What Obama Needs to Carry This Elections

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Jackson, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,057
    I believe the Republican and conservative base is energized by the SCOTUS decision and Obama's dismal record.

2. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,980
    I disagree. You have surrounded yourself by like-minded people, and you are more political than average. I think that most are less motivated than you are.

Politics are like Christianity. Most people are pretty happy just occasionally sitting in a pew once in a while or claiming the label. There are very few disciples.

3. Jackson

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,057
    While I agree that posters on a messageboard are usually more political than the average person, the polls do show that they are not happy with the direction of this country at the present time. That generally leads to a change in leadership at the polls, so we'll have to wait and see.

4. there4eyeM

there4eyeM unlicensed metaphysician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,293
    Being Mormon could be more of a handicap than being black.

5. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,718
    What Obama "needs" is a plan to fix the economy. Anyone out there want to tell me what his plan is?

He's going to stand on a debate stage with Mitt Romney and try and bullshit us that he does...I'll be fascinated to watch him try to be honest with you. Vague worked for him last time because he wasn't running on what he HAD done but on vague promises of what he WOULD do. After almost four years does anyone out there in cyber land know what Obama's plan is to fix the economy? If so you better call the White House because THEY don't appear to have HAD a plan after Larry Summer's Keynesian "science project" managed to spend a trillion dollars on a stimulus that didn't stimulate much of anything except for the deficit.

6. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,718
    I think you're sadly mistaken, Catz...there is a high level of unhappiness with this President's performance with Republicans that I think will send them to the polls. The problem that progressives are looking at is a lack of enthusiasm in the voting blocs that gave Obama his big win in 2008...record voter turnouts among blacks and young voters...two demographics that have been hit especially hard by the Obama Economy. I don't think they're going to turn out for Barry this time because quite frankly he didn't deliver for THEM.

7. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,070
    A suitcase...

8. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,980
    Yes, at this point, we're just picking the fastest horse based upon the jockey's clothing.

9. Jackson

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,057
    The debates will prove to be interesting. He'll have to come up with something and then explain why he didn't do this while he had a majority. He doesn't have meetings with his Jobs Council, rare meetings with his cabinet, the unemployment has been above 8 ;percent for over 41 months...yes, the debates could be very interesting.

10. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,980
    I don't think that the core conservative base is enthused by Romney. And, conservative Christians don't like him.

Romney is the conservative equivalent of John Kerry. He's a spandex-wearing windsurfing elitist with no discernible personality or charisma. Obama can blame the evil conservatives for killing his job bill and do this: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/slow-jam-the-news-with-barack-obama-4-24-12/1398195

He is a tremendously likeable guy within his base, who doesn't like or trust the republicans who have stepped on their dicks in a thousand different ways in the past 4 years. So, I think you're overestimating the degree of support for Romney and his odds of beating Obama.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012