What passes for Republican Science

Exposed: The terrifying harassment faced by climate change scientists - The Week

In a sprawling new story in Popular Science, Tom Clynes takes an in-depth look at the seedy but influential range of people who take it upon themselves to make life a living hell for climate-change researchers.

1. Harassment is routine
Climate-change deniers often threaten scientists in attempts to distract them from their research — and the harassment goes beyond nasty emails. One climate modeler describes finding "a dead rat on his doorstep" with "a yellow Hummer speeding away

2. Political associations don't matter
For Katharine Hayhoe, an atmospheric scientist, political conservative, and evangelical Christian, her work can be as thankless as it is taxing — even from her own party. In 2007, Rush Limbaugh discovered her contributions to a book co-authored by Newt Gingrich and ridiculed her as a "climate babe." Following the backlash, Gingrich dropped her chapter on global warming entirely.

3. Research is often stifled by legal action
"Those crude acts of harassment often come alongside more-sophisticated legal and political attacks," says Clynes. Climate change skeptics regularly file lawsuits and Freedom of Information Act requests to disrupt ongoing research. "In 2005, before dragging Mann and other climate researchers into congressional hearings, Texas congressman Joe Barton ordered the scientists to submit voluminous details of working procedures, computer programs and past funding,

4. Efforts to ruffle scientists are increasingly sophisticated
It's not "a bunch of crazy people" fighting against us, says Mann. "These efforts to discredit science are well-organized." "There's really only about 25 of us doing this," says Steve Milloy, a Fox News commentator and self-described "denier." He calls the core group of skeptics "a ragtag bunch, very Continental Army." The deniers often target scientists who speak up publicly, offering bounties to anyone willing to make their lives difficult. In one instance, Milloy offered $500 for anyone

5. Anti-climate change advocacy is well-funded
Following the Kyoto Protocol on global warming in 1998, the American Petroleum Institute put together a $5.9 million task force (which included Milloy) charged with discrediting climate change science to "quash growing public support of curbing emissions."

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:badgrin:

Do you deny that "big oil" has undue influence over or politics? Where does the "anti" climate change opposition come? Where do scientists that claim there is no climate change get their money?

"Watermelons: The Green Movement's True Colors"
James Delingpole

"British author James Delingpole tells the shocking story of how an unholy mix of junk science, green hype, corporate greed and political opportunism led to the biggest - and most expensive - outbreak of mass hysteria in history.

In Watermelons, Delingpole explains the Climategate scandal, the cast of characters involved, their motives and methods. He delves into the background of the organizations and individuals who have sought to push global warming to the top of the political agenda, showing that beneath their cloak of green lurks a heart of red.

Watermelons shows how the scientific method has been sacrificed on the altar of climate alarmism. Delingpole mocks the green movement's pathetic record of apocalyptic predictions, from the "population bomb" to global cooling, which failed to materialize. He reveals the fundamental misanthropy of green ideology, "rooted in hatred of the human species, hell bent on destroying almost everything man has achieved".

Delingpole gives a refreshing voice to widespread public skepticism over global warming, emphasising that the "crisis" has been engineered by people seeking to control our lives by imposing new taxes and regulations. "Your taxes will be raised, your liberties curtailed and your money squandered to deal with this 'crisis'", he writes.

At its very roots, argues Delingpole, climate change is an ideological battle, not a scientific one. Green on the outside, red on the inside, the liberty-loathing, humanity-hating "watermelons" of the modern environmental movement do not want to save the world. They want to rule it.

Delingpole is the bestselling British writer who helped expose the Climategate scandal in his Daily Telegraph blog. He also writes a column for The Spectator. His other books include 365 Ways to Drive a Liberal Crazy (Regnery, 2010) and Welcome to Obamaland" (Regnery, 2009).

"...beneath their cloak of green lurks a heart of red."

Are you ever going to post anything relevant, or even slightly sane?:cuckoo:

It will appear both relevant and sane as soon as you realize the truth.

Look man we have to change our entire lifestyle due to climate change, accroding to these nuts. According to these folks, cars cause climeate change, cattle causes it, well just about everything causes it.

They want us on "public" transportation (FUCK THAT) and since that hasnt worked they want to choose what color and type of car to buy (get that Volt! and not in black).

They want to set your thermostat.

They basically want to control your life over the Earth warming...oh wait but if it snows it's climate change and if it rains more than normal, climate change, yada yada yada.

Look I've heard it all, and I think it's crap. The Earth changes temperature on it's own. hence ice ages and warming periods.

Given your demonstrated lack of ability to think, who the hell cares what you 'think'?

All you do is post flap yap, talking points, never a single scientific article to back your viewpoint. This is a subject involving science, therefore, one should post the research or evidence that supports their viewpoint. You have yet to do such.

Oh really, what in post was wrong? Go ahead, do they not blame cars and cattle? They dont want to controll you thermostats or outlaw black paint?
Fuck your this is "science" no it's not, it's politics, the green movement is political, so stop that shit right up front.

I dont?

Cattle causes global warming"

Cow 'emissions' more damaging to planet than CO2 from cars - Climate Change - Environment - The Independent
Kathy Freston: Healthy Living, Conscious Eating
First of all, animal agriculture disastrously effects the environment
See liberals dont like meat, so since people wont volunteer to get off it, they scare you or guilt you into it. Just one of the many things they do to try and control you, with......climate change!

Black cars
California May Ban Black Cars | TechCrunch
California Backpedals on Plan to Ban Black Cars to Reduce Emissions · Environmental Management & Energy News · Environmental Leader

Black car ban in California? Not quite yet - latimes.com

Black cars are bad, I didnt say it, global warming liberals said it and tried to ban them. They lost for now, but they'll be back.

Thermostats:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/11/us/11control.html
Critics cool to 'smart thermostat' proposal - SFGate

how much do you bet Al Gore will not have to do this in his own Malibu mansion?

So in essence those are just a few of the things. And of course you've seen in New York, the "healty" laws of getting rid of large sodas and now looking at "bad" food.

Is any of this comming together for you?

That's what I thought

save-planet-kill-yourself.jpeg

Last edited:
Exposed: The terrifying harassment faced by climate change scientists - The Week

In a sprawling new story in Popular Science, Tom Clynes takes an in-depth look at the seedy but influential range of people who take it upon themselves to make life a living hell for climate-change researchers.

1. Harassment is routine
Climate-change deniers often threaten scientists in attempts to distract them from their research — and the harassment goes beyond nasty emails. One climate modeler describes finding "a dead rat on his doorstep" with "a yellow Hummer speeding away

For Katharine Hayhoe, an atmospheric scientist, political conservative, and evangelical Christian, her work can be as thankless as it is taxing — even from her own party. In 2007, Rush Limbaugh discovered her contributions to a book co-authored by Newt Gingrich and ridiculed her as a "climate babe." Following the backlash, Gingrich dropped her chapter on global warming entirely.

"Those crude acts of harassment often come alongside more-sophisticated legal and political attacks," says Clynes. Climate change skeptics regularly file lawsuits and Freedom of Information Act requests to disrupt ongoing research. "In 2005, before dragging Mann and other climate researchers into congressional hearings, Texas congressman Joe Barton ordered the scientists to submit voluminous details of working procedures, computer programs and past funding,

It's not "a bunch of crazy people" fighting against us, says Mann. "These efforts to discredit science are well-organized." "There's really only about 25 of us doing this," says Steve Milloy, a Fox News commentator and self-described "denier." He calls the core group of skeptics "a ragtag bunch, very Continental Army." The deniers often target scientists who speak up publicly, offering bounties to anyone willing to make their lives difficult. In one instance, Milloy offered $500 for anyone

Following the Kyoto Protocol on global warming in 1998, the American Petroleum Institute put together a $5.9 million task force (which included Milloy) charged with discrediting climate change science to "quash growing public support of curbing emissions."

Why exactly is that fucking funny?

It's a travesty caused by politicization of science.

The hack OP even puts this in politics.

Damn, stay the fuck out of science.

ALL hacks. I don't give a shit what YOUR political views are...stay the fuck out of it.

It really should be in science shouldn't it?

Why are Republican thugs making climate change a political issue?

Have to protect Big Oil at all costs
Curiously, YOU keep saying "Republican".

I'll neg you again for your hatred of science when I spread more around.

These scientists would thank you, but they have more pressing issues.

Someones panties sure get into a knot when climate change is brought up.

Your rants on this thread are confusing. Why do you take scientific discussion so personally?

I have spent 35 years in the field of science. What is your background?

Do you, or do you not, support the tactics of Republican thugs?

Last edited:

ALL hacks. I don't give a shit what YOUR political views are...stay the fuck out of it.

When Politics enters the realm of science, the result is scientists passing emails about purposely manipulating FALSE data to reflect their agenda... Sound familiar? Democrats have been politicizing science for years to have their environmental issues pushed through... Those who believe the science behind those issues is suspect, are not allowed to voice their disagreement? Apparently they are not... In your wind driven perfect world. The next time you start up your car remember the word "HYPOCRITE".

Someones panties sure get into a knot when climate change is brougt up.

Your rants on this thread are confusing. Why do you take scientific discussion so personally?

It's not science, when you make shit up to fit your conclusion. It's politics.

Of course my rants confuse you. You and too many are hacks who politicize science.

And, look at the results.

Pat yourself on the back for it, hack. Your and others' political hackery are completely responsible for this.

And, if you think this is a scientific discussion, that says quite a bit about your background.

Last edited:
It is what passes for science within the Grand Old Party

Republicans can't counter with data of their own and with 92% of scientists agreeing with global warming they have to do something. So they fall back on their usual tactic of harrassment, threats and intimidation to get their way
Science is not done by consensus.

Shitbags like you soil it. Let science do what it does best - science.

Hacks like you getting involve simply ruin it. YOU and your likes are enemies of science.

I agree

The potential threat of climate change is too important to be soiled by politics. Let the scientists hash it out without the harassment and intimidation by Republican thugs

That is an excellent idea. How do you suggest we punish the lying scientists who altered data and tried to suppress those scientists who had doubts about AGW?

1. Harassment is routine

Why exactly is that fucking funny?

It's a travesty caused by politicization of science.

No shit. And oddly, the "pro science" crowd soils themselves at every point of critical review or questioning of their methods and/or conclusions.

My way or the highway is not science.

Poor babies, two years ago they were on top of the world making a good living with junk science and now ....sob.... they are being harassed by ....gasp....deniers. Rush called an alleged climate expert a "climate babe" and the thin skinned bunch of wimps think the world is coming to an end (no pun intended). The reporter guy can't find enough evidence to fill his op-ed so he digs up some story concerning a dead rat left on a door step in Austrailia, How horrible. What a bunch of crap.

It's not science, when you make shit up to fit your conclusion. It's politics.
Well, not entirely "not science" It's 6% science, 19% hysterics and 75% bullshit.
(according to my scientific study). Yup My career was in Science as well, RW.

Last edited:
Why don't all the manmade global warming hysteric types just kill themselves and save the planet?

It always cracks me up that those who cry man made global warming the loudest are also the ones who still are exacerbating the problem. Please, GW LOLberals, just kill yourself and save the planet.

When Politics enters the realm of science, the result is scientists passing emails about purposely manipulating FALSE data to reflect their agenda... Sound familiar? Democrats have been politicizing science for years to have their environmental issues pushed through... Those who believe the science behind those issues is suspect, are not allowed to voice their disagreement? Apparently they are not... In your wind driven perfect world. The next time you start up your car remember the word "HYPOCRITE".

No it doesn't sound familiar because independent investigation showed it never happened. More GOP thuggery to discredit climate change

Why don't all the manmade global warming hysteric types just kill themselves and save the planet?

It always cracks me up that those who cry man made global warming the loudest are also the ones who still are exacerbating the problem. Please, GW LOLberals, just kill yourself and save the planet.

That's the problem, I mean called rocks out and he ignores, cuz he's a pussy. He said I had nothing and I showed him how they want to control various aspects of his life. I'm against abortion, but I'm more Pro-Choice than he is.

How are the ones crying the loudest exacerbating the problem? Flying somewhere isn't proof of anything. You're assuming you know the ins and outs of the lives of people you don't know. What evidence do you have that people haven't changed their habits in a myriad of ways? This is about cutting down on our effect on the environment, not the elimination of anything having to do with the modern world.

Forum List

Back