What music did you last buy??

I last got a replacement record for my Seals and Crofts Record :) (BS 2886)

The one I got months ago from salvation army was in bad shape,noise and skips all thru it (BSK 3109) Quite sad indeed.... This one looks IN MUCH BETTER SHAPE... (I got this @ a friends place who sells records also (Its not his main business though))

I just got a whole set of 'superstars of the 70s' collection today! (4 record set)

MAN DO I LOVE 70s MUSIC!!

I also got Simon and Garfunkel - Sounds of silence :)

I have been wanting Greg Kihn's 1983 CD, Kihnspiracy, for a long time, and I had to pay a lot for it! :mad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQlKHd0GHg]The Greg Kihn Band - Talking To Myself - YouTube[/ame]

I last got all these :)

Greatest Country And Western Hits (No. 4) - This one is in Mono
A 78: Frank Sinatra - That lucky old sun/Could Ja
A 78: Frank Sinatra - If I loved you/You'll never walk alone
A 78: Gene Autry - Rudolph the red nose reindeer/If it doesnt snow on christmas (*)

* - I found a FIRST PRESSING of this 78 -- The one I had didnt sound as good and had a skip @ the very end of the first song.. (Rudolph the red nosed reindeer) -- RED COLUMBIA LABEL (Sounds better than the re-press I had of this (As most original pressings do))

I got an awesome SUPERTRAMP record a couple days ago!! -- Breakfast in America (1979)

I only knew 1 song by name (Take the long way home) -- The first 3 songs on side 1 however I HAVE LOVED MANY YEARS!!! (Just did not know the names)

Im glad I got it!!!

Last edited:
I got 6 Frank Sinatra records today!! (All are in Mono)

1) Strangers in the night
2) This is Sinatra (VOL 2)
3) September of my years
4) That Old Feeling
5) Swing Easy
6) A swingin' affair

I can't remember the last time I bought music...

but it was prolly before some of y'all were even born...

eta: if I hadda pay for YouTube, my answer would have been entirely different... :)

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDUC1LUXSU]Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines ft. T.I., Pharrell - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98jcb2eHjmg]I Want It - Viv and the Revival - YouTube[/ame]

I actually bought this, frequently youtube to mp3 stuff. This song is from Verizon's latest commercial.

Love to browse Good Will and pick up cd's. Lost all our record albums 13 years ago when the damn basement flooded ... all the covers were ruined, stereo got ruined, tossed the records.

Anyone else still hear certain songs and expect to hear a 'scratch' at a certain point? lol, the good old days.

My dad left a bunch of 78's at the house, don't know if they're still there or if they went to the Thrift Store. There's a beautiful cherry cabinet that housed a record player/radio. Don't know what happened to the radio part, it's gone. Cabinet is gorgeous. He used to play Big Band records on it, especially when he was having poker night. :)

Ah man,i am so sorry buddy :(

I got all these on monday :)

Little river band - Time Exposure
Genesis - No Name on it (The one with 'Taking it all too hard' on it)
Genesis - A trick of the tail
Genesis - ...and then there were three...

I also got 'THE BEATLES LIVE' on VHS (1964) -- WOW THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN THEM ALL IN PERSON!!!!! (Brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4jsdltN2c]Temple - Kings of Leon - YouTube[/ame]

Pat-Metheny-Unity-Group-KIN2.gif

I got 3 cassettes today :)

1) Fine Young Cannibals - The Raw and the Cooked
2) Sade - Diamond life
3) Foreigner - Records (A collection of thier music (77-82))

Thankfully I can listen to my cassettes IN MONO which is awesome!!!!!!

Last edited:
I got 3 records on Monday :)

1) Kansas - Point of Know Return (1977) -- Doesnt sound too good. On the album it says "This album was aphex processed" -- I looked up "Aphex processing" and discovered what it is.... DOESNT MAKE IT SOUND BETTER IN MY OPINION!! (The cassette I have "The best of Kansas" sounds better!!)

I probably wont keep it...... (Its sad,people do stupid things to try and make stuff SOUND BETTER but in reality it makes it worse!!)

I hope they didnt mess up thier 1975 album like this (The one with "CARRY ON WAYWARD SON") Im still trying to find this one!!

2) Heart - Bebe Le Strange (1980)

3) Paul Simons Greatest Hits

I also got a 45!

Steely Dan - Only a fool/Reeling in the years (I have this song on my STEELY DAN 'GREATEST HITS' collection (2 record set))

First time I have heard ONLY A FOOL -- I like it!!

Forum List

Back