• Math

• Physics

• other sciences

• Arts

• Sports

• still others

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.
(1) I liked English, history, and Spanish.

(2) I disliked/hated/feared algebra and physics -- because I was too stupid to learn them.

High school classes I liked were math, sciences, civics, economics but my favorite was computer programming in Basic. Back then in 1972 the computer was located some 20 miles away in Cleveland, and we used a Teletype machine to transmit our program and receive feedback. 4 years later I was a Cobol programmer with a starting salary of $10,800 at Nationwide Insurance's home office which was pretty good money back then as I bought my first brand new car for $2700.
1709548583564.png

i liked ….. these ….

I don't think I liked school at all.

I preferred some subjects to others, but I don't think I liked any of them. Maybe I liked sport, when I was playing a sport I wanted to play.

I think I could have liked things, had I had the help needed, but I didn't.

computer programming in Basic. Back then in 1972 the computer was located some 20 miles away in Cleveland, and we used a Teletype machine to transmit our program and receive feedback. 4 years later I was
Ah, life. Interesting in that you're apparently a couple of years older, yet that was about 1969-70 for me. 4 years later I was still in high school and would prefer death to programming in Cobol. Went on to college but eventually realized that I simply wasn't cut out to work for the man indoors. Hard knocks or bust, baby! Now I'm retired, all busted up, and soon to be an extremely proud grandpa.

Forum List

Back