What little known movie do you adore?

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
My favorite is the documentary Salesman (1969). Nice to see those cars again and revisit life back in that era.

From IMDB:
Four relentless door-to-door salesmen deal with constant rejection, homesickness and inevitable burnout as they go across the country selling very expensive bibles to low-income Catholic families.
I've watched it multiple times over the years and found it on YouTube last night.

A Soviet (Georgian) movie where an old lady asks everybody: "Will this road take me to the church?" and always receives an answer: "No, this particular road is not taking you to the church." And so on and on. At the end of the movie the lady says: "Why would anybody need a road if it doesn't take you to the church?"

Several years ago I thought this movie didn't make any sense. Now I can see it makes a lot of sense...

My favorite is the documentary Salesman (1969). Nice to see those cars again and revisit life back in that era.

From IMDB:
Four relentless door-to-door salesmen deal with constant rejection, homesickness and inevitable burnout as they go across the country selling very expensive bibles to low-income Catholic families.
I've watched it multiple times over the years and found it on YouTube last night.

Oh, there are a lot of them:

Twilight of the Golds is one of them. It’s a complex story about a test that will tell if your unborn child will be born homosexual and (at the time it was not acceptable)the centerpiece of the movie. It stars a young Brendan Frasier and Jennifer Beals.

Unhook the Stars is another. An aging woman is asked to take care of her grandchild and realizes that her son is basically using her as a nanny. Great ending.

One day in September is a gripping gritty documentary about the terrorist attack at the 1972 Summer Olympics. Not to be missed. Narrated by Michael Douglas.

Rachael Getting Married starring Anne Hathaway….

From IMDB:

Paper moon...Ryan and Tatum O'Neil [sp]

and I don't know if it qualifies as "little known" since the actors in it [Andrew McCarthy, kevin or matt dillon, patrick dempsy,] [donald sutherland was also in it] mostly made it big after the movie but "Heaven Help Us"...just love it, reminds me of my time in Catholic school almost exactly.

This is a tough one. There are so many. Probably Theirs is the Glory. A truly terrible film, but it was done on the battleground, the year after the actual battle was fought, and they used the actual soldiers portraying their actions from the battle. Add in all of the original equipment from the battle that was still operational and it is a winner for a kid.

THEIRS-IS-THE-GLORY-Truesdale-David-Smith-Allan.jpg

Death Race 2000

A young Sly Stallone and a young-ish Bill from Kill Bill in a car race across the country, scoring points by mowing down pedestrians.

So, you're telling us you have an infatuation with post apocalyptic movies. Explains a few things!:laugh:

I don't think its an unknown..but it was not all that, either. Still..its a neat little movie and very cute....Family Man with Nick Cage.

Death Race 2000

A young Sly Stallone and a young-ish Bill from Kill Bill in a car race across the country, scoring points by mowing down pedestrians.

So, you're telling us you have an infatuation with post apocalyptic movies. Explains a few things!:laugh:

:lol:

It is a genre that I enjoy - particularly the real weird ones from the 70s.

ZULU , and the RUSSIAN made 'come and see' and then the Russian made 'STALINGRAD' and then others . I think 'A Boy and his Dog' already mentioned is good .

Death Race 2000

Yeah, I have always been a fan of the Mad Max series, The Book of Eli was good too. Of the old movies i would have to say Omega Man is my favorite, though Night of the Comet is a hoot too. Doomsday is a more recent production but I love the dinner scene..The Fine Young Cannibals was the perfect music for the scene!

Death Race 2000

Yeah, I have always been a fan of the Mad Max series, The Book of Eli was good too. Of the old movies i would have to say Omega Man is my favorite, though Night of the Comet is a hoot too. Doomsday is a more recent production but I love the dinner scene..The Fine Young Cannibals was the perfect music for the scene!

Doomsday was ok - I was a little let down, it wasn't quite as good as I hoped it would be.

Although it's always nice to see Bob Hoskins, and Malcolm McDowell is pretty much the king of weird, low budget sci-fi movies.

Forum List

Back