What should happen to U..-born children of illegal aliens getting deported?

People who sneak into our country to pop-out a puppy or two or three or ten, either in the course of life in the shadows, or as part of a birthing-vacation, deserve all the brickbats that legitimate citizens care to throw...

Political correctness and world-without-borders-cultural-suicide types and hurt feelings and sensitivities and all the touchy-feely in the world be damned.[/SIZE]

And do completely innocent babies - US citizens - deserve brickbats and childish name-calling? Do you use terminology like "spawn" and "popping out a puppy or two" when other US citizens are born? If you don't like the current legal status of people born in the US then get to work on a Constitutional Amendment or try to find a way for the Supreme Court to review its well-established position on the issue. In the meantime, don't hurl abuse at innocent babies who ARE US citizens. Illegal immigration is a problem we should do more to prevent, and illegal immigrants deserve deportation, but if you are going to insult my fellow US citizens - and helpless babies at that - then fuck you, YOU don't deserve to live here.

Personally, the kids should be deported with the parents.

A law needs to be put into place that would strip these children of their ill-gotten citizenship.

And no, I don't give a rat's patoot about any of your heart-tugging reasons. What is it about the word "Illegal" don't you understand?

:clap2:
Stop making people automatic citizens if their parents are illegal. Fuck 'em, tell them to take it up with their criminal parents who didn't come here the right way.

Stop making people automatic citizens if their parents are illegal. Fuck 'em, tell them to take it up with their criminal parents who didn't come here the right way.

That's all well and good, but there is that little matter of the US Constitution...

Send the kids with the parents.

I suggest a slightly different course: Ask the parents what their plans are for their 3- or 4-year-old U.S.-born children. If the parents can't come up with a viable, safe, legal plan for their own children, inform them that the children will be placed with them (parents) until they do, all the way back to their home country if necessary, since the children are THEIR responsibility.

Probably the best of a raft of bad options. If they can be placed with relatives who are US citizens, that may be better than deportation.

If the children do end up deported with their parents due to not having any US relatives, I do not believe their citizenship should be revoked. They should be able to claim it upon reaching the age of majority.

Send the kids with the parents.

I suggest a slightly different course: Ask the parents what their plans are for their 3- or 4-year-old U.S.-born children. If the parents can't come up with a viable, safe, legal plan for their own children, inform them that the children will be placed with them (parents) until they do, all the way back to their home country if necessary, since the children are THEIR responsibility.

Probably the best of a raft of bad options. If they can be placed with relatives who are US citizens, that may be better than deportation.

If the children do end up deported with their parents due to not having any US relatives, I do not believe their citizenship should be revoked. They should be able to claim it upon reaching the age of majority.

But then how do you legally justify deporting a US citizen?

It is not a deportation of US citizens. It is allowing parents to keep custody of their children.

A citizen cannot be deported for such reasons and should not be made to give up its home of birth.

The welfare of the child comes first, thus the parents are given legal extension until the child is 18.

It is not a deportation of US citizens. It is allowing parents to keep custody of their children.

YOU said: "If the children do end up deported with their parents due to not having any US relatives,"

Personally, the kids should be deported with the parents.

A law needs to be put into place that would strip these children of their ill-gotten citizenship.

And no, I don't give a rat's patoot about any of your heart-tugging reasons. What is it about the word "Illegal" don't you understand?

Sounds like shredding the Constitution to me.

What part of "All citizens born or naturalized in the United States..." don't you understand?
The Fourteenth Amendment was originally intended to ensure that former slaves were considered full-fledged citizens of the United States.

The framers of that Amendment, and those in Congress and in the Ratifying States that voted for it, did not foresee that it would be interpreted and cynically used more than a century later by waves of millions of invaders, to the very great detriment of the Republic.

A great many people are hoping to see a 'clarification' of that verbiage on the Constitutional level which removes this Loophole so that it can no longer be used against the interests of the United States and its People.

That is an honorable and highly desirable goal.

The Constitution is a 'living, breathing, change-able' thing.

Sometimes change comes through Amendment.

Sometimes change comes through rulings by the Supreme Court, as time passes, and perspectives and formerly-acceptable interpretations continue to evolve.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back