What unacknowledged component of loneliness is the most important ?

Libby von H

Platinum Member
Nov 10, 2023
No one asked me or would but I was thinking...

People are first of all alienated from their own self. The inner life of many is a howling wasteland. This applies to lack of morals, in the sense that if you don't have a strong certain view about the sacrednees of unborn life , or the perversion of a Dylan Mulvaney or the wrongness of Pete Buttigieg's 'family', you are bereft of a center about the LOGOS behind all creation. and that makes you lonely as hell. Read the story of Aayan Hirsi Ali's conversion and see. Loneliness starts when you are alone in the dark and you don't like the company.

People are first of all alienated from their own self. The inner life of many is a howling wasteland. This applies to lack of morals, in the sense that if you don't have a strong certain view about the sacrednees of unborn life , or the perversion of a Dylan Mulvaney or the wrongness of Pete Buttigieg's 'family', you are bereft of a center about the LOGOS behind all creation. and that makes you lonely as hell. Read the story of Aayan Hirsi Ali's conversion and see. Loneliness starts when you are alone in the dark and you don't like the company.
I heard that loneliness adversely effects your health, in fact, it is akin to smoking 15 cigs/day.

Well said.

God has forsaken you to insanity

Super judgmental people tend to end up the loneliest of all....

It may be your experience but it is surely most unwise to generalise from just that .
As for your examples:-- Why pick three when there an infinite number of different views you can have about almost a countless number of other things ?

And as for needing the mythical Logos:-
Perhaps picking the three examples that you did is a clue to you constantly needing self confirmation, which becomes a problem if that requirement takes over the way you see the whole of life etc .
That is , looking for a purpose when none exists or needs to .
Perhaps only certain personality types require that coping mechanism . And because it works poorly --- if at all -- you become ill .
imho

Forum List

Back