What Muslim Countries Have Helped Haiti?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Can anyone point me to an article that talks about what Muslim countries have done to help the Haitian people?

Thanks.

Senegal is a muslim nation (94%) and has offered to take in Hatian refuges.

Senegal Offers Help to Haiti

Posted 17,Jan. 2010

Senegalese President, Abdoulaye Wade said Haitians were sons and daughters of Africa since Haiti was founded by slaves, including some thought to be from Senegal.

"The President is offering voluntary repatriation to any Haitian that wants to return to their origin," said Mr Wade's spokesman, Mamadou Bemba Ndiaye.

Tuesday's earthquake killed tens of thousands and left many more homeless.

"Buildings have been reduced to rubble, the distribution of aid is slow, and people have been flooding out of the devastated capital, Port-au-Prince.

"Senegal is ready to offer them parcels of land - even an entire region. It all depends on how many Haitians come," Mr Bemba Ndiaye said.

Channels TV News : Senegal Offers Help to Haiti

I am a member of the Muslim American Society.

Here is what our organization is doing to help in Haiti.

But you will never see any of this on the news. :doubt:

MAS Freedom Call to Action for Muslim Medical Volunteers to Haiti

WASHINGTON, DC (MASNET) Jan. 15, 2010 – MAS Freedom (MASF), as the civic and human rights advocacy entity of the Muslim American Society (MAS), is making an urgent appeal for Health Professionals from the Muslim community willing to provide medical assistance to the people of Haiti.

Currently Muslims across the United States are opening their hearts and resources on behalf of the Haitian people.

Islamic Relief has committed a million dollars for relief work in Haiti and is currently preparing to send some of their field staff to Haiti via the Dominican Republic.

Many other Muslims organizations and relief groups are also providing money and material assistance to the people of Haiti.

Muslim American Society

Last edited:
I watched Geraldo the other night.. on FOX NEWS.. and he highlighted a Surgeon and his two sons who were pre-med students all volunteering in Haiti. their names were Patel. I don't know if they were muslim or not but certainly from the middle east. :clap2:

Can anyone point me to an article that talks about what Muslim countries have done to help the Haitian people?

Thanks.

Muslim countries are, in fact, helping Haiti - The Majlis

Bahrain: The government has donated $1 million to relief efforts.
Jordan: A Jordanian air force plane carrying a military field hospital and 6 tons of food and supplies left Amman on January 14. A second plane carrying Jordanian medics left the following day.
Iran: Iran's Red Crescent society sent 30 tons of humanitarian aid, including food, tents and medicine, on January 16.
Kuwait: Kuwait donated $1 million to relief efforts; the Red Crescent is preparing 100 tons of food, medical supplies, tents and blankets to fly to Haiti.
Lebanon: Lebanon is loading a plane with 25 tons of tents and 3 tons of medical supplies; it leaves tomorrow.
Morocco: Two planes carrying 24 tons of aid left the city of Kenitra on January 16. The Moroccan government has pledged $1 million in aid to Haiti.
Qatar: A Qatari C-17 aircraft loaded with 50 tons of aid left for Port-au-Prince on January 14. The Qatari government also sent a rescue team to set up a field hospital; the Red Crescent will sent another $100,000.
Turkey: Three cargo planes -- carrying search-and-rescue teams, a mobile hospital and aid materials -- left for Haiti on January 16. Another two planes left yesterday. Turkey has also donated $1 million in cash.
United Arab Emirates: The UAE sent two planes loaded with tents, and a team from the UAE's Red Crescent will arrive in the Dominican Republic tomorrow to buy $500,000 worth of supplies and truck them to Haiti. Another 50 tons of emergency supplies will be air-lifted from Abu Dhabi tomorrow.

I watched Geraldo the other night.. on FOX NEWS.. and he highlighted a Surgeon and his two sons who were pre-med students all volunteering in Haiti. their names were Patel. I don't know if they were muslim or not but certainly from the middle east. :clap2:
Patel is a very common Indian last name.

It's like the Smith or Jones of India.

Turkish charity Humanitarian Relief Foundation, or İHH, is currently caring for 700 orphaned children in Haiti. Durmuş Aydın, the charity’s foreign relations officer, told the Daily News the İHH plans to bring the orphans to Turkey and care for them here.
Aydın said both the Turkish foreign and interior ministries have given full support to the project and that they are only awaiting the Haitian government’s approval before proceeding.
(...)
Turkey’s consul general to the Dominican Republic, Antonio Horke Almayami, told the Daily News the adoption of Haitian children could be an option because more than 10,000 were left orphaned by the disaster.
Haitian orphans to come to Turkey - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Thanks.

You would think that with all the oil and gas countries like Iran, Sudan, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE etc have, they would at least pitch in some oil. Yet they remain idle.

Heck Israel, has done more for Haiti then they entire middle east and North Africa!:(

Awe so nice, they get an offer to come to a country that is just about as shitty as pre-earthquake Haiti. Of course you dismiss the underlining insult. Senegal basically is calling Haiti not a real country.

Senegal is also not known for its tolerance for Christians. The presecution would start the minute they hit the ground.

This is an offer in jest and is meaningless. I bet 1 or 2 people at the most takes them up on it.

Again no aid, doctors or anything else besides a meaningless offer.

Nice try SunniNazi

Senegal is a muslim nation (94%) and has offered to take in Hatian refuges.

Senegal Offers Help to Haiti

Posted 17,Jan. 2010

Senegalese President, Abdoulaye Wade said Haitians were sons and daughters of Africa since Haiti was founded by slaves, including some thought to be from Senegal.

"The President is offering voluntary repatriation to any Haitian that wants to return to their origin," said Mr Wade's spokesman, Mamadou Bemba Ndiaye.

Tuesday's earthquake killed tens of thousands and left many more homeless.

"Buildings have been reduced to rubble, the distribution of aid is slow, and people have been flooding out of the devastated capital, Port-au-Prince.

"Senegal is ready to offer them parcels of land - even an entire region. It all depends on how many Haitians come," Mr Bemba Ndiaye said.

Channels TV News : Senegal Offers Help to Haiti

Patel is a very common Indian last name.

It's like the Smith or Jones of India.

Guess you never been to Chicago, Patel is as common as Smith! :lol:

True-character.gif

Muslim Medical Group Opens Clinic in Haiti

The Islamic Medical Association of North America has converted an amusement park in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, into a health care facility to assist victims of the recent, devastating earthquake in that country. The clinic's doctors and surgeons are now able to see 300 patients per day. Additional physicians, with shipments of supplies, are expected to continue arriving through the coming weeks to support the clinic's operations.

Visit the IMANA website to see more about their work, and to learn how you can help.
Islamic Medical Association of North America

Bahrain: The government has donated $1 million to relief efforts.

Jordan: A Jordanian air force plane carrying a military field hospital and 6 tons of food and supplies left Amman on January 14. A second plane carrying Jordanian medics left the following day.

Iran: Iran's Red Crescent society sent 30 tons of humanitarian aid, including food, tents and medicine, on January 16.

Kuwait: Kuwait donated $1 million to relief efforts; the Red Crescent is preparing 100 tons of food, medical supplies, tents and blankets to fly to Haiti.

Lebanon: Lebanon is loading a plane with 25 tons of tents and 3 tons of medical supplies; it leaves tomorrow.

Morocco: Two planes carrying 24 tons of aid left the city of Kenitra on January 16. The Moroccan government has pledged $1 million in aid to Haiti.

Qatar: A Qatari C-17 aircraft loaded with 50 tons of aid left for Port-au-Prince on January 14. The Qatari government also sent a rescue team to set up a field hospital; the Red Crescent will sent another $100,000.

Turkey: Three cargo planes -- carrying search-and-rescue teams, a mobile hospital and aid materials -- left for Haiti on January 16. Another two planes left yesterday. Turkey has also donated $1 million in cash.

United Arab Emirates: The UAE sent two planes loaded with tents, and a team from the UAE's Red Crescent will arrive in the Dominican Republic tomorrow to buy $500,000 worth of supplies and truck them to Haiti. Another 50 tons of emergency supplies will be air-lifted from Abu Dhabi tomorrow.
Muslim countries are, in fact, helping Haiti - The Majlis

Thanks.

You would think that with all the oil and gas countries like Iran, Sudan, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE etc have, they would at least pitch in some oil. Yet they remain idle.

Heck Israel, has done more for Haiti then they entire middle east and North Africa!:(

So you were showed a list of what they have done to help, and you found something else to bitch about?

Why don't you stop being an ass and praise the World community for helping Haiti out.

Awe so nice, they get an offer to come to a country that is just about as shitty as pre-earthquake Haiti. Of course you dismiss the underlining insult. Senegal basically is calling Haiti not a real country.

Senegal is also not known for its tolerance for Christians. The presecution would start the minute they hit the ground.

This is an offer in jest and is meaningless. I bet 1 or 2 people at the most takes them up on it.

Nice try SunniNazi
That is a very low and sad post GHook. :(

The Pres. of Senegal made a heartfelt offer to the people of Haiti.

Senegal is a poor country, but wants to help.

Why do you feel the need to belittle their generous offer?

Last edited:

Nice try SunniNazi
That is a very low and sad post GHook. :(

That's par for the course for GHook. :lol:

Thanks.

So you were showed a list of what they have done to help, and you found something else to bitch about?

Why don't you stop being an ass and praise the World community for helping Haiti out.

...this is also no "dick-length" contest.
Further, there is no transparency from where the numbers come that are floating around. Maybe governmental support? It must be the sums which the governments have pledged, else noone has the capacity to collect data from NGO's help or civilian money-collecting (mobilephone textmessage campaigns) within the countries.

Who has done what - for those interested - will be seen in future.
But i doubt there is then still interest for Haiti from those persons who approach the whole issue in motivation to play judge over Islam.

Forum List

Back