What Might Be Trump's REAL Intentions?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Here's one for ya, cons. Donald Trump. When he fails to get the Republican nomination, will he run as an independent? He raised his hand at the debate, indicating that he would not say that he wouldn't in the event he did not get the nomination.

What if . . . . Trump has Democratic interests at heart all along? What if he never had any intention of running for president on the Republican ticket? What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of the Republican party so that, when he runs as an independent, he will effectively split the Republican vote and insure the election of the Democratic candidate in the general election?

Far fetched? Perhaps. But he has espoused some pretty liberal positions in the past and has had known contacts with some rather high-ranking Democrats. Everyone pretty much agrees that he is a loose cannon. Enough of a loose cannon to pull off something like this?

Hmmmmmm?

With reps like bush and rubio wanting to flood the nation with illiterate new democrats Trump is a breath of fresh air!!

Trump would run third party if he is treated unfairly. He should. The republican establishment needs a good spanking. If Trump starts getting the votes and the RNC fiddles with the nomination they are just as bad as democrats. Let Tehran take care of both of them.

Trump knows he can't get elected POTUS. He is smart so he obviously is neutering the GOP by splitting the power of the party. I think he will say he is being forced to go independent. The votes he draws away from the GOP will guarantee their defeat.

Trump knows he can't get elected POTUS. He is smart so he obviously is neutering the GOP by splitting the power of the party. I think he will say he is being forced to go independent. The votes he draws away from the GOP will guarantee their defeat.

Works for me. I really think that is exactly what he is doing

Trump sees the USA going downhill; faster with the Democrats, slower with the Republicans.

It is possible. I doubt it though.

I am willing to bet that his run is almost purely based on narcissism. I do not think he is actually going to go third party though.

Here's one for ya, cons. Donald Trump. When he fails to get the Republican nomination, will he run as an independent? He raised his hand at the debate, indicating that he would not say that he wouldn't in the event he did not get the nomination.

What if . . . . Trump has Democratic interests at heart all along? What if he never had any intention of running for president on the Republican ticket? What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of the Republican party so that, when he runs as an independent, he will effectively split the Republican vote and insure the election of the Democratic candidate in the general election?

Far fetched? Perhaps. But he has espoused some pretty liberal positions in the past and has had known contacts with some rather high-ranking Democrats. Everyone pretty much agrees that he is a loose cannon. Enough of a loose cannon to pull off something like this?

Hmmmmmm?

Interesting thought George. But I don't think he's anywhere near smart enough to come up with this. Same reason I always discounted the "George Bush planned 9/11" theories.

But to actually carry that through would require work, and well over a year of it. That's well beyond his NAS (Narcissism Attention Span). IMO that's exactly why he's making his rhetorical farting noises now, when it's not even an election year. He gets to be a big fish in a small pond, logistically speaking.

Trump is too smart to actually believe he can win the white house. That leaves some unseen ulterior motive as yet undiscovered as to why he has tossed his hat in the ring.

Pure narcissism, as ever. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Hmmmmmm?

What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of both the Republican and Democratic parties, include the Independent party so that, when he runs as an Independent, he will effectively split the Republican and Democratic votes, garner the Independent vote and insure a win for the Independent in the general election?

Last edited:
Ross Perot did it for Bill. Trump can do it for Hillary. It is not far fetched.... it reeks of Stadard Opperating Procedure

Nah. Ross Perot did it for Ross Perot, just as Rump's doing his superficial silliness for Rump. Narcissists work for themselves; by definition they don't play well with others and most certainly don't soldier for others.

Hmmmmmm?

What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of both the Republican, Democratic and Independent parties so that, when he runs as an Independent, he will effectively split the Republican and Democratic votes, garner the Independent vote and insure a win for the Independent in the general election?

Agreed, with a modification: his intent is to split the GOP vote in order to ensure Hillary is elected.

Hmmmmmm?

Not far fetched at all. This is exactly why he is running.

Hmmmmmm?
I would say there is a slight possibility of that. Would a narcissist do all of that for another candidate? I don't believe so. But an interesting idea..

But then again, he could be so angry at the Establishment that he might do just that.

Last edited:

Hmmmmmm?

What if his intention is to raise a huge ruckus during the primary campaign, designed to appeal to enough of a segment of both the Republican and Democratic parties, include the Independent party so that, when he runs as an Independent, he will effectively split the Republican and Democratic votes, garner the Independent vote and insure a win for the Independent in the general election?

Agreed, with a modification: his intent is to split the GOP vote in order to ensure Hillary is elected.

That's what George said!

That's not what I said!

Forum List

Back