What percentage of Palestinians are terrorists?

Since there is no international law defining terrorism it is mostly political name calling.

Pretty sure there is an international law against stabbing non-combatant civilians.
Indeed, but Israeli settlers are not considered protected persons (civilians) by the Fourth Geneva Convention.

But they ARE considered human and international human rights law, including those protecting the right to life and to prohibit genocide, most certainly DO apply to them.

And its disgusting to suggest otherwise.

Since there is no international law defining terrorism it is mostly political name calling.

Pretty sure there is an international law against stabbing non-combatant civilians.
Indeed, but Israeli settlers are not considered protected persons (civilians) by the Fourth Geneva Convention.

But they ARE considered human and international human rights law, including those protecting the right to life and to prohibit genocide, most certainly DO apply to them.

Deflection.

Not all humans are protected persons. Settlers are an integral part of colonization/occupation. They are a part of that structure.

Indeed, but they do have a right to self defense from attacks by your Islamic terrorist heroes. So then, let’s not have your whining and moaning when the IDF takes steps to eliminate the threat to Israeli citizens.

Bullshit.
True. Look it up.

Link?

Deflection.

Not all humans are protected persons. Settlers are an integral part of colonization/occupation. They are a part of that structure.

Indeed, are Arabs-Moslems who put Islamic terrorists into governance thus an integral part of that terrorist organization?

Indeed, but they do have a right to self defense from attacks by your Islamic terrorist heroes. So then, let’s not have your whining and moaning when the IDF takes steps to eliminate the threat to Israeli citizens.
Link?

Link?
You want a link to your whining and moaning.?

Bullshit.
True. Look it up.

Link?
Why do you post here when you know so little?

Even when the definition of protected persons is set out in this way, it may seem rather complicated. Nevertheless, disregarding points of detail, it will be seen that there are two main classes of protected person: (1) ' enemy nationals ' within the national territory of each of the Parties to the conflict and (2) ' the whole population ' of occupied territories (excluding nationals of the Occupying Power).

Treaties, States parties, and Commentaries - By topic
/COM/380-600007?OpenDocument

It's not my fault every palestinian I've ever heard of blew himself up in a crowd. Maybe when they're known for building a better can opener or something, they might focus more on that that wiping out the jews.

I have done some searching and I can not seem to come up with anything solid. I keep reading posts which indicate that all Palestinians are terrorists. While I'm quite sure that this can't be true, I would love to know how we are defining terrorists when it comes to the Palestinians and what percentage of the population meets that criteria.

Thanks for any help.

100% of no population are combatants. However, in the case of both Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, attacks on Israeli civilians are inspired and supported by the government. Perpetrators of suicide attacks are revered as martyrs by the Palestinian leadership and their families supported financially.

That makes the Palestinian leadership a terrorist organization by any definition.

Support for use of knives in the current confrontations with Israel drops from 67% three months ago to 58% in this poll. Support for knifing attacks in the Gaza Strip stands at 82% and in the West Bank at 44%. Three months ago, support among West Bankers for knifing attacks stood at 57% and among Gazans at 85%.
Thank-you, interesting, I am not sure how that equates, however, to actual terrorism. I hope you're not suggesting that 58% of Palestinians are terrorists, are you?

Are you including the illegal settlers as non-combatant civilians?

:clap2:But darn you, PFT, I was wondering if a zionist was going to point that out. Not that I was holding my breath.

Support for use of knives in the current confrontations with Israel drops from 67% three months ago to 58% in this poll. Support for knifing attacks in the Gaza Strip stands at 82% and in the West Bank at 44%. Three months ago, support among West Bankers for knifing attacks stood at 57% and among Gazans at 85%.
Thank-you, interesting, I am not sure how that equates, however, to actual terrorism. I hope you're not suggesting that 58% of Palestinians are terrorists, are you?

:clap2:But darn you, PFT, I was wondering if a zionist was going to point that out. Not that I was holding my breath.

States don’t need international laws to define (Islamic) terrorism. I didn’t think an Islamist would recognize that.

States don’t need international laws to define (Islamic) terrorism. I didn’t think an Islamist would recognize that.
We agree, it's a label. Remember when Al Qaeda and even Bin Laden were freedom fighters... the good guys if you will?

They remain human beings and as such are protected. And its appalling that you need to be quoted IHL in order to believe that it is not okay to kill people because they are Jews. And we've been down this road before. And you've been proven wrong time and again. People should not have to be told that its illegal (not to mention abhorrent) to kill Jews.

GCIV Article Two.

(1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, ... shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.
To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) taking of hostages;

(c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

We agree, it's a label. Remember when Al Qaeda and even Bin Laden were freedom fighters... the good guys if you will?

We don’t agree at all. It’s not simply a label. I can understand you’re hoping to legitimize the murder of Israeli citizens (you can flail your Pom Poms when others do your loathsome bidding), but we have literally millennia with which to make judgements and reach conclusions about Islamist ideology.

If the shoe fits. Yes. If you believe that it is legally and morally permissible or desirable to stab civilians for political purposes -- you are a terrorist. If you call for that behaviour -- you are a terrorist. If you encourage that behaviour -- you are a terrorist. If you celebrate that behaviour -- you are a terrorist. If you accept payment on behalf of someone who commits that behaviour -- you are a terrorist. Shoe seems to fit like a glass slipper.

ALL human beings who do not participate in the hostilities are civilians and protected by basic, rudimentary humanitarian law. Period. End of story. No exceptions.

Please, please, little miss I-am-on-the-side-of-peace, tell me you do NOT think it is either legally or morally permissible to stab entire families to death while they sleep in their beds or sit down to Shabbat supper. You DO realize that is what Tinman is arguing for, yes?!

Forum List

Back