WHat was David Vitter doing on the phone with Rove?

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
"Instead of supplying relief to the city, Rove had devised a scheme whereby he could blame the failure of government to take action on someone besides Bush. 'They looked around,' Landrieu says, "and they found a Democratic governor and an African American Democratic mayor who had never held office before in his life before he was mayor of New Orleans -- someone they knew they could manipulate. Ray Nagin had never held public office and here he was the mayor of New Orleans and it was going underwater."

"While the administration had bickered over politics, Blanco had expanded the size of her National Guard by accepting deployments of guardsmen from all of the other 49 states."

"Blanco accompanied Bush in his helicopter, along with Nagin."

Kathleen, you should have crashed that helicopter.

Karl Rove, Hurricane Katrina, George W. Bush | Salon Books

Last edited:
Hey, Gunny... from the article:

One story," Blanco aide Mann recalls, "would say the governor was so incompetent she had not even gotten around to declaring a state of emergency when she had actually done so three days before the storm. It was obvious to us who was behind this attack based on inaccurate information that was being shoveled to Washington reporters who were identifying their sources as senior Bush administration officials." Blanco adds, "People at Newsweek told me the White House called them to say I had delayed signing the disaster declaration. The assumption was that their source was the political director -- Karl Rove." Not only was the attack on Blanco in print, it was also on television. "All of a sudden," Blanco says, "a whole lot of talking heads showed up on television repeating the misinformation over and over, making it the truth."

Hey, Gunny... from the article:

One story," Blanco aide Mann recalls, "would say the governor was so incompetent she had not even gotten around to declaring a state of emergency when she had actually done so three days before the storm. It was obvious to us who was behind this attack based on inaccurate information that was being shoveled to Washington reporters who were identifying their sources as senior Bush administration officials." Blanco adds, "People at Newsweek told me the White House called them to say I had delayed signing the disaster declaration. The assumption was that their source was the political director -- Karl Rove." Not only was the attack on Blanco in print, it was also on television. "All of a sudden," Blanco says, "a whole lot of talking heads showed up on television repeating the misinformation over and over, making it the truth."

It's always been easier and more effective to blame others for the mistakes and eff ups of the Bush administration. I can't think of one thing they've done wrong that they haven't managed to blame on someone else.

It's always been easier and more effective to blame others for the mistakes and eff ups of the Bush administration. I can't think of one thing they've done wrong that they haven't managed to blame on someone else.

You've got to give them props, though. I've never seen people deflect better... not ever.

Except the Clintons.

The Clinton's are gone from the WH. We are talking about the bush's and their lying machine.

"You're doing a heck of a job, Bownie!"

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"

the bush administration had been the most affective spin machine I have ever seen. Ex. We need to invade Iraq.

The Clinton's are gone from the WH. We are talking about the bush's and their lying machine.

"You're doing a heck of a job, Bownie!"

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"

the bush administration had been the most affective spin machine I have ever seen. Ex. We need to invade Iraq.

But that was Clinton's fault too, remember?

Forum List

Back