What little known movie do you adore?

Death Race 2000

A young Sly Stallone and a young-ish Bill from Kill Bill in a car race across the country, scoring points by mowing down pedestrians.

So, you're telling us you have an infatuation with post apocalyptic movies. Explains a few things!:laugh:

:lol:

It is a genre that I enjoy - particularly the real weird ones from the 70s.

Yeah, I have always been a fan of the Mad Max series, The Book of Eli was good too. Of the old movies i would have to say Omega Man is my favorite, though Night of the Comet is a hoot too. Doomsday is a more recent production but I love the dinner scene..The Fine Young Cannibals was the perfect music for the scene!

Doomsday was ok - I was a little let down, it wasn't quite as good as I hoped it would be.

Although it's always nice to see Bob Hoskins, and Malcolm McDowell is pretty much the king of weird, low budget sci-fi movies.

Bob Hoskins was always one of my favorite actors. The Long Good Friday is a master class of acting. And what more can be said about McDowell? He's been in every type of freaky movie, and nailed the roles in all of them.

Now I am reminded of that 1955 tarantula movie, we always had weird stuff on television in Chicago on Sundays. I still like it

Death Race 2000

A young Sly Stallone and a young-ish Bill from Kill Bill in a car race across the country, scoring points by mowing down pedestrians.

So, you're telling us you have an infatuation with post apocalyptic movies. Explains a few things!:laugh:

Yeah, I have always been a fan of the Mad Max series, The Book of Eli was good too. Of the old movies i would have to say Omega Man is my favorite, though Night of the Comet is a hoot too. Doomsday is a more recent production but I love the dinner scene..The Fine Young Cannibals was the perfect music for the scene!

Doomsday was ok - I was a little let down, it wasn't quite as good as I hoped it would be.

Although it's always nice to see Bob Hoskins, and Malcolm McDowell is pretty much the king of weird, low budget sci-fi movies.

Bob Hoskins was always one of my favorite actors. The Long Good Friday is a master class of acting. And what more can be said about McDowell? He's been in every type of freaky movie, and nailed the roles in all of them.

The Long Good Friday is great fucking movie.

The Long Good Friday is great fucking movie.

Yeppers. One of my top 10 of all time.

The old one or remake? I couldn't stand the remake, it was dumb.

Couldn't agree more. The remake sucked and I was so looking forward to it. Leave it to Hollyweird to screw up a good story line with PC BS.

iu

Some interesting ones listed here that I'll have to check into.

Also one I've seen and forgotten about, Black Like Me. That's been good awhile ago, I'll have to look for it. Also had to IMDB it, I could remember the actor's face but not his name... James Whitmore, he was a good one. Images of him in some other roles are popping into my head.

I can see Bible selling connection to Paper Moon, that was quite popular. Paper Moon, The Sting, and The Flim-Flam Man are some of those I think of when it comes to movies about con artists.

The Flim-Flam Man is quite light-hearted and it took me a while to find it over the years to watch again. Another one that turned up on YouTube. Good old George C Scott. I was a good bit younger when I first saw it. Kind of wondered if I'd enjoy it after all this time and taking it for what it is I was indeed entertained.

Fortunately I did not see the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still. Couldn't see how they could do the original justice.

Last edited:
Some interesting ones listed here that I'll have to check into.

Also one I've seen and forgotten about, Black Like Me. That's been good awhile ago, I'll have to look for it. Also had to IMDB it, I could remember the actor's face but not his name... James Whitmore, he was a good one. Images of him in some other roles are popping into my head.

I can see Bible selling connection to Paper Moon, that was quite popular. Paper Moon, The Sting, and The Flim-Flam Man are some of those I think of when it comes to movies about con artists.

The Flim-Flam Man is quite light-hearted and it took me a while to find it over the years to watch again. Another one that turned up on YouTube. Good old George C Scott. I as a good bit younger when I first saw it. Kind of wondered if I'd enjoy it after all this time and taking it for what it is I was indeed entertained.

They are all getting less well known as time goes by and no remakes or sequells..i had film study in high school and my teacher played the ones I never seen since, like on the water front..with Brando

My favorite is the documentary Salesman (1969). Nice to see those cars again and revisit life back in that era.

From IMDB:
Four relentless door-to-door salesmen deal with constant rejection, homesickness and inevitable burnout as they go across the country selling very expensive bibles to low-income Catholic families.
I've watched it multiple times over the years and found it on YouTube last night.

R-Point

It's set in the Vietnam War, with Korean troops who have to go looking for some other guys in a place where no one goes.

r-point.jpg

screen-shot-2015-07-24-at-14-49-06.png

Its not little known but was a “little” movie in terms of budget—most of the actors worked for scale as I recall hearing. Sandra Bullock paid her own way to get to the set. The director used his own house and car for some scenes…it was made for $6M in 36 days. And you don’t hear about it much any more.

The movie is from 2004 and it is called Crash

Terrence Howard of Empire
Thandie Newton of Westworld
Brendan Frasier of The Mummy
Sandra Bullock
Matt Dillon
Ryan Phillipe
Ludacris
Keith David (or is it David Keith)
Tony Danza
etcetera etcetera

And I haven’t even mentioned some of the actors who have the best parts/lines yet.

It is a landmark film about race and stereotyping in the US in a post 9/11 world.

Forum List

Back