What unemployment? I've received 840 job offers since 1/1/2010

Interesting how you try to drag me AND my attorney into the problem.

The problem are attorney's out there who are willing to offer "no charge" for their services and only a percentage of the "winnings".

And I am left with a decision....spend 15K to defend myself...and yes, likely win....or just let the system take over.

And yes...I asked my attorney why I cant simply counter for my legal costs...

and he said I can....and then asked if I would want to deal with the adverse reputation I would get for demanding payment from an unemployed individual.

It is an issue with our legal system....not with me.....but if you want to blame me....fucking go for it. But it is pretty fucking lame if you ask me.

I think it's pretty lame to be upset about people gaming the system and you don't do shit in your power to stop them because of these frivolous "this and that" reasons your Lawyer says.

If you have proof, you have proof. There's no phony guarantee you'll then be magically sued, and if you are sued and can't afford one then Public defendors are also afforded to you.

you are quite naive.

No...you are VERY naive.

This post above?

Childsih response. Learn what it is like to run a business, protect your employees, protect your position in the marketplace...then get back to me with your holier than though attitude....

Dam...you really are naive.

I think I know who the child is.....is the one who wants to complain about people taking advantage of people but is too scared to do something about it.

If UnEmployment calls you, you are expected to tell them the truth. If you're one of the people at the helm, and you won't man up for fear of being sued, then you are part of the problem. That's not naive, that is the definition of why things will never change. Jarhead is worried about Jarhead and will not fight system abuse for "the people," even if he is right.

Let's hear it genius, let's deal in reality as it's you, I'm afraid, who are naive and askurred of what faux lawyer man says.

What could you possibly be sued for, if you tell unemployment that someone advised you they are collecting under the table? Answer: you can't be sued.

Well, why not how come?

Because they don't just take your word for it, and drop the benefit. They launch an investigation and your "tip off," if you will, is irrelevant to where it goes from there. Cut the bullshit. The dropping of the benefit would be based on the investigation, not based on your hearsay.

Last edited:
Sounds like your Lawyer is also a part of the problem.

The problem are attorney's out there who are willing to offer "no charge" for their services and only a percentage of the "winnings".

And I am left with a decision....spend 15K to defend myself...and yes, likely win....or just let the system take over.

and he said I can....and then asked if I would want to deal with the adverse reputation I would get for demanding payment from an unemployed individual.

It is an issue with our legal system....not with me.....but if you want to blame me....fucking go for it. But it is pretty fucking lame if you ask me.

It's the same deal with giving references for past employees. If a prospective employer calls you about an ex-employee who stole, cheated, lied, and damaged your company, you better not say anything, because saying anything negative could lead to a lawsuit. When I check a potential employees references, I only ask one question, "Would you rehire him/her"? With that question, an ex-employer can give an honest answer, yes or no, without having to explain themselves.

Yes why would one get 840 job offers if they were not even looking, and the disparity in the job types....

It's an easy answer: Sales.

In the multi-level marketing positions, which are infinite, it doesn't cost anything to employ someone. They (those hiring) actually pimp salesmen to simply convince other salesmen to take the job. They actively seek salesmen harder than they seek sales. Why? Because the first few sales are easy: family and friends.

Most salesmen quit at this point, when they find out how difficult sales can be.

But the hiree got his share of the few sales. And those who hired him did, as well. etc etc ad nauseum.

You don't have to look for those jobs, they look for YOU.

Sounds like your Lawyer is also a part of the problem.

It's the same deal with giving references for past employees. If a prospective employer calls you about an ex-employee who stole, cheated, lied, and damaged your company, you better not say anything, because saying anything negative could lead to a lawsuit. When I check a potential employees references, I only ask one question, "Would you rehire him/her"? With that question, an ex-employer can give an honest answer, yes or no, without having to explain themselves.

You can't sue someone if you don't even have the basis for a case.

I think it's pretty lame to be upset about people gaming the system and you don't do shit in your power to stop them because of these frivolous "this and that" reasons your Lawyer says.

If you have proof, you have proof. There's no phony guarantee you'll then be magically sued, and if you are sued and can't afford one then Public defendors are also afforded to you.

you are quite naive.

No...you are VERY naive.

This post above?

Childsih response. Learn what it is like to run a business, protect your employees, protect your position in the marketplace...then get back to me with your holier than though attitude....

I think I know who the child is.....is the one who wants to complain about people taking advantage of people but is too scared to do something about it.

If UnEmployment calls you, you are expected to tell them the truth. If you're one of the people at the helm, and you won't man up for fear of being sued, then you are part of the problem. That's not naive, that is the definition of why things will never change. Jarhead is worried about Jarhead and will not fight system abuse for "the people," even if he is right.

Let's hear it genius, let's deal in reality as it's you, I'm afraid, who are naive and askurred of what faux lawyer man says.

What could you possibly be sued for, if you tell unemployment that someone advised you they are collecting under the table? Answer: you can't be sued.

Well, why not how come?

Because they don't just take your word for it, and drop the benefit. They launch an investigation and your "tip off," if you will, is irrelevant to where it goes from there. Cut the bullshit.

Scenario (as it has happened)

Jim Smith (recruiter) gets a phone call from unempoloyment asking if Tom Jones is actively seeking a job as is his responsibility

Jim Smith says "He will not return our calls regarding interviews"

Unemployment sends Tom Jones a letter discontinuing his unemploiyment benefits based on the response of Jim Smith...and yes, they give him Jim Smith's name in the letter.

Tom Jones is irate. He sees an attorney...there are hundreds here in NY that advertise for this reason in itself...."have you been unfairly denied unemployment benefits".....

The attorney askes Jim Smith for proof that Tom Jones is not returning phone calls. He produces his records showing calls made, no return call.

Tom Jones on the other hand asserts that he stops by the office EVERYDAY asking for interviews.....even though he hasnt....and now there is enough "he said/she said to warrant an action.

SO enough with your childish naive statements. Y9ou dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

if my recollection is correct, the only thing a past employers is allowed to say is whether the person worked there and the dates of employment. i don't know about the question you ask.

Last edited:
Job vacancies advertised online were down 163,900 in August to 3,990,600, according to The Conference Board Help Wanted OnLine survey released today. That follows declines in July and June.

Online job postings down | Business Casual | Wichita Eagle Blogs

It does't take much to see when you look at the data that based on the number of openings which are trending downward, and the number of unemployed that there are many many more unemployed persons than there are job openings.

Yes you can.
Once it is he said/she said, it will be put n the docket.

You dont know my business........you really dont know what you are talking about.

Hell.....you dont know business in generalk if you think that is true.

Have you ever heard of a frivelous law suit? Most times, such is not found out until it reaches court...then it is tossed on lack of evidence....but the complaintant sticks with it to the very end in the hopes of a settlement.

Jeez....youj really are naive when it comes to business.

For someone who owns his/her own business, you are incredibly stupid. First of all, just because you receive notifications about jobs doesn't mean they actually exist. Some of it is most likely lead in advertising just looking for a response from desperate job seekers. As for any legitimate positions, I'm willing to bet they receive hundreds of applications for each position, so just because you see a job is available doesn't mean that everyone unemployed is going to get it.

But what I really want to address is your statement that apple pickers in Washington are paid close to $50,000 per year. Actually, they only make around $8000 per year.

http://depts.washington.edu/ufw/images/1995r/se20000000ufw1a_bw.pdf

Farm Jobs

These people are lucky to make minimum wage, housing is not always provided, and the work is seasonal.

You should fit in well here with your tales from fantasy land. It seems to be an ongoing theme in these parts.

What about the hundreds of jobs I see advertised daily in our local paper?

We are small to medium county so I have to assume across the whole state of Florida there are thousands upon thousands of jobs advertised every day.

If people were so desperate for work I would think these employers woudn't have to spend the money to advertise.

how many people are applying for each job?

and how many of those jobs say "don't apply if you're unemployed" or have credit problems?

try again.

Good fuckin point, alot of employers are shoving away people who are unemployed or who have credit issues.

if my recollection is correct, the only thing a past employers is allowed to say is whether the person worked there and for how long. i don't know about the question you ask.

the employer must also divulge as to whether or not the employee left on his/her own accord or if the employee was terminated.

But unemployment ALSO interacts with prospective employers and personell agencies as it pertains to the interview "activity" of a benefits collector.

I get calls from unemployment on a regular basis asking me how Jim Smith did on his interview.

they saisd NO to their own bills because Obama joined them.

They held up the debt ceiling until we got downgraded.

They are doing everything they can to keep America down so they can win a fucking election

You forgot the part about us laughing and joking when there really weren't all those shovel ready jobs workers were promised a year or so earlier. Oops...never mind. I forgot that was Barry & company laughing at the joke they pulled on the unemployed. But it was hilarious, wasn't it?

The total number of job openings in August was 3.2 million. From the August Current Population Survey, we know that the total number of unemployed workers was 14.9 million. This means that the ratio of unemployed workers to job openings was 4.6-to-1 in August, unchanged from the revised July ratio. It is important to note that this ratio does not measure the number of applicants for each job. There may be throngs of applicants for every job posting, since job seekers apply for multiple jobs. The 4.6-to-1 ratio means that for every 46 unemployed workers, there are only 10 available job openings.

Far more unemployed workers than job openings | Economic Policy Institute

It does appear that the data suggests otherwise, however I suppose there is always exceptions to the rule. The general consensus is though that there are many many more applicants.

The amount of time the unemployed spent hunting for jobs rose sharply last year. Those out of work tended to search for about 20 weeks before quitting in 2010, compared to 8.5 weeks in 2007, according to a recent Labor Department report. The report studied how long unemployed workers took to either find a new job or quit looking.
Average Job Seeker Gives Up After 5 Months - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Many jobs available are part-time, no benefits, minimum wage. While it is a start, taking a job like that does not make a person fully employed. In many cases, it just costs them any benefits they might be receiving while limiting their time to find full-time employment.

On a personal level, I believe it's easy for someone to say " go get a job", however, if you worked let's say at Textile plant all your life, supported you family, paid your taxes. and are a good citizen and now are on unemployment because your job was shipped overseas, because lets face we now live in a Wal-Mart culture, where we the consumer demand everything cheap, and the producer demands ever increasing profits, leading to Americans getting caught in a catch 22. It's unfair to just tell these people, go take a part time job while they are just surviving on unemployment , often time for the first time in their lives, and this is mind you insurance they paid for through tax withholdings. So to demonize these people serves nothing. It's high time this nation get off its collective backside and start demanding from its retailers, it's producers "American Made", and personally I don't care if it's Union or non-union or your grandmother made it. We need to demand from our own Govt. that those companies who wish to take advantage of being an American company be give them, (deductions, tax breaks etc), and those that don't its simple, those breaks don't apply. The most important thing though, is we need to stop this judgement of our own people, because they are just as American as we are and live by the motto "There but for the grace of God, go I ".

I saw Donald Trump on a TV interview recently and he said considering China's currency manipulation we would have to charge them 41%import taxes to level the playing field. At the same time he admitted that he is importing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of construction materials to be used in the new buildings he is putting up. World wide Trump has tens of thousands of employees.

We are small to medium county so I have to assume across the whole state of Florida there are thousands upon thousands of jobs advertised every day.

If people were so desperate for work I would think these employers woudn't have to spend the money to advertise.

and how many of those jobs say "don't apply if you're unemployed" or have credit problems?

try again.

Good fuckin point, alot of employers are shoving away people who are unemployed or who have credit issues.

i'm going to bet the only jobs the o/p has been offered are in spamming messageboards with nonsense.

try again.

2 weeks ago I dropped a client who insisted I only send them people who are currently employed.

I told him I can not discriminate against the unemployed...and he said if you want to work with me, you will have to.

SO I said "then I guess I dont want to work with you".

Yes...that is a growing problem. I understand WHY they are doing it...but I dont agree with them.

you are quite naive.

No...you are VERY naive.

This post above?

Well, why not how come?

Because they don't just take your word for it, and drop the benefit. They launch an investigation and your "tip off," if you will, is irrelevant to where it goes from there. Cut the bullshit.

Scenario (as it has happened)

Jim Smith (recruiter) gets a phone call from unempoloyment asking if Tom Jones is actively seeking a job as is his responsibility

Jim Smith says "He will not return our calls regarding interviews"

Unemployment sends Tom Jones a letter discontinuing his unemploiyment benefits based on the response of Jim Smith...and yes, they give him Jim Smith's name in the letter.

Tom Jones is irate. He sees an attorney...there are hundreds here in NY that advertise for this reason in itself...."have you been unfairly denied unemployment benefits".....

The attorney askes Jim Smith for proof that Tom Jones is not returning phone calls. He produces his records showing calls made, no return call.

Tom Jones on the other hand asserts that he stops by the office EVERYDAY asking for interviews.....even though he hasnt....and now there is enough "he said/she said to warrant an action.

SO enough with your childish naive statements. Y9ou dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

I think you don't know what the fuck YOU'RE talking about.

You can report someone anonymously, genius.

I wonder how a Lawyer would have missed telling you that little detail.

Here's the information, Jarhead: Unemployment Insurance Benefits Fraud - New York State Department of Labor

You've been schooled.

So next time joe smith tells you he works for $100 a day under the table, make sure you call the hotline anonymously, and stop making up phony lawyers advice or..................fire your dumb lawyer.

try again.

i'm going to bet the only jobs the o/p has been offered are in spamming messageboards with nonsense.

I didnt even pay attention to the OP.

I mean...jeez.....there are no doubt way less jobs out there than therre should be........but truth is, there definitely are jobs.

Just not as much as I would like to see.

Unemployment Insurance Benefits Fraud
24-Hour Toll-Free Hotline
(1-888) 598-2077
When someone collects unemployment insurance (UI) benefits by lying to the Department of Labor, he or she is committing fraud. We take UI benefits fraud very seriously. It is a crime that affects businesses and workers. It drives up UI taxes on law-abiding businesses, and it frustrates honest workers. We need every dollar to help those who honestly need these benefits. .

Some examples of UI benefits fraud include: .

•Providing false information or failing to disclose information on your application for benefits, including lying about how you lost your job
•Working while collecting unemployment benefits and inaccurately reporting your days and earnings
•Working any amount of time in a week while collecting benefits and telling us you did not work
•Earning more than $405 from employers in one week where benefits are collected and not correctly reporting true total earnings for that week
•Failing to be ready, willing and able to work (e.g., out of the area, on vacation, sick, suffering total disability) while collecting UI benefits
•Working "off the books" while collecting benefits
•Using another person's identity (e.g., name, social security number) to file fraudulent claims
•Helping another person file a false unemployment insurance claim
•Collaborating with an employer to illegally claim unemployment insurance benefits
Any person who commits fraud will have to pay us back the money. He or she will be penalized, and may be arrested and prosecuted. .

We need your help to keep the UI system fair for everyone. If you have reason to believe that someone committed UI benefits fraud, please contact us. You may remain anonymous. .
You can report UI benefits fraud two ways: .

•Call our hotline toll-free at (1-888) 598-2077
•Report by mail to:

NYS Department of Labor
Office of Special Investigations
Bldg 12 - Room 119
W. Averell Harriman Campus
Albany, NY 12240

Yes, let them bring suit against an anonymous tipster.

try again.

2 weeks ago I dropped a client who insisted I only send them people who are currently employed.

I told him I can not discriminate against the unemployed...and he said if you want to work with me, you will have to.

SO I said "then I guess I dont want to work with you".

Yes...that is a growing problem. I understand WHY they are doing it...but I dont agree with them.

With our unemployment numbers at record highs I don't understand why people would not want to hire them, alot of these people are not unemployed because of their own choosing companies are shutting down left and right and leaving people to go get fucked. Unemployed are being treated like lepers in this country, even people on welfare for years get more respect.

Forum List

Back