What News Outlets Do You Rely On?

NPR during my morning/evening commute. Check the Arizona Republic online for more local news and also the Cleveland Plain Dealer to keep up on the sorry state of affairs concerning my Browns and Tribe.

Don't watch much news at all on TV, although I'm trying to get into the habit of switching on CBS's Sunday Morning.

NPR during my morning/evening commute. Check the Arizona Republic online for more local news and also the Cleveland Plain Dealer to keep up on the sorry state of affairs concerning my Browns and Tribe.

Don't watch much news at all on TV, although I'm trying to get into the habit of switching on CBS's Sunday Morning.

I have no Sunday morning discussion show I watch regularly either. What do you like about CBS's?

I don't rely on any speficially. I just read articles that look interesting no matter what the source.

I have no Sunday morning discussion show I watch regularly either. What do you like about CBS's?[/QUOTE]

Mainly what I do like about CBS Sunday Morning's is that often they show regular people with extrordinary talents. It isn't about the so-called leaders or talking heads, but rather about us that comprise our communities. That is also one thing I like about NPR as well. When tragedy struck the miners they interviewed the families in a way that allowed the the people time enough to have their say. Recall driving home and listening for 5 minutes as an adult daughter told of her dad who worked in the mines. I prefer when the media allows folks to tell of their own stories and experiences. I quit other news because they came off like 80% of this country's importance is located in Washington, NYC, and Hollywood.

I wake up every morning to Enclave Radio!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXdbRGBUifk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXdbRGBUifk[/ame]

I have no Sunday morning discussion show I watch regularly either. What do you like about CBS's?

Sunday Morning isn't one of the Sunday discussion shows. CBS's Sunday discussion show is Face the Nation. Think of Sunday Morning as something more along the lines of a Sunday magazine in the Times.

This does remind me to add the Sunday morning shows though. I watch This Week, Meet the Press, and Washington Week and listen to the very-misnamed Left, Right, and Center every week, and catch Fareed Zakaria GPS when I can.

Last edited:
I watch Morning Joe, unless either he or Mika are mad at each other and start bickering, forgetting they're on air. I think the show snags great guests, not hesitant to speak their minds. Then I usually catch the last half of Andrea Mitchell, but that's all I watch on MSNBC. For news, I'm strictly a CNN person because they really do have an honest mix of right and left pols, and straight shooters when just "reporting" the news. I also watch/listen to a lot of C-Span, depending on the topic and what their guests will be discussing.

I read the Washington Post online, my local paper (where I used to work!), Newsweek online, sometimes The Daily Beast online, THE WEEK magazine, The National Journal, and Vanity Fair monthly. I read a lot of other items online based on daily television news reports. Oh, and the TV Guide stories!

Fox, MSNBC,, I love watching tweety spit and drool, madcow and oldmotmuchofaman are too funny,, and mr. ed is going to blow a gasket some day,, and then c-span.. when I hear of a story that is in a particular city or state I usually go to the newspaper that serves that city..

but for knowing what the loons on the left are thinking, doing saying and instigating you cannot beat the obie wan messiah station with tweety and co.

Must be those China Doll airheads on FOX are just too intimidating for such a worldly woman as you. Just guessin'...

matthews-obama.jpg

Mainly what I do like about CBS Sunday Morning's is that often they show regular people with extrordinary talents. It isn't about the so-called leaders or talking heads, but rather about us that comprise our communities. That is also one thing I like about NPR as well. When tragedy struck the miners they interviewed the families in a way that allowed the the people time enough to have their say. Recall driving home and listening for 5 minutes as an adult daughter told of her dad who worked in the mines. I prefer when the media allows folks to tell of their own stories and experiences. I quit other news because they came off like 80% of this country's importance is located in Washington, NYC, and Hollywood.[/QUOTE]

It's a big country. I even howl when my local paper prints something on the front page with a headline like MAN JAILED FOR SLAPPING WIFE. That's news? I can't imagine 20% of people even in this town care about a single incident like that, let alone 20% of the rest of the country. My point is that it would be virtually impossible to choose other stories throughout the country which would generate 80% interest on a regular basis. Within the timeframes, I think MSM does a pretty good job of daily coverage.

Why thank you for that cogent reply, MaggieMae. I'm going to DVR it and see if I like it as much as you do. At least I won't be getting preached at by George Stephanopolus, bless his pointy little head.

I listen,watch,read the state controlled government controlled pro Obama news outlets which is pretty much all of them.Then I go to Fox and find out what's really going on.

There is only one -- Fox News. The rest are just Obama satellite offices.

Forum List

Back