What Job Did You REALLY Want?

That's wonderful! Whaca do?

I was a lawyer and I LOVED it. There just is no bad impulse you cannot give full reign to whilst practicing law. I especially enjoyed pricking hot air balloons. But alas, litigation is a young person's job. Eventually, a body wears out.

I also think I'd have liked anything creative. Graphic designer, landscape architect, etc. Unfortunately, I lack the requisite artistic nature.

My official job title is Semiconductor Device Physicist. I do a lot of contract work. My heyday was in the 80s and 90s.

mind the holes

:eusa_whistle:

I was a lawyer and I LOVED it. There just is no bad impulse you cannot give full reign to whilst practicing law. I especially enjoyed pricking hot air balloons. But alas, litigation is a young person's job. Eventually, a body wears out.

I also think I'd have liked anything creative. Graphic designer, landscape architect, etc. Unfortunately, I lack the requisite artistic nature.

My official job title is Semiconductor Device Physicist. I do a lot of contract work. My heyday was in the 80s and 90s.

I go for fifty years and never meet a physicist, and now I know three? You aren't the man from Pittsburgh I dated are you, xsited1? If not, do you know him? Does he still miss me? God he was cute......

LOL.

*Winks*

christmas_wallpaper_12.jpg

I wanted to be a singer. I had the voice for it, just not the confidence or strength to survive the industry. I've had a pretty good life since getting out of my mother's clutches - never made much money - but I sure have three great children!

I wanted to be a singer. I had the voice for it, just not the confidence or strength to survive the industry. I've had a pretty good life since getting out of my mother's clutches - never made much money - but I sure have three great children!

Jazz? Blues? Folk?

I had you pegged as an artistic type, Granny. I am rather esp-y that-a-way.

I know exactly what ya mean. I did not start law school until my kidlet was in the first grade. By the time she was in Middle School, I was traveling extensively to litigate, but rarely gone more than one night. In her High School years, I was gone for weeks at a time, only seeing her on weekends.

I can't remember any of those assignments in detail, but I do remember the sadness in her little face when I skipped Christmas morning because I had to work. Almost every year.

Litigation is The Job That Ate My Life. I'm delighted I did it and I will not do it again.

Ever thought about teaching instead goldcatt? Doesn't have to be law school level to pay the bills; even a Business Law Instructor at a Community College might be able to...and the hours are fantabulous.

Teaching at the CC level is one I've thought about a lot and I think I'd love it. I have CVs in with a few locally, but there haven't been any openings lately. I live in the depressed hillbilly sticks, whatever I do will probably require a move so I'm casting a broad net. One of these days something good will come up, until then hey - it could be a lot worse. A lot of people don't have a job at all.

I know exactly what ya mean. I did not start law school until my kidlet was in the first grade. By the time she was in Middle School, I was traveling extensively to litigate, but rarely gone more than one night. In her High School years, I was gone for weeks at a time, only seeing her on weekends.

I can't remember any of those assignments in detail, but I do remember the sadness in her little face when I skipped Christmas morning because I had to work. Almost every year.

Litigation is The Job That Ate My Life. I'm delighted I did it and I will not do it again.

Ever thought about teaching instead goldcatt? Doesn't have to be law school level to pay the bills; even a Business Law Instructor at a Community College might be able to...and the hours are fantabulous.

Teaching at the CC level is one I've thought about a lot and I think I'd love it. I have CVs in with a few locally, but there haven't been any openings lately. I live in the depressed hillbilly sticks, whatever I do will probably require a move so I'm casting a broad net. One of these days something good will come up, until then hey - it could be a lot worse. A lot of people don't have a job at all.

Many don't have a houseful of little beauties either goldcatt. I envy you....that was the single most satisfying part of my life, parenting.

Off topic but goldcatt reminded me of this. Years ago, the local NPR station would have someone read the daily newspaper for their blind audience. I called them up and volunteered to read the daily comics. LOL I was serious. Imagine the challenge in that.

Ok carry on...

I plannned on being a Renaissance Man.

Little did I realize that that calling really doesn't pay so well.

I go for fifty years and never meet a physicist, and now I know three? You aren't the man from Pittsburgh I dated are you, xsited1? If not, do you know him? Does he still miss me? God he was cute......

LOL.

*Winks*

I'm afraid not. I've spent most of my time West of the Mississippi. What kind of Physicist was he?

mind the holes

:eusa_whistle:

Is this a semiconductor physics joke? Is this in reference to an absence of an electron? You know, it always fascinated me that the mobility of holes is different from that of electrons. I'm sure it fascinated you as well.

When i was a kid i wanted Captian Kirks job, I'd still take it if the space trip came about. To go out and explore the outer reaches of space what a job.

Yea, Kirk had a cool job. That was such a great show for its time, froggy. I STILL hope someday I'll get me a tribble.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTs7zzharg]YouTube - The Trouble With Tribbles[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bDq8ktcNVs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bDq8ktcNVs[/ame]

Last edited:
Jillian, the world still needs a female huckster a la Billie Mays. It is simply amazing what can be earned by someone with a Great Voice. I bet you're pretty enough to be a QVC on-air hostess.

Forum List

Back