What Makes Poor People Poor? - Special Segment

well i sure can give you one way to NOT be poor....

getting millions of dollars from your rich daddy to start life out with.

like donny got from fred.
please stay on topic

i thought i was.
no it was an incoherent rant by a kool-aid drinker

actually what i said is factually true. the only lie about what i said was the amount trump claimed he got from fred.

well i sure can give you one way to NOT be poor....

getting millions of dollars from your rich daddy to start life out with.

like donny got from fred.
please stay on topic

i thought i was.
no it was an incoherent rant by a kool-aid drinker

actually what i said is factually true. the only lie about what i said was the amount trump claimed he got from fred.
we arent talking about trump

In every society, half will be above average, half will be below
There will also be the lower 20 percent who will struggle to compete

It used to be that 20 percent could fill low skilled jobs that paid enough to support you. Those jobs no longer do

There is also the luck of the draw

Some are born wealthy and will succeed regardless of how inept or lazy they are
Others are born in poverty. No family connections, no wealthy friends, no generational wealth, no safety net if they screw up. Their threashold of success is limited

Link didn't work for me.

The question is not: What makes poor people poor? It is: Is there any way to avoid being poor?

To paraphrase Ben Shapiro, (1) finish high school, (2) get a job (any job), and (3) don't have kids before you get married. If you do those three things, there is a very small chance you will be poor initially and remain poor.

Many factors can make "middle class" people poor:

Death of a spouse,
Medical bills,
Other personal catastrophe,
Having kids and no husband,
Not having a job,
Substance abuse.

Lord knows, starting life as an "emancipated single adult" today can put you behind the 8-ball. I pity people who don't have any family to help them get started. (Although my family gave me squat).

Glad I'm past that stage of my life.
A President who decides to FORCE people into a healthcare system they never wanted, or pay a hefty fine. Or necessarily skyrocket energy prices so people have less to buy food with. Or lower interest rates so peoples savings dont make a dime, but the uber wealthy elites can borrow FREE money to artificial inflate the stock market(I do thank Obama for that, I did use some of that free money to make a couple million).

A lack of equal protection of the law causes poor people to stay poor.

Where Is The Outrage Over Corporate Welfare?

off topic,,,start your own thread if you want to discuss that

nothing but fallacy is all you have. you must be on the right wing.

but I didnt say anything,,,

What makes people poor?

A lack of equal protection of the law causes poor people to stay poor.

Where Is The Outrage Over Corporate Welfare?

off topic,,,start your own thread if you want to discuss that

nothing but fallacy is all you have. you must be on the right wing.

but I didnt say anything,,,

What makes people poor?

if you watch the video you might figure that out

Link didn't work for me.

The question is not: What makes poor people poor? It is: Is there any way to avoid being poor?

To paraphrase Ben Shapiro, (1) finish high school, (2) get a job (any job), and (3) don't have kids before you get married. If you do those three things, there is a very small chance you will be poor initially and remain poor.

Death of a spouse,
Medical bills,
Other personal catastrophe,
Having kids and no husband,
Not having a job,
Substance abuse.

Lord knows, starting life as an "emancipated single adult" today can put you behind the 8-ball. I pity people who don't have any family to help them get started. (Although my family gave me squat).

Glad I'm past that stage of my life.
A President who decides to FORCE people into a healthcare system they never wanted, or pay a hefty fine. Or necessarily skyrocket energy prices so people have less to buy food with. Or lower interest rates so peoples savings dont make a dime, but the uber wealthy elites can borrow FREE money to artificial inflate the stock market(I do thank Obama for that, I did use some of that free money to make a couple million).
never underestimate a kool-aid drinker

The word "makes" indicates that the economic status is out of their control. Why can't we celebrate the fact that anyone can get rich in the greatest Country in the world? There are tens of thousands of examples of (legal) immigrants coming to the U.S. with a couple of dollars in their pockets and becoming successful. Stop in a Chinese restaurant for an example of how hard they work. Clarence Thomas is perhaps the greatest example of a smart Black kid who overcame bias and bigotry to become a Supreme Court Justice but strangely enough democrats hate him for it. The dirty little secret is that democrats thrive on poverty and economic unrest and that's why they encourage illegal immigration and the poverty that goes along with it.

Poor people are generally poor because they want to be poor. Their only complaint is, they aren't paid more for being poor.

The word "makes" indicates that the economic status is out of their control. Why can't we celebrate the fact that anyone can get rich in the greatest Country in the world? There are tens of thousands of examples of (legal) immigrants coming to the U.S. with a couple of dollars in their pockets and becoming successful. Stop in a Chinese restaurant for an example of how hard they work. Clarence Thomas is perhaps the greatest example of a smart Black kid who overcame bias and bigotry to become a Supreme Court Justice but strangely enough democrats hate him for it. The dirty little secret is that democrats thrive on poverty and economic unrest and that's why they encourage illegal immigration and the poverty that goes along with it.
While anyone “can” get Rich

Most don’t. While there once was a predictable path to move from poverty to middle class...that path has been disrupted

There are many missing rungs in the ladder to success as the availability of career type jobs is diminishing

Let this 85 year old who has forgotten more than you will ever know blow the op up.
1) .The Uber wealthy run the show. No use crying about it. Always been this way.
2) "anyone can get rich" rhetoric isnt true. Unless you are born into it the odds of becoming rich are .000000001. get over it
3) most people will have to work really hard....to scrape by. All the hard work one can muster will help one survive. This isntisa bad thing. Most people luvelpaycheck to paycheck. Fact.
4) .Dont ever trust someone who says being poor in america is better than the rest. Buff said.
I could go on....another 50 addends.

Let this 85 year old who has forgotten more than you will ever know blow the op up.
1) .The Uber wealthy run the show. No use crying about it. Always been this way.
2) "anyone can get rich" rhetoric isnt true. Unless you are born into it the odds of becoming rich are .000000001. get over it
3) most people will have to work really hard....to scrape by. All the hard work one can muster will help one survive. This isntisa bad thing. Most people luvelpaycheck to paycheck. Fact.
4) .Dont ever trust someone who says being poor in america is better than the rest. Buff said.
considering how much you've forgotten and what you just said, you might want to quit talking out loud ,,,men in white coats might come a calling

Nobody cares about the poor becoming rich......it is an anomaly

The problem with our society is the poor reaching lower middle class. The ability of the middle class to obtain the American Dream is much more difficult than when we were kids.

The middle class has been crippled since Reagan

Forum List

Back