Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Driver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newspaper Delivery

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
It's a poll so I had to include "other" because there is no way I could include them all...

What was your first job. Did you like it? How did you get it?

I began carrying the morning newspaper before I was ten years old. I was able to add mowing yards in the neighborhood by the time I was eleven or twelve and bought my first car before I was legally old enough to drive it. It was a 1939 Olds business coupe. Every time the engine rpm leveled out the connecting rods made so much noise it was hard to hear someone speaking:)

I worked the counter at a par 3 golf course.

Tips were decent, wage ok but got to see a lot of cute guys, but, also dirty minded men ;)

Which course?

I may have seen you, and I'm not cute.

Well I was 18 at the time... it was in MD it was a Country run course, I'm sure you were not there....
Cuteness is in the eye of the beholder :)

OMG...

One of those dirty old men might have been Joe Biden

Hot-walking thoroughbreds after early morning workouts at Arlington Park race track in suburban Chicago.

Once the trainers got to know and trust you the money was very good.
My cousin worked at Arlington park as a parking lot guy..
Not trying to impugn your cuz, but I was aware of some parking lot guys who daily stole the park blind of customers' parking fees. Why no one ever counted the cars and compared it to the take the lot guys turned in is/was beyond me. But I know for a fact it went on for years.

began babysitting really young, then mowing lawns and my first real job at 15/16 in retail, a WT Grants store, i stocked shelves, priced and ticketed items, worked the shoe area, candy, cashier, and sized and cut rollup shades to the customer's measurements, and worked the key machine, made key duplicates... :D

i worked after school and weekends, i loved it, especially having my own money!!!! I was 5 minutes late every day I was scheduled to work...but they let me slide because I was a very hard worker and would stay late or work a day off if they needed me...I always said yes, I can work....I loved the money, made me feel grown up.

oh wait, I began selling lemonade by the golf course across the street with a table and my older sis, and then at night I would hunt for lost golf balls and the good ones, I sold to the golfers buying lemonade for 25 cents...this was between 8 and 10 years old...then went on to baby sit etc.

Forum List

Back