CDZ What to do about a President who is mentally ill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
May 2016

31-Jan-2017

27-Jan-2017 -- Temperament Tantrum: Some say President Donald Trump's personality isn't just flawed, it's dangerous.
John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who taught psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, minces as few words as the president in his professional assessment of Trump.

"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," says Gartner, author of "In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography." Trump, Gartner says, has "malignant narcissism," which is different from narcissistic personality disorder and which is incurable.

Gartner acknowledges that he has not personally examined Trump, but says it's obvious from Trump's behavior that he meets the diagnostic criteria for the disorder, which include anti-social behavior, sadism, aggressiveness, paranoia and grandiosity. Trump's personality disorder (which includes hypomania) is also displayed through a lack of impulse control and empathy, and "a feeling that people ... don't recognize their greatness.

"We've seen enough public behavior by Donald Trump now that we can make this diagnosis indisputably," says Gartner. His comments run afoul of the so-called Goldwater Rule, the informal term for part of the ethics code of the American Psychiatric Association saying it is wrong to provide a professional opinion of a public figure without examining that person and gaining consent to discuss the evaluation. But Gartner says the Trump case warrants breaking that ethical code.

A Quinnipiac University poll earlier this month, for example, showed that Trump's popularity had dropped, unusually, during the transition, with the president losing ground on matters such as his perceived intelligence, honesty and leadership. In November, 57 percent said Trump is not "level-headed;" the poll by the Connecticut school in January had the not-level-headed number at 62 percent. Further, by a two-to-one margin, Americans said Trump needs to close his Twitter account, which has served as the president's primary way of rallying his base.

"It worked to his advantage but when people are saying they're fed up with it, maybe it's starting to be a minus," says Tim Malloy, assistant director of the poll.

Some of the hypomanic characteristics Gartner says Trump also possesses are also, paradoxically, the very qualities that "made America great," the psychotherapist says. The creativity, confidence and out-of-the-box thinking, is what has driven the nation's most successful entrepreneurs, says Gartner, who has also authored the book "The Hypomanic Edge: The Link Between (A Little) Craziness and (A Lot of) Success in America."
Narcissism, dementia, I don't know. What I know is that the man does not seem in sound mental health. I don't think that's a matter of politics. I think it's an objective matter of his health.

I don't particularly care for Pence in that I don't think I'd agree with a lot of his policies, but I can tell he isn't mentally ill. In fact, I think overall I probably like Trump's proposed policies better than those I suspect Pence would pursue. Even so, I'd sooner Pence be running the country than Trump. Hell, I'd trust the country to a parakeet, or even, notwithstanding how messed up I think they are, that Bannon dude or David Duke would be better than Trump. Trump as President isn't good for him or for anyone else.

Your post shows me that the butt hurt will exert lots of energy and time in search of relief yet alas

It couldn't show you that because it's obvious you didn't take the time to read it and watch the videos. You posted 9 minutes after I created the thread, and the videos alone take that long to watch.

Remarkable

psychologists can now make clinical decisions about someone's mental health by watching them make speeches on television.

Were they also able to determine if he has cancer, diabetes, lupus, arthritis, rheumatism, ingrown toenails, or any of a myriad of other complaints?

Why don't you post this in the FZ where it belongs?
flame zone?

Conspiracy Theories would be a better forum
That works too. Just seems like the purpose is to piss somebody off. Funny thing is, we've just gone through 8 years of temper tantrums and passive aggression from a certifiable malignant narcissist. It's like ignoring the elephant in the room.

The claim that Trump is supposedly mentally ill is just more BS from the left who is desperate to try and make him look bad at all costs. :eusa_liar:

If anybody displayed symptoms of mental illness it's the delusional old bat Nancy Pelosi. You just can't take what she says seriously. :cuckoo:

pbrain.jpg

Last edited:
We do what was done the last 8 years.

The far left voted for Hilary and Obama, proof that they are mentally ill.

The far left hates anything and anyone not part of their religion.

The far left will always deny reality over their religious dogma!

The far left is still running the play book from the 60's..

psychologists can now make clinical decisions about someone's mental health by watching them make speeches on television.

No, they cannot. Dr. Gartner made as much clear in the article. Did you click on the link I provided and read the whole thing? The same thing was alluded to in at least one of the videos. Did you miss that too?

flame zone?

Is the CDZ being abused?

flame zone?

That works too. Just seems like the purpose is to piss somebody off. Funny thing is, we've just gone through 8 years of temper tantrums and passive aggression from a certifiable malignant narcissist. It's like ignoring the elephant in the room.

The claim that Trump is supposedly mentally ill is just more BS from the left who is desperate to try and make him look bad at all costs. :eusa_liar:

If anybody displayed symptoms of mental illness it's the delusional old bat Nancy Pelosi. You just can't take what she says seriously. :cuckoo:

pbrain.jpg

Really?
  • Was not one of you capable of offering substantive commentary that shows the circumstantial information to be circumstantially wrong by dint of it not aligning with the condition Dr. Gartner suspects Trump has?
  • Did you really have nothing to offer besides purely partisan defensive deflection?
That's the limit of your ability to contribute to a serious discussion on the matter?

If any of you had bothered to read the full article, you'd have seen that I left out of the post the commentary from various politicians. That should have been enough for you to see that the aim here is to discuss the physiological correlation between the observed behavior of the POTUS and mental illness. If you really just haven't anything substantive to offer, you could just not post at all. That at least would be polite.

lol another troll thread. Why not discuss how unhinged and silly most of the 'mental health profession' has become, and it's lack of credibility and susceptibility to caving in to political agendas and outright lying in support of such agendas? Only weirdos and the uneducated would take some random 'mental health professional's' 'diagnosis' as anything but yet another quack trying to sell and promote themselves. Those Talking Head gigs are lucrative.

And '320yearsoffakehistory' should just go back to using his old handle.

May 2016

31-Jan-2017

27-Jan-2017 -- Temperament Tantrum: Some say President Donald Trump's personality isn't just flawed, it's dangerous.
John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who taught psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, minces as few words as the president in his professional assessment of Trump.

"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," says Gartner, author of "In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography." Trump, Gartner says, has "malignant narcissism," which is different from narcissistic personality disorder and which is incurable.

Gartner acknowledges that he has not personally examined Trump, but says it's obvious from Trump's behavior that he meets the diagnostic criteria for the disorder, which include anti-social behavior, sadism, aggressiveness, paranoia and grandiosity. Trump's personality disorder (which includes hypomania) is also displayed through a lack of impulse control and empathy, and "a feeling that people ... don't recognize their greatness.

"We've seen enough public behavior by Donald Trump now that we can make this diagnosis indisputably," says Gartner. His comments run afoul of the so-called Goldwater Rule, the informal term for part of the ethics code of the American Psychiatric Association saying it is wrong to provide a professional opinion of a public figure without examining that person and gaining consent to discuss the evaluation. But Gartner says the Trump case warrants breaking that ethical code.

A Quinnipiac University poll earlier this month, for example, showed that Trump's popularity had dropped, unusually, during the transition, with the president losing ground on matters such as his perceived intelligence, honesty and leadership. In November, 57 percent said Trump is not "level-headed;" the poll by the Connecticut school in January had the not-level-headed number at 62 percent. Further, by a two-to-one margin, Americans said Trump needs to close his Twitter account, which has served as the president's primary way of rallying his base.

"It worked to his advantage but when people are saying they're fed up with it, maybe it's starting to be a minus," says Tim Malloy, assistant director of the poll.

Some of the hypomanic characteristics Gartner says Trump also possesses are also, paradoxically, the very qualities that "made America great," the psychotherapist says. The creativity, confidence and out-of-the-box thinking, is what has driven the nation's most successful entrepreneurs, says Gartner, who has also authored the book "The Hypomanic Edge: The Link Between (A Little) Craziness and (A Lot of) Success in America."
Narcissism, dementia, I don't know. What I know is that the man does not seem in sound mental health. I don't think that's a matter of politics. I think it's an objective matter of his health.

I don't particularly care for Pence in that I don't think I'd agree with a lot of his policies, but I can tell he isn't mentally ill. In fact, I think overall I probably like Trump's proposed policies better than those I suspect Pence would pursue. Even so, I'd sooner Pence be running the country than Trump. Hell, I'd trust the country to a parakeet, or even, notwithstanding how messed up I think they are, that Bannon dude or David Duke would be better than Trump. Trump as President isn't good for him or for anyone else.

How is this thread even allowed in the "clean debate zone."

I wonder if his cult will still support him when they see the mushroom cloud over DC? The man is totally mentally ill and Bannon is using him to take the US government down. Putin planted the orange clown.

May 2016

31-Jan-2017

How is this thread even allowed in the "clean debate zone."

Because it is FACT.

He put it in the CDZ hoping he could get a good smear job in without getting what he deserves.

But since we are here ...the left defines insanity as disagreement with them. I heard a global warmer professor this morning talk about we can't move forward until they break Trump.

You want to study mental illness? Grab a lefty and have a field day.

I am not so sure psychiatrists and psychologists are right about Mr. Trump.
They can make mistakes.
At the end neither psychiatry nor psychology are exact sciences :)
And last but not least Trump ruled a business empire for many year. If he's mentally insane how was that possible? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back