats discovered getting bipartisan cooperation on legislation was much easier when said legislation was to crafted to increase profits for corporate America and the billionaire class. Major political contributors, the Old Guard Democrats also discovered, were far more generous when said legislation increased those profits by price-gouging consumers.

The Democrats learned much at the knee of the GOP.

I'm not holding my breath for all this "inclusiveness" . The GOP has always given shit away. Are you saying they will stop giving shit to the 1% that doesn't need it and start worrying about the rest of us?

Tax cuts have been happening since Kennedy. Both repub and demo president use it. Reagan signed one of the biggest tax breaks when he was the prez. Wave the money in the air like you just don't care. The first thing Trump did was reduce taxes. The only deference I see is who gives the most to the upper echelon as if they really need it.

Still there is a whole list of things that repubs and demos will disagree on. Tax cuts is probably not one of them.

climate change will keep the division in tact unless the repubs start believing in climate change.
The Republicans serve the financial interests of Big Business, Big Oil is a member of that exclusive club. So, no Republican currently alive will ever utter the words, "manmade climate change is real". It would be political suicide.

Thom Hartmann wrote a op ed called roll back the Reagan tax cuts. That’s when we stopped investing in America. Colleges, infrastructure, bridges, roads, tunnels. And now we need to rebuild our infrastructure. If those tax breaks primarily benefitted the rich and corporations, if we try to suggest raising taxes on the rich and corporations. That won’t go over well with republicans.

So we should undo the Reagan bush and trump tax breaks. Put things back the way they were before the Reagan tax breaks. You can keep your Kennedy tax breaks.

The Republicans serve the financial interests of Big Business, Big Oil is a member of that exclusive club. So, no Republican currently alive will ever utter the words, "manmade climate change is real". It would be political suicide.

I think when they can no longer deny its real they’ll just shift their arguments to

1. nothing can be done
2. corporations shouldnt have to pay. If they do consumers will pay.
3. The planet will be fine 5 degrees hotter.

Eventually they have to drop the its a hoax argument like with tobacco and lead.

Thom Hartmann wrote a op ed called roll back the Reagan tax cuts. That’s when we stopped investing in America. Colleges, infrastructure, bridges, roads, tunnels. And now we need to rebuild our infrastructure. If those tax breaks primarily benefitted the rich and corporations, if we try to suggest raising taxes on the rich and corporations. That won’t go over well with republicans.

So we should undo the Reagan bush and trump tax breaks. Put things back the way they were before the Reagan tax breaks. You can keep your Kennedy tax breaks.
The RWNJs are convinced "Reaganomics" and "trickle down" saved United States capitalism.

The RWNJs' views on the unregulated "free market" are equally strong. That is, until they must face China's better skills at employing the unregulated "free market" to screw American capitalists.

It seems the RWNJs resent the student becoming more adept at manipulating the unregulated "free market" than the teacher(s).

I think when they can no longer deny its real they’ll just shift their arguments to

1. nothing can be done
2. corporations shouldnt have to pay. If they do consumers will pay.
3. The planet will be fine 5 degrees hotter.

Eventually they have to drop the its a hoax argument like with tobacco and lead.
By that time, the RWNJs will be b!tching at anyone who will listen, "Why didn't the scientists warn us about climate change and its causes?"

The RWNJs are convinced "Reaganomics" and "trickle down" saved United States capitalism.

The RWNJs' views on the unregulated "free market" are equally strong. That is, until they must face China's better skills at employing the unregulated "free market" to screw American capitalists.

It seems the RWNJs resent the student becoming more adept at manipulating the unregulated "free market" than the teacher(s).

I’m so sick of republicans talking about regulations without ever talking about any specific regulations.

Its like being anti tax. You cant be. Clearly a government needs to take in money.

And republicans will say democrats are tax and spenders. So are they. They just buy weapons and we spend the money on poor people.

Forum List

Back