What unemployment? I've received 840 job offers since 1/1/2010

The total number of job openings in August was 3.2 million. From the August Current Population Survey, we know that the total number of unemployed workers was 14.9 million. This means that the ratio of unemployed workers to job openings was 4.6-to-1 in August, unchanged from the revised July ratio. It is important to note that this ratio does not measure the number of applicants for each job. There may be throngs of applicants for every job posting, since job seekers apply for multiple jobs. The 4.6-to-1 ratio means that for every 46 unemployed workers, there are only 10 available job openings.

Far more unemployed workers than job openings | Economic Policy Institute

It does appear that the data suggests otherwise, however I suppose there is always exceptions to the rule. The general consensus is though that there are many many more applicants.

The amount of time the unemployed spent hunting for jobs rose sharply last year. Those out of work tended to search for about 20 weeks before quitting in 2010, compared to 8.5 weeks in 2007, according to a recent Labor Department report. The report studied how long unemployed workers took to either find a new job or quit looking.
Average Job Seeker Gives Up After 5 Months - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Wall St. and the Republicans wrecked the economy and it was bleeding off 750,000 jobs a month in January 2009. The whole thing was in the worst condition since the depression in the 1930's. Now all they are doing is saying NO to everything the president tries and criticizing him as if he caused the mess.

You might be surprised at my take on this whole mess, first I believe that our current situation is a combination of both parties lawmakers more interested in their own agenda's than the good health of this nation. A good example would be the 2 major wars we have fought in the last 10 years, in the past the American people had an interest in the conclusion of wars this nation was engaged in , in terms of blood ( i.e. the draft), and taxed for it. These two however, were not only fought off the books, they were fought when taxes were cut, so they were not paid for, leaving only one group to sacrifice for these wars and that is the Military and its families. This model of tax cutting while spening, on programs like Medicare Part D, the Bailouts( insert your favorite here), as well as unchecked and often times unregulated gambling in the finanacial sector has led us to where we are. In my humble opinion, this is because all of the individuals involved Democrat and Republican alike forget one thing, they were Americans first, then everything else the represented came after that. Today we find ourselves with pretty much the same people, except this time each wishes to blame the other and none wishes to concentrate on whats most important. Until such time as we the people who actually are the real bosses owners of this nation, stand up and demand these things from those who represent us, through our vote, and stop this "my team comes first attitude" it will continue sadly much to the shame of a great nation.

You are right... but wasting your time to use logic with posters like Cammm or TruthMocker. Neither care about reality, they care only about their own pathetic 'opinion'... no matter how devoid of reality their opinions happen to be.

I think I know who the child is.....is the one who wants to complain about people taking advantage of people but is too scared to do something about it.

If UnEmployment calls you, you are expected to tell them the truth. If you're one of the people at the helm, and you won't man up for fear of being sued, then you are part of the problem. That's not naive, that is the definition of why things will never change. Jarhead is worried about Jarhead and will not fight system abuse for "the people," even if he is right.

Let's hear it genius, let's deal in reality as it's you, I'm afraid, who are naive and askurred of what faux lawyer man says.

What could you possibly be sued for, if you tell unemployment that someone advised you they are collecting under the table? Answer: you can't be sued.

Well, why not how come?

Because they don't just take your word for it, and drop the benefit. They launch an investigation and your "tip off," if you will, is irrelevant to where it goes from there. Cut the bullshit.

Scenario (as it has happened)

Jim Smith (recruiter) gets a phone call from unempoloyment asking if Tom Jones is actively seeking a job as is his responsibility

Jim Smith says "He will not return our calls regarding interviews"

Unemployment sends Tom Jones a letter discontinuing his unemploiyment benefits based on the response of Jim Smith...and yes, they give him Jim Smith's name in the letter.

Tom Jones is irate. He sees an attorney...there are hundreds here in NY that advertise for this reason in itself...."have you been unfairly denied unemployment benefits".....

The attorney askes Jim Smith for proof that Tom Jones is not returning phone calls. He produces his records showing calls made, no return call.

Tom Jones on the other hand asserts that he stops by the office EVERYDAY asking for interviews.....even though he hasnt....and now there is enough "he said/she said to warrant an action.

SO enough with your childish naive statements. Y9ou dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

I think you don't know what the fuck YOU'RE talking about.

You can report someone anonymously, genius.

I wonder how a Lawyer would have missed telling you that little detail.

Here's the information, Jarhead: Unemployment Insurance Benefits Fraud - New York State Department of Labor

You've been schooled.

So next time joe smith tells you he works for $100 a day under the table, make sure you call the hotline anonymously, and stop making up phony lawyers advice or..................fire your dumb lawyer.

NO YOU CANT report it anonymously....you need to tell them how you know they are gaming the game, why yopu know they are gaming the game...and HOW they are gaming the game.

Otherwise, I could be some jealous x boyfriend trying to fuck over her no beau

Jeez...I give up with you.....you are way to naive as to what goes on in the business world.

how many people are applying for each job?

and how many of those jobs say "don't apply if you're unemployed" or have credit problems?

try again.

Good fuckin point, alot of employers are shoving away people who are unemployed or who have credit issues.

i'm going to bet the only jobs the o/p has been offered are in spamming messageboards with nonsense.

That and mopping the floors at the local adult movie theatre.

What about the hundreds of jobs I see advertised daily in our local paper?

We are small to medium county so I have to assume across the whole state of Florida there are thousands upon thousands of jobs advertised every day.

If people were so desperate for work I would think these employers woudn't have to spend the money to advertise.

how many people are applying for each job?

and how many of those jobs say "don't apply if you're unemployed" or have credit problems?

try again.

Good fuckin point, alot of employers are shoving away people who are unemployed or who have credit issues.

Ironic, considering that the only way out is to BE employed.

The reason I have credit issues is BECAUSE I was unemployed for a significant length of time.

Scenario (as it has happened)

Jim Smith (recruiter) gets a phone call from unempoloyment asking if Tom Jones is actively seeking a job as is his responsibility

Jim Smith says "He will not return our calls regarding interviews"

Unemployment sends Tom Jones a letter discontinuing his unemploiyment benefits based on the response of Jim Smith...and yes, they give him Jim Smith's name in the letter.

Tom Jones is irate. He sees an attorney...there are hundreds here in NY that advertise for this reason in itself...."have you been unfairly denied unemployment benefits".....

The attorney askes Jim Smith for proof that Tom Jones is not returning phone calls. He produces his records showing calls made, no return call.

Tom Jones on the other hand asserts that he stops by the office EVERYDAY asking for interviews.....even though he hasnt....and now there is enough "he said/she said to warrant an action.

SO enough with your childish naive statements. Y9ou dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Here's the information, Jarhead: Unemployment Insurance Benefits Fraud - New York State Department of Labor

You've been schooled.

So next time joe smith tells you he works for $100 a day under the table, make sure you call the hotline anonymously, and stop making up phony lawyers advice or..................fire your dumb lawyer.

NO YOU CANT report it anonymously....you need to tell them how you know they are gaming the game, why yopu know they are gaming the game...and HOW they are gaming the game.

Jeez...I give up with you.....you are way to naive as to what goes on in the business world.

aahahahaha.....yes, you CAN report in anonymously. I thought you were supposed to be familiar with these things?

We need your help to keep the UI system fair for everyone. If you have reason to believe that someone committed UI benefits fraud, please contact us. You may remain anonymous. .

You can report UI benefits fraud two ways: .

•Call our hotline toll-free at (1-888) 598-2077
•Report by mail to:

NYS Department of Labor
Office of Special Investigations
Bldg 12 - Room 119
W. Averell Harriman Campus
Albany, NY 12240

Unemployment Insurance Benefits Fraud - New York State Department of Labor

Unemployment Insurance Benefits Fraud
24-Hour Toll-Free Hotline
(1-888) 598-2077
When someone collects unemployment insurance (UI) benefits by lying to the Department of Labor, he or she is committing fraud. We take UI benefits fraud very seriously. It is a crime that affects businesses and workers. It drives up UI taxes on law-abiding businesses, and it frustrates honest workers. We need every dollar to help those who honestly need these benefits. .

Some examples of UI benefits fraud include: .

•Providing false information or failing to disclose information on your application for benefits, including lying about how you lost your job
•Working while collecting unemployment benefits and inaccurately reporting your days and earnings
•Working any amount of time in a week while collecting benefits and telling us you did not work
•Earning more than $405 from employers in one week where benefits are collected and not correctly reporting true total earnings for that week
•Failing to be ready, willing and able to work (e.g., out of the area, on vacation, sick, suffering total disability) while collecting UI benefits
•Working "off the books" while collecting benefits
•Using another person's identity (e.g., name, social security number) to file fraudulent claims
•Helping another person file a false unemployment insurance claim
•Collaborating with an employer to illegally claim unemployment insurance benefits
Any person who commits fraud will have to pay us back the money. He or she will be penalized, and may be arrested and prosecuted. .

We need your help to keep the UI system fair for everyone. If you have reason to believe that someone committed UI benefits fraud, please contact us. You may remain anonymous. .

•Report by mail to:

NYS Department of Labor
Bldg 12 - Room 119
Albany, NY 12240

Yes, let them bring suit against an anonymous tipster.

now you are being an ass....

That is for someone who suspects...but not at all connected to the person.

Not for a business who is directly connected to Unemployment and on the lsit as all NYS companies are.

You are pathetic.

I don't understand how ANYONE can be unemployed in America.
I am not interested in any of these as I own my own business but if I wanted a job every day since 1/1/2010 I received email notifications about jobs in my area of Florida. Hertz, Crab Shack, Manorcare, Dunkin Donuts, Kohl's,Outback, AMC theatres,Enterprise, Dollar, CarMaxTruBlue, Aerotek...
Just to name a few of the 840 distinct emails with job offers!

840 jobs all for one person!

In addition in Washington State apple pickers are desperately needed and they pay $150/day almost $50,000 a year.. and these jobs are available right now!

The problem is NOT available JOBS..
It's people that want to work!

So, basically you've received 840 emails about jobs being available. Interesting, because that's not what your thread title says. It claims you have been offered 840 jobs. An email advising that vacancies are available is not a legal offer of employment.

What an idiot.

Many jobs available are part-time, no benefits, minimum wage. While it is a start, taking a job like that does not make a person fully employed. In many cases, it just costs them any benefits they might be receiving while limiting their time to find full-time employment.

On a personal level, I believe it's easy for someone to say " go get a job", however, if you worked let's say at Textile plant all your life, supported you family, paid your taxes. and are a good citizen and now are on unemployment because your job was shipped overseas, because lets face we now live in a Wal-Mart culture, where we the consumer demand everything cheap, and the producer demands ever increasing profits, leading to Americans getting caught in a catch 22. It's unfair to just tell these people, go take a part time job while they are just surviving on unemployment , often time for the first time in their lives, and this is mind you insurance they paid for through tax withholdings. So to demonize these people serves nothing. It's high time this nation get off its collective backside and start demanding from its retailers, it's producers "American Made", and personally I don't care if it's Union or non-union or your grandmother made it. We need to demand from our own Govt. that those companies who wish to take advantage of being an American company be give them, (deductions, tax breaks etc), and those that don't its simple, those breaks don't apply. The most important thing though, is we need to stop this judgement of our own people, because they are just as American as we are and live by the motto "There but for the grace of God, go I ".

I saw Donald Trump on a TV interview recently and he said considering China's currency manipulation we would have to charge them 41%import taxes to level the playing field. At the same time he admitted that he is importing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of construction materials to be used in the new buildings he is putting up. World wide Trump has tens of thousands of employees.

First, when Donald Trumps says something, you have to consider the source. However, that being said, to simply start charging a 41% tax on imports would find the US in the WTO not to mention what I would imagine a dumping of our T-Bills by China and a rapid fall of the dollar. My suggestion would be quite simple, in that if one wishes to sale and produce here and take advantage of the tax system here, ( i.e. deductions) then that company must prove in some manner that the product is at least 51% made here. If it's not it's quite simple, then the deductions do not apply. Trump has not considered the fact that for the most part China is a supplier to American business and the 41% he is talking about does not give American business any incentive to hire here. In fact if I were an American busines and they applied a 41% import tax from China I would simply move to Mexico and take advantage of NAFTA. Trump has filed for Bankruptcy 4 times to my knowledge so his suggestions need to be taken with a grain of salt.

(1-888) 598-2077
When someone collects unemployment insurance (UI) benefits by lying to the Department of Labor, he or she is committing fraud. We take UI benefits fraud very seriously. It is a crime that affects businesses and workers. It drives up UI taxes on law-abiding businesses, and it frustrates honest workers. We need every dollar to help those who honestly need these benefits. .

•Providing false information or failing to disclose information on your application for benefits, including lying about how you lost your job
•Working while collecting unemployment benefits and inaccurately reporting your days and earnings
•Working any amount of time in a week while collecting benefits and telling us you did not work
•Earning more than $405 from employers in one week where benefits are collected and not correctly reporting true total earnings for that week
•Failing to be ready, willing and able to work (e.g., out of the area, on vacation, sick, suffering total disability) while collecting UI benefits
•Using another person's identity (e.g., name, social security number) to file fraudulent claims
•Collaborating with an employer to illegally claim unemployment insurance benefits
Any person who commits fraud will have to pay us back the money. He or she will be penalized, and may be arrested and prosecuted. .

•Report by mail to:

NYS Department of Labor
Bldg 12 - Room 119
Albany, NY 12240

Not for a business who is directly connected to Unemployment and on the lsit as all NYS companies are.

You are pathetic.

I think it's pathetic that you're here telling us that you know of people who are committing UI fraud, you know you can call anonymously to offer the tip, at any time, and you won't do it and are ragging on me or anyone for telling you that you should do so.

First it was because some fake lawyer said they'd sue you.

Now you know you can do it from any phone in the US without giving your name, you can even mail a letter...................and you're calling me pathetic?

I think you're trying to avoid the issue completely, that what you dispise (gaming the system) is something you're complicit in because you can make an anonymous report, at any moment now.

You've been schooled.

aahahahaha.....yes, you CAN report in anonymously. I thought you were supposed to be familiar with these things?

•Report by mail to:

NYS Department of Labor
Bldg 12 - Room 119
Albany, NY 12240

OK genius...

I call anonymously and tell them that Jim Smith did the math and turned down my offer.

They let me reamin anaonymous.

They discontinue his benefits.

Jim Smith says...gee, I wish I knew who was the one who offerd me a job but I said no becuase I want to game the game. I have no idea who it was. I wish I did....but hell, I have no idea who that could be. I mean, yes there was that company who I turned down the job with yesterday....but I cant fugire out who it was.

You are such an ass.....you have no idea how silly you look.

(1-888) 598-2077

•Report by mail to:

NYS Department of Labor
Bldg 12 - Room 119
Albany, NY 12240

You are pathetic.

I think it's pathetic that you're here telling us that you know of people who are committing UI fraud, you know you can call anonymously to offer the tip, at any time, and you won't do it and are ragging on me or anyone for telling you that you should do so.

First it was because some fake lawyer said they'd sue you.

Now you know you can do it from any phone in the US without giving your name, you can even mail a letter...................and you're calling me pathetic?

I think you're trying to avoid the issue completely, that what you dispise (gaming the system) is something you're complicit in because you can make an anonymous report, at any moment now.

lol...fake lawyer?

You are way too naive to understand such a deep topic....such as running a business.

Go back to Palin bashing. You are good at that....and it takes little intelligence.

•Report by mail to:

NYS Department of Labor
Bldg 12 - Room 119
Albany, NY 12240

OK genius...

I call anonymously and tell them that Jim Smith did the math and turned down my offer.

Jim Smith says...gee, I wish I knew who was the one who offerd me a job but I said no becuase I want to game the game. I have no idea who it was. I wish I did....but hell, I have no idea who that could be. I mean, yes there was that company who I turned down the job with yesterday....but I cant fugire out who it was.

They don't say "hey, Jim Smith," your benefits are discontinued b/c we got an anonymous tip!"

Jackass.

They discontinue them after they INVESTIGATE Jim Smith. The investigation determines if he loses benefits or not, not the tip. The tip independantly starts the process and he has no right to sue if the investigation shows he WAS committing fraud, dumbass, and if it DOESNT show it.............he WOULDNT LOSE BENEFITS.

You're scared of nothing.

Wall St. and the Republicans wrecked the economy and it was bleeding off 750,000 jobs a month in January 2009. The whole thing was in the worst condition since the depression in the 1930's. Now all they are doing is saying NO to everything the president tries and criticizing him as if he caused the mess.

You might be surprised at my take on this whole mess, first I believe that our current situation is a combination of both parties lawmakers more interested in their own agenda's than the good health of this nation. A good example would be the 2 major wars we have fought in the last 10 years, in the past the American people had an interest in the conclusion of wars this nation was engaged in , in terms of blood ( i.e. the draft), and taxed for it. These two however, were not only fought off the books, they were fought when taxes were cut, so they were not paid for, leaving only one group to sacrifice for these wars and that is the Military and its families. This model of tax cutting while spening, on programs like Medicare Part D, the Bailouts( insert your favorite here), as well as unchecked and often times unregulated gambling in the finanacial sector has led us to where we are. In my humble opinion, this is because all of the individuals involved Democrat and Republican alike forget one thing, they were Americans first, then everything else the represented came after that. Today we find ourselves with pretty much the same people, except this time each wishes to blame the other and none wishes to concentrate on whats most important. Until such time as we the people who actually are the real bosses owners of this nation, stand up and demand these things from those who represent us, through our vote, and stop this "my team comes first attitude" it will continue sadly much to the shame of a great nation.

You are right... but wasting your time to use logic with posters like Cammm or TruthMocker. Neither care about reality, they care only about their own pathetic 'opinion'... no matter how devoid of reality their opinions happen to be.

I'll take your input under advisement.

first you said you're scared of being sued b/c some Lawyer told you so.

then i told you that you can report people anonymously.

you denied it.

i showed you it on the labor dept's website.

you giggled and called me naive.

you also think you can get sued if someone is found to have committed fraud.

well, #1 the tip is anonymous.

#2, if they're found guilty, they can only "sue" the department of labor for lying that they were guilty........because it is the dept. of labor that investigates and makes the decision, not the tipster.

#3. if the investigation shows that they're not committing fraud, they do not lose the benefit.

#4. They can't sue: "anonymous." Even if they have a great "hunch."

CORRECTION!!! I WAS WRONG! THERE WERE NOT 840 JOB OFFERINGS!

Examples of "finding Jobs"..."Snagajob.com...
WHILE there were 840 email notices of jobs and there were actually MORE then 840 jobs... below are 3 excerpts for 3 emails that contain a total of 23 distinct jobs.
So at an average of 8 jobs per email..there were nearly 6,000 job offerings..
just for me!

Joining the Hertz team opens doors to many exciting and challenging opportunities. At Hertz, they know service excellence is built on their employees.

Employment opportunities near you may include:
Account Rep
Counter Sales Rep
Courtesy Bus Driver
Airport Location Manager
Salesperson 1430 W Brandon Blvd
Receiving Lead Clearwater, FL
Commercial Parts Pro 1907 E Bearss Ave
Salesperson 13029 US Hwy 301 S
Store Cashier 9023 Gibsonton Dr.
Busser & Dishwashers 6150 Lazy Days Blvd
Experienced Security Officer Tampa and Surrounding Areas
Customer Experience Manager 2026 66th Street North
Night and Weekend Customer Experience Manager 2564 W Brandon Blvd
Inventory Taker Auditor New Port Richey, FL
Associate Manager 1230 E. Brandon Blvd
Occupational Therapist Saint Petersburg, FL
Crew Member 2300 Gulf To Bay
Expeditor 2490 State Road 580
Restaurant Manager 13013 66th Street
Skating Carhops & Crew Members 1230 E. Brandon Blvd
Retail Sales Associate Tampa
Team Leader Operations 3700 TYRONE BLVD

•Report by mail to:

NYS Department of Labor
Bldg 12 - Room 119
Albany, NY 12240

OK genius...

They don't say "hey, Jim Smith," your benefits are discontinued b/c we got an anonymous tip!"

Jackass.

They discontinue them after they INVESTIGATE Jim Smith. The investigation determines if he loses benefits or not, not the tip. The tip independantly starts the process and he has no right to sue if the investigation shows he WAS committing fraud, dumbass, and if it DOESNT show it.............he WOULDNT LOSE BENEFITS.

Oh. Yeah. I get it.
They have people tailing the thousands out there who are cheating NYS out of 405 a week.
They "investigate" them.

Jeez....and you call ME a jackass....you have nmo idea what you are talking about. I am on the pohone with Unemployment every fucking day of the week......but YOU know better.

I am in the recruiting business.....but YOU know better.

Sure....hundreds of thousands of people on unemployment....and they will "investigate" all those reported by anonymous tips.

Asshole...the investigation is calling EVERYONE they interview with.....INCLUDING ME, the anonymous one...and when I say the truth...I AM NO LONGER ANONYMOUS you fucking idiot.

jeez......I give up with you.

OK genius...

Jackass.

Oh. Yeah. I get it.
They have people tailing the thousands out there who are cheating NYS out of 405 a week.
They "investigate" them.

Jeez....and you call ME a jackass....you have nmo idea what you are talking about. I am on the pohone with Unemployment every fucking day of the week......but YOU know better.

Sure....hundreds of thousands of people on unemployment....and they will "investigate" all those reported by anonymous tips.

Asshole...the investigation is calling EVERYONE they interview with.....INCLUDING ME, the anonymous one...and when I say the truth...I AM NO LONGER ANONYMOUS you fucking idiot.jeez......I give up with you.

The anonymous hotline is for Jane Doe who heard that someone she knows is gaming the game.

Not for someone who was gamed.....

OK genius...

Jackass.

Oh. Yeah. I get it.
They "investigate" them.

Asshole...the investigation is calling EVERYONE they interview with.....INCLUDING ME, the anonymous one...and when I say the truth...I AM NO LONGER ANONYMOUS you fucking idiot.

I had a feeling this post would scare you away.

OK genius...

Jackass.

Oh. Yeah. I get it.
They "investigate" them.

You should give up, I make ya look like the jackass you apparently are.

The investigation would be determined by the anonymous tipster saying "he works for his brother."

Then, the State finds the brother's place of employment.

UE shows up @ Random, same as child protective services does, looks for the Insured to be working or not, and also questions the brother.

There's a sentence on the Dept. of Labor's Website I wish more people in the position to do-so would take seriously, so that Taxpayers aren't always the ones getting bent over and fucked. Here it is: We need your help to keep the UI system fair for everyone.

You keep letting it go though. You're complicit.

Forum List

Back