What was the biggest lie that re-elected Obama?

That is a very good question. You list most of the main lies in your original post.

A whole set of lies were all the lies that Obama and other Dems told about Romney's record as governor at the Democratic convention and during the rest of the campaign. They were so egregious that after the first night of the convention even FactCheck.org took them to task in an article bluntly titled "Democratic Disinformation from Charlotte."

FactCheck.org : Democratic Disinformation from Charlotte

Few Obama supporters knew that as governor Romney did the following:

* Balanced the budget 4 years in a row after inheriting a $3 billion deficit, and did so without raising the income tax, the sales tax, or the gas tax.
* Improved the state's bond rating.
* Increased the state's reserve fund.
* Improved the state's job-creation ranking from 47th to 28th.
* Cut property taxes for seniors.
* Rebated $275 million in capital gains taxes back to taxpayers.
* Lowered the state's unemployment rate to below 5%, which was below the national average.
* Held state spending to virtually zero net growth (just 2.2% AFI), which of course was a major reason he was able to balance the budget.

Last edited:
Our Romney flip flopped more than Kerry, and we excoriated him.

Mike, we lost. Get over it. Let's start working for 2016.

He would have gotten trounced but at least there would have been a difference between the two candidates.

So what is the point of running somebody that would have gotten trounced?

Running two statist-corporatist-liberals against each other obviously gives no choice other than party loyalty so at least we woud have had a choice. Of course the media would have been even harder on Santorum because of his conservative social values and belief in God.

the fact that you can't tell the difference between the two doesn't mean there's not a difference.

statist/corporatists?

perhaps if you stop tossing around nonsense words, you'll figure out why the two parties have huge differences. hint: just because mittens played moderate during the debates doesn't mean he's moderate. and if he is, his party isn't.

if you want to get rid of the things that are hateful about both parties... and EVERY party that would ever be able to mount a credible run... start using your time to campaign for a constitutional amendment getting rid of citizens united and taking money out of the process.

although given how little the citizen's united crowd got for its money, it might end up having a net zero affect.

the fact that you can't tell the difference between the two doesn't mean there's not a difference.

statist/corporatists?

perhaps if you stop tossing around nonsense words, you'll figure out why the two parties have huge differences. hint: just because mittens played moderate during the debates doesn't mean he's moderate. and if he is, his party isn't.

if you want to get rid of the things that are hateful about both parties... and EVERY party that would ever be able to mount a credible run... start using your time to campaign for a constitutional amendment getting rid of citizens united and taking money out of the process.

although given how little the citizen's united crowd got for its money, it might end up having a net zero affect.

Jillian,

Personally, I believe Mitt is pretty close to the middle, and that gets to the root of why he lost. Even though he is close to the center, there are still some differences between him and Obama. Problem is, after spending the primary season basically disemboweling him, the far right contingent of the the Republican Party tried to re-assemble him in their image.

At the start of the primary season, I considered that I might vote for Mitt when the general election came along, but he took some serious shots during the primary and eventually started to sound more and more like some of his primary opponents. The Mitt Romney that eventually ran for President appeared to be different from the Mitt Romney that apparently successfully governed the state of Massachusetts. THAT was the big lie.

I love the smell of sour grapes in the morning. It reminds me of the smell of victory.

Yup, winning overrules everything else. It gives you a warm feeling in your poverty.

You know, you look so foolish posting that shit after mikegriffith1 posted his revealing post.

It makes you look like a dimwit.

All Obama has to offer us is shared sacrifice......or in other words, shared suffering.

Life will suck under Obama but you'll feel good about it.

Get ready for another wave of massive unemployment numbers.......if the Administration chooses to publish them.

Last edited:
Job creation?
Saving the Auto industry?
Obama-care being deficit neutral?
That a movie caused the murder of a US ambassador on 9-11-2012?
That he inherited the debt?

Its amazing that people are such a state of denial

The country we loved until 2007 is gone and will never be the same again
Thank you
Reid
Pelosi
Obama

Hey JeRK boy is back. While you were gone, there was a guy named Decker that sounded just like you.

Did you know that now WMDs were found in Iraq?

I love the smell of sour grapes in the morning. It reminds me of the smell of victory.

Yup, winning overrules everything else. It gives you a warm feeling in your poverty.
You know, you look so foolish posting that shit after mikegriffith1 posted his revealing post.
It makes you look like a dimwit.
All Obama has to offer us is shared sacrifice......or in other words, shared suffering.
Life will suck under Obama but you'll feel good about it.
Get ready for another wave of massive unemployment numbers.......if the Administration chooses to publish them.

Want some cheese with your whine?

No lie the outcome was inevitable. Obviously since no president should have been reelected with the economy where it is.

I wonder how PA can have a republican gov. and yet seldom ever vote for a republican president.

I do not understand so much of this any more
Ohio the same
Florida has 5-6 counties out of 62 (not 100% on the 62) vote Obama and he wins?
Ny gets to vote twice with Florida and the retirees

Turnout.

Give it some thought.

I think was when the Mitten camp made a campaign slogan and an effort to say that the President was talking about individual businesses when he was referring to the incredible system we have here in the US. It really showed the true nature of his character.

The economy is improving. That was the biggest lie. It's like saying the decomposition of a corpse makes the body more beautiful.

I'm pretty optimistic about the GOP's chances in 2016. Clinton had 8 years of peace and prosperity and Gore managed to lose in 2000.

However, seeing posts like this and the GOP idiots still playing the same losing tune that sunk them last week gives me hope for the Dems.

all these threads blaming this, talking about that, didn't this election humble you at all? it seems the right wingers on here have stepped up their dumb talk, its amazing.

Romney lost. It is all about the President now. He must stop lying and start performing for the good of the country. So must Congress.

The biggest lie was when he was saying Romney wanted to let the auto companies go out of buisness.

You mean pointing out there was an article entitled, "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" by Mitt Romney.

I'm wondering what magic power Obama had to make Romney say and do stupid shit.

They did go bankrupt, but Obama decided to screw over the debt holders and share holders, but you already know this.

all these threads blaming this, talking about that, didn't this election humble you at all? it seems the right wingers on here have stepped up their dumb talk, its amazing.

I know right.

What is even more bizarre is that the bluster is usually about how ruggedly independent they all are both in thought and in deed. There is no recognized leader to tell them what to think right now so it's more of the same "I hate you Obama" shit until likley the ignauguration.

Forum List

Back