What no looting?

Not interested in your bets. I'm interested in your honesty.... which appears to be sadly lacking.

You're a liar. When people lie about me, I tend not to allow them to deflect from the lie in order to get themselves off the hook of the lie. You lied. An honorable person would admit they were wrong, they might even apologize. You are dishonorable. And I'll remind you of that often.

spriggledonk (that's not even a word!)

Come on honey!.......daddy needs new shoes!
I rarely agree with CG...but she's 100% correct here. You lied about what she said and are too much of a coward to admit it. That says a lot about you.

JACKPOT!!!!!!

I'm a fair man, F......double or nothing!

Pork skins.

spriggledonk (that's not even a word!)

Come on honey!.......daddy needs new shoes!
I rarely agree with CG...but she's 100% correct here. You lied about what she said and are too much of a coward to admit it. That says a lot about you.

JACKPOT!!!!!!

I'm a fair man, F......double or nothing!

Pork skins.

How old are you?

I only ask because it may provide a possible explanation as to why you prefer to make yourself look like a total jackass rather than admit the truth. This fantasy 'bet' of yours.... does it include someone doing your homework for a week?

AND how the government prepared them...they are constantly drilled on how to react to an earthquake.

Maybe the rightwingloons want us to have constant drills, run by the government, on how to react? Can you imagine the bitch fest that would ensue if anyone proposed anything like it? :lol:

How to react to an emergency, like getting under a desk or evacuating to specific places, is very different the reacting like an animal.

Being told to be responsible for yourself and having on hand emergency supplies for several days, is very different then looting.

The looters had no problems with the government response. Normal people had issues with the government response.
You don't understand at all...the Japanese government came through immediately with rescue supplies. The Japanese people trust their government to do the right thing, therefore they themselves do the right thing.

Here is an article that only gives a glimpse into what they do to prepare, but it is enough.

Why Japan Was Ready - Max Fisher - International - The Atlantic

In our country this will never happen simply because one political party has no interest in helping people in the midst of a disaster. When you can't depend on your own government, then you fall back on evolutionary behavior and feed yourself.

If you want us to model ourselves on Japan then you need to quit believing that the government is the enemy.

Again, this not about the government or political parties. How hard is that to understand? The looting started in NO almost immediately, that had nothing to do with or lack of a "government" response.

Looting to survive, food and water...that i can understand to a point... but AFTER several days. Looting anything and everything you can tote away is an entirely different matter completely.

This is an observation about people.

How to react to an emergency, like getting under a desk or evacuating to specific places, is very different the reacting like an animal.

Being told to be responsible for yourself and having on hand emergency supplies for several days, is very different then looting.

The looters had no problems with the government response. Normal people had issues with the government response.
You don't understand at all...the Japanese government came through immediately with rescue supplies. The Japanese people trust their government to do the right thing, therefore they themselves do the right thing.

Here is an article that only gives a glimpse into what they do to prepare, but it is enough.

In our country this will never happen simply because one political party has no interest in helping people in the midst of a disaster. When you can't depend on your own government, then you fall back on evolutionary behavior and feed yourself.

If you want us to model ourselves on Japan then you need to quit believing that the government is the enemy.

Again, this not about the government or political parties. How hard is that to understand? The looting started in NO almost immediately, that had nothing to do with or lack of a "government" response.

Looting to survive, food and water...that i can understand to a point... but AFTER several days. Looting anything and everything you can tote away is an entirely different matter completely.

It didn't start "almost immediately." My point is that when you cannot depend on the government to do its job, this is the outcome. The federal government turned its back on New Orleans for several days. The Japanese government was responding simultaneously to the the disasters happening.

Indeed. Government is a symptom, not a cause. The differences in behavior have to do with values and culture. The Japanese have strong traditions of family and respect. The results of their values are on display now, and the contrast is quite telling when compared with the wholesale attack on the family unit underway by the bright lights on the left.

I firmly believe that somewhere in Japan, in one of those town destroyed by the tsunami, that a few people are still alive and wouldn't think twice about taking a loaf of bread from a store if they found one...and eating it.

And they would be praised for their survival skills.

It is really quite a shame that there is so much hatred here on this board for fellow Americans.

I firmly believe that somewhere in Japan, in one of those town destroyed by the tsunami, that a few people are still alive and wouldn't think twice about taking a loaf of bread from a store if they found one...and eating it.

And they would be praised for their survival skills.

It is really quite a shame that there is so much hatred here on this board for fellow Americans.

And yet I'm not amazed at your complete and utter devotion to moral relativism which equates looting a sports clothing store with necessities for basic survival.

katrina+looters.bmp

It didn't start "almost immediately." My point is that when you cannot depend on the government to do its job, this is the outcome. The federal government turned its back on New Orleans for several days. The Japanese government was responding simultaneously to the the disasters happening.

Course Japanese have this crazy habit of pitching in till help arrives. They don't feel as entitled, more self-relient, willing to be teamplayers rather then individuals with special needs

Strange concepts like that.

Just saying

It's been a few days since the earthquake. I doubt we'll read news reports by that well known NEO CON outlet MSNBC such as this one:

With much of the city flooded by Hurricane Katrina, looters floated garbage cans filled with clothing and jewelry down the street in a dash to grab what they could.

In some cases, looting on Tuesday took place in full view of police and National Guard troops.

At a Walgreen’s drug store in the French Quarter, people were running out with grocery baskets and coolers full of soft drinks, chips and diapers.

When police finally showed up, a young boy stood in the door screaming, “86! 86!” — the radio code for police — and the crowd scattered.

Denise Bollinger, a tourist from Philadelphia, stood outside and snapped pictures in amazement.

“It’s downtown Baghdad,” the housewife said. “It’s insane. I’ve wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not.”

(snip)

One man, who had about 10 pairs of jeans draped over his left arm, was asked if he was salvaging things from his store.

“No,” the man shouted, “that’s everybody’s store.”

Looters filled industrial-sized garbage cans with clothing and jewelry and floated them down the street on bits of plywood and insulation as National Guard lumbered by.

Some in the crowd splashed into the waist-deep water like giddy children at the beach.

Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.

“To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it’s an opportunity to get back at society,” he said....

Looters strike New Orleans after storm - U.S. news - Katrina, The Long Road Back - msnbc.com

Classy.

And note to Muddy - it's not an issue of not being individuals. It's about having a sense of responsibility and self-respect.

Last edited:
What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

They are not looting businesses or turning into whining animals.

Amazing comparison don't you think?

I had not given it thought but now that you mention it,

You take a racially homogenous people with a centuries-old civilization and IQ's high enough to produce some of the world's most advanced technology, and that's what you get.

Take a country filled with third-world garbage and blacks with IQ's just above "mentally retarded", and this is what you get:

images

So, before anyone flips out, I humbly ask:

Am I being racist or truthful?
How do you know he's looting...because he's black?

slap down that race card whydonchya? How DID we know it was looting? Cause there were no business open post Katriana, but somehow all the wal marts and cadillac franchises's were emptied out.

Everyone had to wait for the National guard after Katrina because of all the violence and looting of blacks, they were even shooting at the rescue helicopters.

It's been a few days since the earthquake. I doubt we'll read news reports by that well known NEO CON outlet MSNBC such as this one:

With much of the city flooded by Hurricane Katrina, looters floated garbage cans filled with clothing and jewelry down the street in a dash to grab what they could.

In some cases, looting on Tuesday took place in full view of police and National Guard troops.

At a Walgreen’s drug store in the French Quarter, people were running out with grocery baskets and coolers full of soft drinks, chips and diapers.

When police finally showed up, a young boy stood in the door screaming, “86! 86!” — the radio code for police — and the crowd scattered.

Denise Bollinger, a tourist from Philadelphia, stood outside and snapped pictures in amazement.

“It’s downtown Baghdad,” the housewife said. “It’s insane. I’ve wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not.”

(snip)

One man, who had about 10 pairs of jeans draped over his left arm, was asked if he was salvaging things from his store.

“No,” the man shouted, “that’s everybody’s store.”

Looters filled industrial-sized garbage cans with clothing and jewelry and floated them down the street on bits of plywood and insulation as National Guard lumbered by.

Some in the crowd splashed into the waist-deep water like giddy children at the beach.

Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.

“To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it’s an opportunity to get back at society,” he said....

Looters strike New Orleans after storm - U.S. news - Katrina, The Long Road Back - msnbc.com

Classy.

And note to Muddy - it's not an issue of not being individuals. It's about having a sense of responsibility and self-respect.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Congrats.

The local government is the access point for the federal government. The mayor of the city failed. The governor failed. The government did not fail. They got the aid. A three day response time is the standard. I have worked disaster communication and medical for the red cross for years. Have you never heard of disaster preparedness.

Again, looting for food and water is one thing. Striping walmarts to the bone is a different story entirely. Are madi gras beads something you need to keep from starving? I was not aware that beads were edible.

You take a racially homogenous people with a centuries-old civilization and IQ's high enough to produce some of the world's most advanced technology, and that's what you get.

Take a country filled with third-world garbage and blacks with IQ's just above "mentally retarded", and this is what you get:

images

So, before anyone flips out, I humbly ask:

Am I being racist or truthful?

Whats wrong with what hes doing? you expect him to just let those Heinekens float away?

Wasn't most of New Orleans in a state of poverty before the hurricanes anyways? they already had a high crime rate before Katrina, the crime rates in Japan are relatively low and so is the poverty as far as I know, this really shouldn't be such a surprise.

Wasn't most of New Orleans in a state of poverty before the hurricanes anyways? they already had a high crime rate before Katrina, the crime rates in Japan are relatively low and so is the poverty as far as I know, this really shouldn't be such a surprise.

New Orleans was a corrupt city. Run by democrats. Half the police force fled post hurricane Katrina and Ray Nagin sent the other half on vacation to Hawaii, then he confiscated all the guns. Sucks to depend on Ray Nagin donut?

Forum List

Back