What Was The First Record You Ever Owned?

Stashman

No Soup For You!
Jul 17, 2011
America

For me this question has a special meaning. I grew up in a household of Country & Western music. Names Like Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Merle Haggard etc.. That all changed on my 8th birthday when my brother in law gave me my first record. It was a rock record and up until that point I had never heard rock music, but when I heard the record for the first time it really changed everything in my world.

That record was: Angie by the Rolling Stones.

Can you remember yours and if so what was it?

For me this question has a special meaning. I grew up in a household of Country & Western music. Names Like Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Merle Haggard etc.. That all changed on my 8th birthday when my brother in law gave me my first record. It was a rock record and up until that point I had never heard rock music, but when I heard the record for the first time it really changed everything in my world.

Aqua Lung- Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson)

1648956153239.png

View attachment 625385

It was my 13th birthday, and my granny sent me a birthday check.
1977 I believe. I had seen the movie on TV recently and loved the song.
Fell in love with Babs at the time. Not so much anymore.
Actually....she wasn't acting in that movie....that was the way she was....I mean the way we were :iagree:

A 33 with Bad Company's Rock and Roll Fantasy on one side and Queen's Another One Bites the Dust on the other.

When I was getting ready to go into the military these were my favorite albums.

When I was stationed in Hawaii....the Eagles came to play at the Shell.

Then Fleetwood Mac took the lead when I get to San Diego in 77'.

Everly Brothers (45), "Bye Bye Love"/ "I Wonder If I Still Care". Didn't have a record player, used my friend's. "Til I Kissed You" is my all-time favorite. It was our song (Sharon and me).

Another favorite 'our song'. Buddy Holly, "Maybe Baby" (Joanne and me).

youtube music buddy holly maybe baby - Bing video

Sue and I didn't have an 'our song' but liked to get it on to music like Percy Faith's "Theme from A Summer Place" .

The '50's' were great, best years of my life. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back