What makes Netflix or Fire Stick better than Cable?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I watch these channels on Cable so does it make sense for me to get Fire stick or Netflix?

Nick@Nite
TNT
TBS
TV Land
Antenna TV
TV One
CBS
NBC
ABC
LOGO
ESPN
ESPN2

I have netflix and not cable. No commercials and it only costs me 12 dollars a month. Check it out man. It's got tons of stuff you will like.

I have netflix and not cable. No commercials and it only costs me 12 dollars a month. Check it out man. It's got tons of stuff you will like.

Do I get the channels that I listed above

Ok here it is.

netflix.png

You can see on the menu it has many categories to choose from. It's not perfect but it's pretty cool for 12 dollars. Plus you and your wife/GF can each have an account to watch different things at the same time free.

Ok here it is.

View attachment 130902

You can see on the menu it has many categories to choose from. It's not perfect but it's pretty cool for 12 dollars. Plus you and your wife/GF can each have an account to watch different things at the same time free.

is it just movies?

Ok here it is.

View attachment 130902

is it just movies?
No, it's got documentaries, Stand up, TV series, cable series. Old movies, new movies, etc. Like I said, 12 bucks and you can't beat it.

I watch TV streaming Youtube through a Wii U. Cost nothing..
Sling TV offers all the channels you desire FBJ for half the cost of cable...

Trouble I had with cable is sitting there realizing I'm paying a lot of dough for programs endlessly interrupted by commercials. At my age sitting through a show is tough enough without falling asleep. Toss in 4 or 5 minutes straight of commercials and forget it. DVR's are helpful but after a while I saw them too as just more costs and not worth the inconvenience over subscription providers.

Depending on location, you can put up an inexpensive TV antenna and pull in locals and networks. I get 32 over the air channels off a $30 antenna in the attic.

As well I have a roku, Netflix and sling. Still half the cost of cable and not worried that cost will go up monthly.

Trouble I had with cable is sitting there realizing I'm paying a lot of dough for programs endlessly interrupted by commercials. At my age sitting through a show is tough enough without falling asleep. Toss in 4 or 5 minutes straight of commercials and forget it. DVR's are helpful but after a while I saw them too as just more costs and not worth the inconvenience over subscription providers.
We had cable, and one day I decided to can it. I was watching some movie and counted 11 commercials on every break 15 minutes apart.

We had cable, and one day I decided to can it. I was watching some movie and counted 11 commercials on every break 15 minutes apart.

Watch a one hour show from the networks on Netflix and it's over in 42 minutes.

There's no sports though. I did the netflix only thing for a while, but that got old really fast. The movie selection isn't the greatest either. Watching things on youtube is equally lame, how many talking head videos can a person watch anyway?

There just isn't a replacement for cable...yet.

There's no sports though. I did the netflix only thing for a while, but that got old really fast. The movie selection isn't the greatest either. Watching things on youtube is equally lame, how many talking head videos can a person watch anyway?

Is the movie selection better on cable than Netflix or Amazon?

Live sports is the biggest disadvantage to streaming I can think of. As someone else pointed out, if you get reception in your area, a cheap antenna will get you the basic networks for live sports, though.

I watch TV streaming Youtube through a Wii U. Cost nothing..
Sling TV offers all the channels you desire FBJ for half the cost of cable...

Where do I get Sling TV and how much it?

People was making it seem like Netflix was better cable

It's not like cable. You just scroll through it all and pick what you want to see. Or search for something like "westerns" or 'Dramas", and just watch it. It's hard to beat for the cost. I think you can even sign up for a month and if you don't like, drop it with no charge.

It's not. I have both. I really wish Netflix was good enough to replace it because I do hate paying for Directv.

It's not like cable. You just scroll through it all and pick what you want to see. Or search for something like "westerns" or 'Dramas", and just watch it. It's hard to beat for the cost. I think you can even sign up for a month and if you don't like, drop it with no charge.

The cost is irrelevant if it's not better than what I have with Cable

The cost is irrelevant if it's not better than what I have with Cable
All you can do to decide that is get for a month and see if you like it.

Forum List

Back