What Masks Cannot Stop

What that does not show, and what is crucial, is the structure of a mask itself.

Early in the #CoronaHoax2020, I put a genuine 3M-brand N95 mask under my microscope, and used a picture that I took to create this visualization.

The photograph is of an N95 mask, a much better mask than what most people have been wearing 7under the deception that doing so protects anyone from any virus. This was at a relatively low-magnification configuration of my microscope, and clearly shows gaps about fifty microns or so wide, in the structure of the mask. My microscope is capable of being configured for much higher magnification and resolution than used here, but is not cable, even in its most powerful configuration, of resolving anything as small as a #CoronaHoax virus. To create this visualization, I scaled the image up to the point that one pixel represented a square of about 0.2 of a micron, which is the upper edge of the range I have found for the size of a #CoronaHoax virus, and I colored one pixel red to represent a virus. I put a red circle around that pixel.

In the left panel, you can clearly see that circle, and see that even it represents a larger thing than the mask could reasonably be expected to filter out. The right panel is zoomed in to the point that you can clearly see the red pixel inside the circle, and see how much smaller it is than the circle. That dot, as I said, represents 0.2 of a micron, about the largest possible size for the #CoronaHoax virus.

View attachment 818610

Only because I am curios: What say this pictures? That pictures are nice?

WTF?
Most random coughs aren't due to an illness at all.
That's what I was referring to, just a random cough, in your direction, without their hand, covering their mouth.

I stated this earlier in several comments, masks HELP prevent a potential infection.
They don't eliminate the risks.

There is random coughing and I'm sick coughing.

Masks may limit risk, but the amount they limit it was sold as a false bill of goods, especially with the type of masks used mostly by people, the way they were worn, and the lack of viable air change numbers in the worst places for transmission.

There is random coughing and I'm sick coughing.

Masks may limit risk, but the amount they limit it was sold as a false bill of goods,
That's true, some people did, I'm not arguing.
especially with the type of masks used mostly by people, the way they were worn, and the lack of viable air change numbers in the worst places for transmission.
I wore dust mask while doing construction, you come in contact with insulation and fireproofing, wearing all kinds of dust mask N95 included, sometimes......... not.
Some are more effective than others.

However my original question remains.
Would you rather have a person cough in your direction WITH their hand covering their mouth or NOT covering their mouth with their hand?

That's true, some people did, I'm not arguing.

I wore dust mask while doing construction, you come in contact with insulation and fireproofing, wearing all kinds of dust mask N95 included, sometimes......... not.
Some are more effective than others.

However my original question remains.
Would you rather have a person cough in your direction WITH their hand covering their mouth or NOT covering their mouth with their hand?

You had to be fit tested to use that mask properly, as per OSHA regulations.

How many people got fit tested?

why are we talking about hands instead of masks now?

And the proper way is to cough into your elbow nook, because you touch other shit with your hands.

You had to be fit tested to use that mask properly, as per OSHA regulations.
Not really.
Those would be respirators, not dust mask.
How many people got fit tested?
why are we talking about hands instead of masks now?
Wrong.
My first post is #17.
And the proper way is to cough into your elbow nook, because you touch other shit with your hands.
Regardless.

Not really.
Those would be respirators, not dust mask.

Wrong.
My first post is #17.

Regardless.

If the employer requires the dust masks, OSHA's respiratory regs apply.

Not regardless if the purpose is to reduce risk of transmission.

If the employer requires the dust masks, OSHA's respiratory regs apply.
The MASK has to be OSHA approved, NOT the person using it.
MAYBE, if the person is union or on government Bacon-Davis job.
Not regardless if the purpose is to reduce risk of transmission.
That is my point.
Whether a person uses their elbow, foot, hair...............whatever to disrupt the your air going into oblivion.

The MASK has to be OSHA approved, NOT the person using it.
MAYBE, if the person is union or on government Bacon-Davis job.

That is my point.
Whether a person uses their elbow, foot, hair...............whatever to disrupt the your air going into oblivion.

The regulations apply, and that involves fit testing.

the disruption becomes moot after a given amount of time in an enclosed area without rigorous air change capability.

The regulations apply, and that involves fit testing.
Like I stated, those apply for respirators, usually for the jobs I stated and for hazardous materials locations.
the disruption becomes moot after a given amount of time in an enclosed area without rigorous air change capability.
No, it doesn't.
Screw the enclosed location, what about just passing someone on the sidewalk?
Would you rather have a cough interrupted by a hand covering their mouth, or not?

Like I stated, those apply for respirators, usually for the jobs I stated and for hazardous materials locations.

No, it doesn't.
Screw the enclosed location, what about just passing someone on the sidewalk?
Would you rather have a cough interrupted by a hand covering their mouth, or not?

Unless the cough right on you, you are PASSING them in the opposite direction.

My issue was masks were sold as perfect solutions to the problem, and that was bullshit.

In YOUR direction.

OK then.
If people believed that, it's their own peril.

People believed that because the government tried to sell them on that.

And anyone who brought up the limitations were castigated at length.

Masks became a talisman for the left, a poor functioning one at that.

You're right.
I guess, that was the cheapest way out, it gave people false hope.

I'm not arguing that.

Add that to the stigma attached to questioning masks, and it goes beyond efficacy, and you end up with idiots like that guy in the reaper costume at the beach.

Add that to the stigma attached to questioning masks,
It goes both ways.
Some claimed masks were totally useless.
Like I stated before, they are NOT.
They did, in my opinion give false hope, so people would actually be more reckless, because they thought a mask "protected" them.
and it goes beyond efficacy, and you end up with idiots like that guy in the reaper costume at the beach.

It goes both ways.
Some claimed masks were totally useless.
Like I stated before, they are NOT.
They did, in my opinion give false hope, so people would actually be more reckless, because they thought a mask "protected" them.

Used as they were by most people they were next to useless.

The net election is coming. We know the drill. Mail in voting will give the progs control. At least we will all end up suffering when it is over. And the compassion will be minimal.

Forum List

Back