What Republicans are doing to Wisconsin is a warning sign to all Americans

She's already decided on the case without ever seeing it, the evidence, or anything else. She has no business on the Court if she cannot even stick to the basics. Not that a foreign hack would understand American jurisprudence. Probably best you stick to sheep and adding extra letters to already incomprehensible words like a good little Welshman.
I thought that you were describing the discredited supreme court.. Where the judges are bought and paid for.

The state’s so gerrymandered that Republicans can lose the popular vote and win supermajorities. Now they want to impeach a liberal justice before she’s ruled on a single case

Time and time again we see the GOP war on black voters in action. In Alabama and other southern states the gerrymandering is in full swing and denying black communities from electing the reps that they want.

I do wonder if it would not be easier to craft policies that appeal to black people rather than crush them under the iron boot.

But that really misses the point doesnt it ?
Here's the macro picture here: These people figure they have "lost the country". The percentage of whites is in decline, and they know that they'll be in the minority in a couple of decades. They also think that Satan is in control of many things.

Stick with me here, I'm not kidding. I'm just saying what I'm seeing them say.

So they look at this moment as their last chance. They're going to do absolutely everything they can to turn this country into minority rule, and they have their God-given King ready to go. We're watching their last desperate shot at saving America from the Devil Himself.

Will it work? I guess it could if they can control enough courts and gerrymander enough areas. We'll see.

The state’s so gerrymandered that Republicans can lose the popular vote and win supermajorities. Now they want to impeach a liberal justice before she’s ruled on a single case

Time and time again we see the GOP war on black voters in action. In Alabama and other southern states the gerrymandering is in full swing and denying black communities from electing the reps that they want.

I do wonder if it would not be easier to craft policies that appeal to black people rather than crush them under the iron boot.

Oh, but arresting a former president for non-crimes is perfectly OK with you?

What a sleazy scumbag.

When Dems stop 'harvesting ballots' then you can complain about gerrymandering. :eusa_hand:

After all the Election fraud in 2020 in WI....Just this week? The mealy-mouthed State Reps voted to keep on the Elections director. Everywhere you had stolen 2020 you have Uni-Party in full control. Country is finished for decades w/o massive revolt.

Here's the macro picture here: These people figure they have "lost the country". The percentage of whites is in decline, and they know that they'll be in the minority in a couple of decades. They also think that Satan is in control of many things.

Stick with me here, I'm not kidding. I'm just saying what I'm seeing them say.

So they look at this moment as their last chance. They're going to do absolutely everything they can to turn this country into minority rule, and they have their God-given King ready to go. We're watching their last desperate shot at saving America from the Devil Himself.

Will it work? I guess it could if they can control enough courts and gerrymander enough areas. We'll see.
There are 2 things that perhaps politicians hsould not control involved in this story.
Appointing judges. The justice system is over politicised.
Electoral districts - the temptaion is always there.

But American politicians even control military appointments. Its borderline banana republic. When a clown like Tommy Tuberville can hold up the whole US army on an unrelated crusade it shows that things have to change.

There are 2 things that perhaps politicians hsould not control involved in this story.
Appointing judges. The justice system is over politicised.
Electoral districts - the temptaion is always there.

But American politicians even control military appointments. Its borderline banana republic. When a clown like Tommy Tuberville can hold up the whole US army on an unrelated crusade it shows that things have to change.
There are several elements of our political/electoral system that we could change that would DRAMATICALLY alter the behaviors of these thugs, virtually overnight. Two problems: First, they themselves would have to be honorable enough to pass them, and they are not. And secondly, the American populace has to put its foot down and say "enough is enough", and we just don't care enough.

Right now, our system is geared to incentivize and reward the very worst impulses of its participants, and those impulses are just getting worse by the day.

I don't know what fixes this.

There are several elements of our political/electoral system that we could change that would DRAMATICALLY alter the behaviors of these thugs, virtually overnight. Two problems: First, they themselves would have to be honorable enough to pass them, and they are not. And secondly, the American populace has to put its foot down and say "enough is enough", and we just don't care enough.

Right now, our system is geared to incentivize and reward the very worst impulses of its participants, and those impulses are just getting worse by the day.

Its money isnt it ?
When they impeached Biden MTG said that it was what the donors wanted.

Its getting that way over here. Donors who traditionally backed the tories are switching to labour. Means we will struggle to make any changes that they dont like.

Its money isnt it ?
When they impeached Biden MTG said that it was what the donors wanted.

Its getting that way over here. Donors who traditionally backed the tories are switching to labour. Means we will struggle to make any changes that they dont like.
Yeah, money plays a huge role. And part of that is that we don't have term limits for Congress, so these thugs are constantly on the hunt for cash and are doling out favors like candy on Halloween. And there's no way these people are going to voluntarily accept term limits. They just LOVE their cushy gubmit jobs.

One of the best of those “several political / electoral“ reforms that could “DRAMATICALLY alter” the “incentives” that “reward the very worst impulses” of politicians to take positions appealing only to fanatics in their party base is … RANKED CHOICE VOTING.

I agree many incumbent professional politicians will oppose this, but many others already see its advantages for use in both primaries and elections. Grass roots movements for this electoral reform have already had success in many cities and several states, where concerned nonpartisan citizens have done the hard work to put referendums on the ballot.

I believe if a fraction of the effort that people spend on supporting their own party-partisan candidates went into this effort to introduce RCV widely, the results would be much better for our country, nation and democratic-republican form of government.

I am a long-time contributor to the main grass roots lobbying organization for RCV …

Their regular reports and updates are most easily found here:

www.Fairvote.org

Last edited:

No, moron....the democrats also gerrymander when they get the power...the Republicans are doing the same fucking thing the democrats do....the democrats got rid of two republicans gerrymandering here in Illinois.....was that racism, You dumb ass?

One of the best of those “several political / electoral “ reforms that could “DRAMATICALLY alter” the “incentives” that “reward the very worst impulses” of politicians to take positions appealing only to fanatics in their party base … is RANKED CHOICE VOTING.

I agree many incumbent professional politicians will oppose this, but many others already see its advantages for use in both primaries and elections. Grass roots movements for this electoral reform have already had success in many cities and several states, where concerned nonpartisan citizens have done the hard work to put referendums on the ballot.

I believe if a fraction of the effort that people spend on supporting their own party-partisan candidates went into this effort to introduce RCV widely, the results would be much better for our country, nation and democratic-republican form of government.

I am a long-time contributor to the main grass roots lobbying organization for RCV …

www.Fairvote.org
Absolutely. RCV, publicly-funded elections, term limits, bipartisan redistricting... We would see immediate changes.

The question is whether groups like Fair Vote and the Forward Party can gain some ground before the loons take us down with their egos and their rhetoric and their actions. I remain very hopeful, but...

Absolutely. RCV, publicly-funded elections, term limits, bipartisan redistricting... We would see immediate changes.

The question is whether groups like Fair Vote and the Forward Party can gain some ground before the loons take us down with their egos and their rhetoric and their actions. I remain very hopeful, but...
You're one of the loons, Mac. So-called "bipartisan redistricting" will never happen. Neither will term limits, and what the fuck is RCV? Fuck government funded elections.

Forum List

Back