What other alcohol drink to have with a meal other than beer?

iamwhatiseem

Whisky sour.

Gin and tonic.

Salty dog.

Old Fashioned.

Mrs. MO is going on 23 months of her second bout of long Covid.
I will never be the same.
I don't have stamina worth a dime.
My Ox levels after long covid is hanging around 92%-95%.

Fuck you China

So as some of you may have seen I have been dealing with long covid since November.
One of the weird side effects is beer makes my stomach queasy. I don't know why.
I only drink craft beers, not interested in corporate beer as I might as well have water. Actually I would rather have water.
Anyway... sometimes you like that "1 beer buzz". A soft/calming buzz that comes with just drinking a small amount of alcohol. But I don't know what to try.
I have not drank soda in many years, so anything with soda is out. Taste like ultra sweet cough syrup to me. (it would you to if you never drink it)
But it also needs to be refreshing like beer. I don't like wine either.
What kind of refreshing cocktails or mixed drink do you like that can be had with a meal?
You shouldn't drink alcohol when you have COVID.

So as some of you may have seen I have been dealing with long covid since November.
One of the weird side effects is beer makes my stomach queasy. I don't know why.
I only drink craft beers, not interested in corporate beer as I might as well have water. Actually I would rather have water.
Anyway... sometimes you like that "1 beer buzz". A soft/calming buzz that comes with just drinking a small amount of alcohol. But I don't know what to try.
I have not drank soda in many years, so anything with soda is out. Taste like ultra sweet cough syrup to me. (it would you to if you never drink it)
But it also needs to be refreshing like beer. I don't like wine either.
What kind of refreshing cocktails or mixed drink do you like that can be had with a meal?

iamwhatiseem

Have you tried cider? We’ve started drinking that. I prefer it over beer when I’m parched.

I will never be the same.
I don't have stamina worth a dime.
My Ox levels after long covid is hanging around 92%-95%.

Fuck you China

My wife had something similar. Twice she had shortness of breath lasting 5-6 months. Is your oxygen level getting any better?

iamwhatiseem

Have you tried cider? We’ve started drinking that. I prefer it over beer when I’m parched.
Thanks... but I don't like sour tastes much. I tried a sour beer once...woof.. not for me.
We have a famous Apple orchard about 30 miles south of us. People rave over their cider. You have probably had it. I am not a fan. However, they also make a apple cider mixed with strawberry juice.
That isn't too bad.
Having said that - since writing this thread, my stomach has gotten better. I can drink 1 or 2 non IPA beers without trouble now. We also have a Sodastream. We make a carbonated drink with water and cranberry juice. It is not bad on it's own, a little dry and bitter. But when you mix in some White Claw seltzer it is pretty good. I can't stand White Claw on it's own... waaaaaay too sweet. But mixed with the bitter cranberry it is a nice drink. I sometimes add a bit of Vodka to ramp up the Alc.

I drink a lot of sparkling water with meals.

The light carbonation is a good palate cleanser and makes you feel full just a little faster

My wife had something similar. Twice she had shortness of breath lasting 5-6 months. Is your oxygen level getting any better?
I am afraid my shortness of breath is permanent. My Ox levels are better, but I simply have no stamina. I take 100mg. of Atenonol a day for HBP and chronic PVCs Without Atenonol I will have almost constant PVCs which is a death sentence. With Atenonol I only have a few a month.
Anyway - related, Atenonol by design doesn't allow the heart to beat fast. Since my dosage is high to control the constant fibrillation, that also can be detrimental if other breathing/circulation problems exist. In other words, it is likely half the issue.

I am afraid my shortness of breath is permanent. My Ox levels are better, but I simply have no stamina. I take 100mg. of Atenonol a day for HBP and chronic PVCs Without Atenonol I will have almost constant PVCs which is a death sentence. With Atenonol I only have a few a month.
Anyway - related, Atenonol by design doesn't allow the heart to beat fast. Since my dosage is high to control the constant fibrillation, that also can be detrimental if other breathing/circulation problems exist. In other words, it is likely half the issue.

iamwhatiseem

Thanks

I hope your condition improves.

Thanks... but I don't like sour tastes much. I tried a sour beer once...woof.. not for me.
We have a famous Apple orchard about 30 miles south of us. People rave over their cider. You have probably had it. I am not a fan. However, they also make a apple cider mixed with strawberry juice.
That isn't too bad.
Having said that - since writing this thread, my stomach has gotten better. I can drink 1 or 2 non IPA beers without trouble now. We also have a Sodastream. We make a carbonated drink with water and cranberry juice. It is not bad on it's own, a little dry and bitter. But when you mix in some White Claw seltzer it is pretty good. I can't stand White Claw on it's own... waaaaaay too sweet. But mixed with the bitter cranberry it is a nice drink. I sometimes add a bit of Vodka to ramp up the Alc.

Things can change. I was involved in a major cycling accident that caused me to lose all taste for whiskey.

But it came back.

Hooray for me!

This cheap crap is actually just as good as medium price vodkas. It may only be a southern California thing, though.

Ocean44Vodka_600x.jpg

I sometimes need this to process all the Commiefornia insanity coming down from Sacramento.
Cheers . :)

There must be a thousand varieties of wine. Apparently kids in Europe grow up with the stuff (maybe vodka in Russia). I'm no expert but some people are wine snobs and there is a funny movie called "Sideways" with Paul Giamatti that shows how carried away some people can get with wine

1/2 glass Mogen David (Mad Dog), combined with 1/2 glass of Thunderbird wine.

Mad Bird or Thunder Dog, dealers choice for what you call it.

Forum List

Back