What To Do With Mr Sterling ?

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
Two elderly white men got in trouble last week for making the sort of comments that people who hate elderly white men expect them to make. This led to outrage (and possibly a sense of relieved vindication) among anti-racist headhunters who sit around all day like bored firemen praying for a blaze to break out somewhere.

Sixty-seven-year-old Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy was filmed on April 19th making the following comments:

I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro….They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?

Many mainstream conservative mouthpieces who’d supported Bundy up until those words spilled from his mouth immediately backtracked and made grand public displays of holding their noses. Sean Hannity called Bundy’s words “beyond repugnant,” and Glenn Beck deemed Bundy “unhinged from reality.”

The Week That Perished - Taki's Magazine

Mr Sterling is clearly racist, just like his brothers at the Naacp

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody who can not prove conclusively and convincingly that he loves everybody else, should be hanged, drawn and quartered.

There must be a law to mandate love for everybody by everybody.

Living examples of people who already conduct their lives, watch their words and act as though such law already existed are Al Sharpton, Lois Farakkhan, Jeremiah Wright, President Obama and Harry Reid.

This is getting into crazyland.

Years ago I was interviewing an abuser who maintained that women should be beaten for what they say. I never in my wildest dreams thought that there would be punishment for what you say. Or even what opinions a person holds.

Now, that we see the consequences that words that were spoken can cause, how far away are we from the time when people will be similarly excoriated, demeaned and bashed for what they think?

Now, that we see the consequences that words that were spoken can cause, how far away are we from the time when people will be similarly excoriated, demeaned and bashed for what they think?

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the inner sanctum of Sterling's attorney.

Perhaps there is a defense for this level of ? arrogance?

Clearly--not a preferred business practice.

I cannot believe that Sterling felt himself to be 'invincible'. Maybe he did.

He was astute --'maybe this will will cause our relationship to break up.' Something sordid is going on---that is all that is clear to me. The girlfriend did not release the tapes---that is difficult to believe.

No one is exempt from personal and social criticism for their words, and when inappropriate speech affects a business community, one can expect financial punishment.

No one is exempt from personal and social criticism for their words, and when inappropriate speech affects a business community, one can expect financial punishment.

Really and truly.

It seems like this would be learned very early.

Maybe he has just lost his mind? A lot of the things he said made very little sense.

Forum List

Back