What Schiff Is Doing

Ya gotta love these "both siders". We see that every time the GOP screws up so bad they can't deny it

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell."

That's the Republican strategy. They know Trump is guilty as hell, and so all they can do is put on a clown show and pound the table.

Judge Napolitano Schools ‘Fox & Friends’ on Impeachment

After Republican members of the House literally stormed the gates of the impeachment hearings on Wednesday, Judge Andrew Napolitano stopped by Fox & Friends Thursday morning to deliver a harsh wake-up call: Democrats are just “following the rules”—rules written by Republicans.

“I read the House rules,” Napolitano said. “And as frustrating as it may be to have these hearings going on behind closed doors—the hearings over which Congressman Schiff is presiding—they are consistent with the rules.

“They can make up any rules they want?!” Brian Kilmeade replied.

Speaking more slowly, Napolitano told him, “Well, they can’t change the rules, they follow the rules.” He went to explain that those rules were last written in January 2015 when Republicans held the majority and the Speaker of the House was John Boehner.

“The rules say that this level of inquiry, this initial level of inquiry, can be done in secret,” Napolitano said, effectively dismantling the primary talking point of both Fox News and the Trump White House. “Secret evidence doesn’t work in this world, so eventually there will be a public presentation of this,” he added, “at which lawyers for the president can cross-examine these people and challenge them.”

D'oh! The Republicans have just been hoisted by their own petard! :lol:

Boom

And the rules are NOT specific to Impeachment

Mea culpa, I mixed you up with someone else. I stand by my comment that you have no clue as to how an investigation is conducted.

You claim you used to be in LE and yet you’re consistently clueless about the law. Impeachment hearings are supposed to be in the open. Two words for you. “selective leaking”

Penal, Welfare & Institutions, Health & Safety, Business and Professions are the Codes I'm most familiar with. I never investigated a public official or was involved in an impeachment inquiry.

Likely you too have never been so involved. Since COTUS does not provide a process, it's up to the H. of Rep. to set up the rules.

So you don’t believe an impeachment process should be handled in the open? Seriously? But the Brett Kavanaugh defamation should be?

Apples and Appalachia ^^^

The impeachment process will be in the open, the investigation is not open to the public. Kavanaugh's behavior during his confirmation hearing was both partisan and despicable; totally inappropriate for a judge - or anyone - seeking a seat on the Supreme Court.
He was falsely accused, something that came out afterwards. He said he and his family would pray for the deranged Blasey Ford. What was so despicable about that?
Video shows Christine Blasey Ford's attorney say her Kavanaugh accusations aimed to defend Roe v Wade

You live in a fantasy world and you’re very weak mentally. Pathetic.

He was not falsely accused. The Republicans swept it under the rug as the FBI was not allowed to do a thorough investigation. There is some evidence that Kavanaugh may have lied to Congress. You had a bunch of white men determined to get him through.

You are the one who lives on fantasy island and you are a no wit. Pathetic.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell."

That's the Republican strategy. They know Trump is guilty as hell, and so all they can do is put on a clown show and pound the table.

The Democrats are following the rules the way the Republicans wrote them in 2015. The Republicans changed the rules and now they are being hoist by their own petard. :lol:

Kavanaugh's behavior during his confirmation hearing was both partisan and despicable; totally inappropriate for a judge - or anyone - seeking a seat on the Supreme Court.

How should a man behave during a hearing where people are trying to destroy his life and his reputation?

Under the circumstances and situation faced, any behavior would have been understandable in my view.

He should act like a sitting judge since that was what he was. His conduct was deplorable.

Last edited:
You claim you used to be in LE and yet you’re consistently clueless about the law. Impeachment hearings are supposed to be in the open. Two words for you. “selective leaking”

Penal, Welfare & Institutions, Health & Safety, Business and Professions are the Codes I'm most familiar with. I never investigated a public official or was involved in an impeachment inquiry.

Likely you too have never been so involved. Since COTUS does not provide a process, it's up to the H. of Rep. to set up the rules.

So you don’t believe an impeachment process should be handled in the open? Seriously? But the Brett Kavanaugh defamation should be?

Apples and Appalachia ^^^

The impeachment process will be in the open, the investigation is not open to the public. Kavanaugh's behavior during his confirmation hearing was both partisan and despicable; totally inappropriate for a judge - or anyone - seeking a seat on the Supreme Court.
He was falsely accused, something that came out afterwards. He said he and his family would pray for the deranged Blasey Ford. What was so despicable about that?
Video shows Christine Blasey Ford's attorney say her Kavanaugh accusations aimed to defend Roe v Wade

You live in a fantasy world and you’re very weak mentally. Pathetic.

He was not falsely accused. The Republicans swept it under the rug as the FBI was not allowed to do a thorough investigation. There is some evidence that Kavanaugh may have lied to Congress. You had a bunch of white men determined to get him through.

You are the one who lives on fantasy island and you are a no wit. Pathetic.

So being a white man is bad now? Wrong. There was zero evidence. In a court of law it would have been thrown out. I am not even a Kavanaugh fan, I believe the SC should be liberal but that was a railroading. Just insane.

Put one of Trump's sons in Hunter Biden's shoes.

biden-nepotism.jpg

The Democrats are following the rules the way the Republicans wrote them in 2015. The Republicans changed the rules and now they are being hoist by their own petard. :lol:

Again, I don't belong to either party. Over 60mil voted for DJT. Why are we having closed door hearings? These are public officials.

Again, I don't belong to either party. Over 60mil voted for DJT. Why are we having closed door hearings? These are public officials.

It has been explained several dozen times why. I can't help it if it didn't penetrate your skull.

Kavanaugh's behavior during his confirmation hearing was both partisan and despicable; totally inappropriate for a judge - or anyone - seeking a seat on the Supreme Court.

How should a man behave during a hearing where people are trying to destroy his life and his reputation?

Under the circumstances and situation faced, any behavior would have been understandable in my view.

H4e should act like a sitting judge since that was what he was. His conduct was deplorable.

Kav wouldn't be a sitting judge today, his life would have been in ruins , if he hadn't fought back. You would have done the same to save your career and your family.

And now, a flashback:

Will Closed-Door Benghazi Hearings Keep the Circus Away?

Trey Gowdy: "I can get more information in a five-hour deposition than I can in five minutes of listening to a colleague ask questions in committee hearings," Gowdy said. "If it's about getting the information, then you want to use the investigatory tool that is most calculated and gets you the most amount of information and that's not five minutes in a committee hearing."

Like I said, it is hilarious watching the Republicans pounding on the outside of the closed doors they themselves locked from the inside just a few short years ago.

There is nothing stopping the Senate from holding open hearings into Trump's crimes.

So let the Republicans hold open hearings in the Senate.

The Republican Senate had open hearings while Trey Gowdy was holding secret closed door hearings in the House.

Why not now?

There's a GIANT clue you people are being hoaxed. There's a giant clue the LAST thing the Republicans want is sunshine on Trump's crimes.

Wakey wakey! :lol:

H4e should act like a sitting judge since that was what he was. His conduct was deplorable.

Kav wouldn't be a sitting judge today, his life would have been in ruins , if he hadn't fought back. You would have done the same to save your career and your family.
I wouldn't have cried like a bitch.

I wouldn't have cried like a bitch.

Its showed his sensitivity. Modern broads like that.

President Hillary will have Trump's mouth sown shut and his twitter account shut down when she becomes president!

When will that horrible day come, and when did presidents get the power to unilaterally trash the first amendment? Sounds like a country I don’t want to live in. Tell you what, let’s all work together to make sure that never happens and Hillary stays retired and throwing things at Bubba.

It has been explained several dozen times why. I can't help it if it didn't penetrate your skull.

I am saying it needs to change.

Are you drunk again???
Yes blindboo and his Dem pals are lying their asses off.
Schiff should resign in disgrace.

Whatever "human scum" Mock Lyin' says the opposite is true.

Human scum? Stop talking about yourself like that. You're a stupid little man.

I'm very presidential, you "human scum" little sissy!

You called me out first little man.

LIAR!

Forum List

Back