What Republicans are doing to Wisconsin is a warning sign to all Americans

The state’s so gerrymandered that Republicans can lose the popular vote and win supermajorities. Now they want to impeach a liberal justice before she’s ruled on a single case

Time and time again we see the GOP war on black voters in action. In Alabama and other southern states the gerrymandering is in full swing and denying black communities from electing the reps that they want.

I do wonder if it would not be easier to craft policies that appeal to black people rather than crush them under the iron boot.

But that really misses the point doesnt it ?
We've had over six years of warnings about the left taking democracy away and abusing their powers to go after political enemies, even wanting them to be taken off the ballot without any convictions of any kind.

… and what the fuck is RCV?
I have you on “ignore,” but I saw this query, so for the sake of others I will explain:

One of the best best political/electoral reforms to end incentives that reward politicians for taking positions appealing only to fanatics in their party base is … RANKED CHOICE VOTING [RCV]. I agree many incumbent professional politicians will oppose this, but many others already see its advantages for use in both primaries and elections. Grass roots movements for this electoral reform have already had success in many cities and several states, where concerned nonpartisan citizens have done the hard work to put referendums on the ballot.

I believe if a fraction of the effort that people spend on supporting their own party-partisan candidates went into this effort to introduce RCV widely, the results would be much better for our country, nation and democratic-republican form of government.

I am a long-time contributor to the main grass roots lobbying organization for RCV:

Their regular reports and updates are most easily found here:

www.Fairvote.org

The state’s so gerrymandered that Republicans can lose the popular vote and win supermajorities. Now they want to impeach a liberal justice before she’s ruled on a single case

Time and time again we see the GOP war on black voters in action. In Alabama and other southern states the gerrymandering is in full swing and denying black communities from electing the reps that they want.

I do wonder if it would not be easier to craft policies that appeal to black people rather than crush them under the iron boot.

You cry like a little girl

1694720440877.png

In this case it's a war on majority rule. I don't think they're going to get away with the impeachment. But it's telling they are even trying to undermine democracy right out in the open.
You have a party that is not committed to the democratic process as evidenced by J6.
When you get that much in the gutter than anything is possible.

Perhaps blacks should stop killing each other and aborting future generations, then they might become more than 13% of the population. BTW if you think the blue States don't gerrymander their districts, you're just lying to yourself.

You have a party that is not committed to the democratic process as evidenced by J6.
America has always been Mom, apple pie, and dirty politics. Let them draw, until they run out of ink. The lines will be fought over, it's guaranteed.

But that really misses the point doesnt [sic] it ?

You do not even know what gerrymandering is, how it works, or what its effects and limitations are. This is a uniquely-American issue, and not one hat even an intelligent Brit would have any chance of properly understanding, much less a bottom-of-the-line Welsh ignoramus such as yourself.

Much more so even than in most cases where you ignorantly stick your nose in America's business where it has no legitimate cause to be, and presume to tell us how to run our country (even though, by your own repeated admission, you British cannot even govern your own country); her you are showing the world just how extreme your ignorance is.

Worry about the degenerate, ungovernable shithole in which you live, and just keep your filthy British nose out of America's business.

You do not even know what gerrymandering is, how it works, or what its effects and limitations are. This is a uniquely-American issue, and not one hat even an intelligent Brit would have any chance of properly understanding, much less a bottom-of-the-line Welsh ignoramus such as yourself.

Much more so even than in most cases where you ignorantly stick your nose in America's business where it has no legitimate cause to be, and presume to tell us how to run our country (even though, by your own repeated admission, you British cannot even govern your own country); her you are showing the world just how extreme your ignorance is.

Worry about the degenerate, ungovernable shithole in which you live, and just keep your filthy British nose out of America's business.
I understand it very well dopey. Thats what pisses you off.

Yeah, the next thing you know, Tommy...they'd be paying people to smear the opposing candidate with fake dossiers..or censoring opposition speech on social media platforms...or even using their control of the DOJ to go after the opposing candidate with frivilous lawsuits that tie him up and keep him from campaigning! Oh wait...that wasn't the Republicans! That the Democrats, Tommy? Gee, maybe you might want to think about some of these posts before you post them?

You assume all Blacks are democrats.

Forum List

Back