What laws did Cain break?

Oh goodie...Cain is a lech, but at least he is a law abiding lech, right conservatives?

He didn't appear to break any of man's laws, but I thought he was a Christian. Don't Christians have their own laws about a married man exhibiting this kind of behavior?

The law that when you run for president you make sure that you have a good staff and that you identify in advance as many possible gotcha moments as you can and have a good plan in place for dealing with them.

Just like he knew in 2003 that someone running for high office should do. But he opted not to do it this time around.

Pretty serious law to break for someone who is running for president.

Didnt seem to be a problem with Clinton in 92

That was different though.

Apparently, Clinton survived the accusations. If Cain can't handle his response properly, or if for whatever reason, these allegations stick and hurt his campaign, then it is what it is. It's not the media's or Democrats' fault. What happened to personal responsibility? I thought the right lived by that mantra. :eusa_eh:

None.

Much ado about nothing that happened around 15 years ago.

Touchy-feely is not a crime.

Presidents like Bush and Clinton routinely put their hands on other-heads-of state at summits etc...................
..... Both Cain and his chief of staff, Mark Block, continued to imply their campaign is a target of a Democratic and media conspiracy—though their evidence didn't always withstand scrutiny.

In an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity, Block said the campaign had "confirmed" that Kraushaar was related to a reporter at Politico, which first reported the sexual harassment allegations against Cain almost two weeks ago.

"We've confirmed he does indeed work at Politico, and that's his mother, yes," Block told Hannity.

Block appeared to be referring to Josh Kraushaar, a former political reporter for Politico who left the publication in June 2010 to work for National Journal's Hotline. But he said in a message on Twitter that he's not related to Cain's accuser.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...campaign-tries-contain-scandal-153623543.html
Given that John McCain (2000) and John Kerry (2004) both had their military service in Vietnam trashed by Ted Sampley, a Bush operative, during the Republican Primary and the presidential campaigns, Herman Cain should have been prepared for when his past harrassment settlement at the NRA surfaced.

Many of Cain's problems stem, not from the accusations, but his changing and often contradictory statements that bring his judgement and leadership skills into question.

Cain complains about the "unsubstantiated" claims made by the 4 women, but he and his campaign have also made equally "unsubstantiated" claims against both Rick Perry and Ms Kraushaar.

Last edited:
None.

Presidents like Bush and Clinton routinely put their hands on other-heads-of state at summits etc...................
Given that John McCain (2000) and John Kerry (2004) both had their military service in Vietnam by Ted Sampley, a Bush operative, Herman Cain should have been prepared for when his harrassment settlement at the NRA surfaced.

Many of Cain's problems stem, not from the accusations, but his changing and often contradictory statements that bring his judgement and leadership skills into question.

Cain complains about the "unsubstantiated" claims made by the 4 women, but he and his campaign have made "unsubstantiated" claims against Rick Perry and

even though you didn't finish the sentence, I agree with the sentiment.

That was different though.

Apparently, Clinton survived the accusations. If Cain can't handle his response properly, or if for whatever reason, these allegations stick and hurt his campaign, then it is what it is. It's not the media's or Democrats' fault. What happened to personal responsibility? I thought the right lived by that mantra. :eusa_eh:

If Cain was sexually harassing these women and handled this, I still wouldn't want him for president.

None.

Given that John McCain (2000) and John Kerry (2004) both had their military service in Vietnam by Ted Sampley, a Bush operative, Herman Cain should have been prepared for when his harrassment settlement at the NRA surfaced.

Cain complains about the "unsubstantiated" claims made by the 4 women, but he and his campaign have made "unsubstantiated" claims against Rick Perry and

Then there's the latest BS from Cain's campaign.

Mark Block, Cain's Chief-Of-Staff, Falsely 'Confirms' Accuser's Son Works For POLITICO [UPDATED]

Herman Cain's campaign may want to verify facts before confirming anything on television.

Mark Block, Cain's chief-of-staff, spoke to Sean Hannity on Fox News Tuesday, and wrongly claimed that the son of a woman who accused Cain of sexual harassment in the 1990s works at POLITICO.

"At the press conference it was brought up that Karen Kraushaar had come out as one of the women, so we've come to find out that her son works at POLITICO, the organization that originally put this story out," Block said.

When Hannity asked if the information about Kraushaar's "son" was confirmed, Block said: "We've confirmed that he does indeed work at POLITICO and that's his mother, yes."

Josh Kraushaar, the man Block appears to be talking about, denied these claims. On Tuesday, Kraushaar posted numerous messages on his Twitter page that refuted Block's "confirmed" allegations.

Kraushaar acknowledged working at POLITICO from 2007 to 2010, but said he had been at the National Journal for over a year. His Twitter bio lists his current job title as the executive editor of the publication's blog The Hotline. He's also not related to Cain's accuser.

"For a presidential spokesman to go on TV and make up blatant falsehoods doesn't speak well for his boss, either," Kraushaar wrote.

:lol::lol::lol:

Claimed by the media? I love it... 5 women have come out and accused him. But it's the Media that's doing it.

You folk really do live in your own little world, don't you?

Now... I am not saying he's guilty... I have no idea whether he did those things or not. But You fuckers have him anointed as lily white without the facts coming out. Typical Conservative Bullshit.

As I said... when the Weiner thing came out(no pun intended), I said(and you can look back if you want) something to the effect of... If he did this, he should resign, but I want to know the facts before I make a judgment.

You numbnuts can't be that honest and forthright... You will defend him to the nth degree.

The Media plays a huge part in this.
Were they investigating this on their own,
if so for how long?...Were they led around by the nose to these women.
Did they sit on this story just waiting for whenever Cain got just the right amount of attention so it would do the most damage.

The media is really getting a big bang for a little buck spent here.
They throw out a lot of stuff that gets a bunch of people talking and then sit back and watch the circus...

The media is huge in this event. :(

No criminal charges were ever considered. This whole thing is bullshit. Females who have genuinely suffered from sexual predators do not take a settlement, they take it to court. Simple. No guy could pay me enough not to have my day in court if there was a genuine reason. This is no more than crap.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I have no idea whether Bialek's claims are true, but the fact that they went unreported hardly renders them implausible. According to the USDOJ, 74% of sexual assaults against females are never reported to the police: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsarp00.pdf.

I worry that people who feel the need to defend one man, Cain, are misrepresenting the overall dangers of sexual harassment and discouraging victims from coming forward.

This is all about getting as much slime on the guy as possible.
Make him dirty.When Ginrich starts to get some attention his way the media
will go after him...

What laws did Cain break?

The law that when you run for president you make sure that you have a good staff and that you identify in advance as many possible gotcha moments as you can and have a good plan in place for dealing with them.

Just like he knew in 2003 that someone running for high office should do. But he opted not to do it this time around.

Pretty serious law to break for someone who is running for president.

correct....clinton had great people in his campaign who were able to deal with all these issues quickly.......

unlike cain......

eta: well, maybe not "great" but very capable........

No criminal charges were ever considered. This whole thing is bullshit. Females who have genuinely suffered from sexual predators do not take a settlement, they take it to court. Simple. No guy could pay me enough not to have my day in court if there was a genuine reason. This is no more than crap.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I have no idea whether Bialek's claims are true, but the fact that they went unreported hardly renders them implausible. According to the USDOJ, 74% of sexual assaults against females are never reported to the police: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsarp00.pdf.

I worry that people who feel the need to defend one man, Cain, are misrepresenting the overall dangers of sexual harassment and discouraging victims from coming forward.

Oh shit! Now you done it:eek:....Sowing up Englishgurl on this Message Board is a NO-NO!!!!!! The punishment will be severe!!!!!! :lol:

I have worked in large law firms many years ago and saw the advances men of power make on women. Many women get a kick out of it and many give in and wanted to give in. But when the women want to cut it off and end the affair that is when the men use their power to keep them doing the sex. If they don't they get fired for some reason. Not saying this is what Cain did or didn't do but anyone that believes that this does not go on a lot all over is naive as they come. I saw this many times and it is worse than ugly.
The woman that came forward today is more than credible. Cain is history. The rumor and innuendo down this way for a long time is that he is/was a large skirt chaser. A man and his wife, married at the time, told me years ago he solicited her at a religous gathering of some sort in Marietta, Ga. The man was a preacher also. Later I learned she may have actually had an affair with Cain after they were divorced. This was before he was involved in politics in any way.
Sad that many on both sides of the aisle condone this kind of thing. Real men do not stand for it and oppose it.

None.

Probably no criminal laws. If accusations are true - civil liability. Do you understand the difference?

Forum List

Back