What right does he have to demand I lose my rights?

[

Apples and Oranges.

Japan and the US are completely different cultural systems. You generally don't see high murder rates from anything. Knives, Blunt Objects, anything.

They simply don't kill each other in Japan. It's an extremely homogenous society.

Again, you look around, and see Norway, with the 11th highest gun ownership in the world, and 8th lowest murder rate in the world.

How do you explain that?

Homogenous society with a strong moral code. Just like Japan. Nothing to do with guns, or gun control.

Have you watched Japanese movies? They are vastly more violent than ours.

And if you want to talk about Norway, NOrway has restrictive gun ownership laws and there is no "right" to own a gun.

Second, when you say someone was crazy, you say that retrospectively. We know he's crazy now, but that doesn't mean anyone knew before hand.

The idea that "they should know!" is a statement by someone who has never dealt with these people. You don't know. They can talk, act, respond completely rationally. Go to the mental health facilities. They'll tell you. These people can be completely fine for months on end, and then something freaks them out, and they go loony.

except that we find out that everyone in that person's life said things like, "Yeah, he was loony" and "Geezus, they let that guy buy a gun?"

Where you people get the idea that the FBI doing a back ground check, or the cashier at the gun should should magically know 'this guy is nutz'. You are wrong.

And honestly, we've tried it your way. We've tried banning guns in Aussie land, and the UK. What did that get us? Higher crime rates, higher murder rates, black market guns all over the place.

Did you know that right now, it is cheaper to get a semi-auto pistol in Australia, than in the US? You can buy a black market gun for as little as $100. The cheapest retail fire arm, last I checked was $200.

And you think you can ban guns, and lower crime? It's not happening. Ban alcohol again, and see how well that works.

actually Australia and the UK are what I'd consider successes. They have very low murder rates, which dropped after guns were banned. YOu really need to stop reading National Rampage Association Propaganda.

[

Apples and Oranges.

Japan and the US are completely different cultural systems. You generally don't see high murder rates from anything. Knives, Blunt Objects, anything.

They simply don't kill each other in Japan. It's an extremely homogenous society.

Again, you look around, and see Norway, with the 11th highest gun ownership in the world, and 8th lowest murder rate in the world.

How do you explain that?

Homogenous society with a strong moral code. Just like Japan. Nothing to do with guns, or gun control.

And if you want to talk about Norway, NOrway has restrictive gun ownership laws and there is no "right" to own a gun.

Second, when you say someone was crazy, you say that retrospectively. We know he's crazy now, but that doesn't mean anyone knew before hand.

The idea that "they should know!" is a statement by someone who has never dealt with these people. You don't know. They can talk, act, respond completely rationally. Go to the mental health facilities. They'll tell you. These people can be completely fine for months on end, and then something freaks them out, and they go loony.

except that we find out that everyone in that person's life said things like, "Yeah, he was loony" and "Geezus, they let that guy buy a gun?"

Where you people get the idea that the FBI doing a back ground check, or the cashier at the gun should should magically know 'this guy is nutz'. You are wrong.

And honestly, we've tried it your way. We've tried banning guns in Aussie land, and the UK. What did that get us? Higher crime rates, higher murder rates, black market guns all over the place.

Did you know that right now, it is cheaper to get a semi-auto pistol in Australia, than in the US? You can buy a black market gun for as little as $100. The cheapest retail fire arm, last I checked was $200.

And you think you can ban guns, and lower crime? It's not happening. Ban alcohol again, and see how well that works.

actually Australia and the UK are what I'd consider successes. They have very low murder rates, which dropped after guns were banned. YOu really need to stop reading National Rampage Association Propaganda.

The whole Norway/gun ownership policy is a thing of the past.

RetiredGySgt, you have every right to be an asshole, you prove that often, what you don't have a right to is the creation of a society in which guns idiocy means death for other innocent people. If all you insecure wacko gun huggers killed each other that would be one thing, but you assholes have created a place where death is a visit to the local movie or store.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...e-gun-control-convince-me-18.html#post7770092

Playing With Death ? The New Inquiry

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/305795-i-watch-piers-morgan-live.html#post7624690

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/is-the-n-r-a-un-american/

Study: 20 young people a day hospitalized for gun injuries

How the NRA Rewrote the Second Amendment - Michael Waldman - POLITICO Magazine

Guns are the crack of the partisan hacks. Courage is an imaginary passion for them and thus the gun huggers cling to the source of their only strength, an empty bravado. They are like a child with its blankee who cries when separated. Drugs, even when they are hard metal talismans of courage are not something the frightened can part with. They have come to represent freedom for the unfree, teetered as they are to the gun lobby and the NRA, and a gross misrepresentation of the 2nd amendment. They need their fix and their fix is an object of imaginary security, an object that gives meaning to a senselessness that only programmed Americans can believe is real. Oh and I laugh that the NRA removed the word 'militia' from their retard headquarters misuse of the second.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

[

Apples and Oranges.

How do you explain that?

You are going to make a broad sweeping judgement of an entire culture based on movies.... and think you make a point.

Which changes what? They have a high per capita gun ownership level do they not? Is that not true?

You missed the whole point. Yes, the people who were around those loony people their whole lives, sure of course they knew. I knew that crack pot where I worked was nuts.... but only because I was around him for months on end.

Are you suggesting that every government official has been around every loony person, for months on end, and agreed to let them have guns?

Are you suggesting the gun dealer at the store, was around the loony for months on end, and agreed to let them have a gun?

No obviously not. What are we going to do now? Just have random people allowed to determine what fundamental rights others have? So I can just say "oh that nut job JoeB shouldn't have a gun" and that's how we prevent people from getting guns?

And by the way, you are not even correct. Quite a few of the people that went on shooting sprees, people didn't expect it.

No, they didn't drop after they were banned. You are wrong!

In fact, they dropping before the ban, and started increasing after the ban. You really need to stop reading left-wing propaganda, and actually know something about what you are talking about, before you make yourself look absolutely stupid on an internet forum.

Last edited:
RetiredGySgt, you have every right to be an asshole, you prove that often, what you don't have a right to is the creation of a society in which guns idiocy means death for other innocent people. If all you insecure wacko gun huggers killed each other that would be one thing, but you assholes have created a place where death is a visit to the local movie or store.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...e-gun-control-convince-me-18.html#post7770092

Playing With Death ? The New Inquiry

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/305795-i-watch-piers-morgan-live.html#post7624690

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/is-the-n-r-a-un-american/

Study: 20 young people a day hospitalized for gun injuries

How the NRA Rewrote the Second Amendment - Michael Waldman - POLITICO Magazine

Guns are the crack of the partisan hacks. Courage is an imaginary passion for them and thus the gun huggers cling to the source of their only strength, an empty bravado. They are like a child with its blankee who cries when separated. Drugs, even when they are hard metal talismans of courage are not something the frightened can part with. They have come to represent freedom for the unfree, teetered as they are to the gun lobby and the NRA, and a gross misrepresentation of the 2nd amendment. They need their fix and their fix is an object of imaginary security, an object that gives meaning to a senselessness that only programmed Americans can believe is real. Oh and I laugh that the NRA removed the word 'militia' from their retard headquarters misuse of the second.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

Yeah, I'm not going to fool with this. You have to make a case for each of those claims, not just spam partisan ideological crap all over the place, and demand everyone else deny what you haven't proven yet.

Forum List

Back