What it means to be a moderate

Most moderates just spend an inordinate amount of time trying to be all things to all people rather than standing on principal.

That's 180 degrees of wrong in typewritten form.

The point is that a moderate / independent / centrist decides issue by issue what they believe - and sticks to it - DESPITE what the other side says. That's holding fast to principles.

Sounds like you have a strong position and believe that if others dont bend your way then they're wrong. I could be wrong about that, but just letting you know how you sound.

It's harder to be an independent than someone who just scarfs down and spits back out what one side or the other makes you think.

Ahhh.. so you're smarter. I could be wrong about that, but just letting you know how you sound.

The point is that a moderate / independent / centrist decides issue by issue what they believe - and sticks to it - DESPITE what the other side says. That's holding fast to principles.
Or it could just mean they enjoy the same confirmation bias as everyone else.

What makes you think conservatives and liberals don't decide issues by what they believe and stick to it despite what the other side says?

Because that's the whole point with STICKING TO THE PARTY LINE!!!

A moderate / independent / centrist realizes that on some issues the Republicans get it right...and on some issues they don't. They get that Democrats might really understand and legislate one area well...and others not so much.

Every day/hour/minute I come on here I see mindless posts about "Repugs dont like the facts!!" or "Libtards just dont want the truth!"...bullshit. Both sides NEVER get it right 100% of the time.

So why the brainless allegiance to one side or the other? Because it gives you somewhere to belong..and it gives you an evil devil to scrutinize.

You can say "oh but I dont believe everything (insert your side) says!! I just lean with them on the majority of the issues." Good for you.You're on the right path as long as you dont make any statements about how the other side always gets it wrong.

I think being a moderate means that by sticking to the middle road you are allowing the left and the right to deterimine what your position will be rather than thinking for yourself.
:lol: Vanquish negged me for this post. Said it was insulting. :lol:

I nominate Vanquish for USMB's Most Thinskinned.

Or it could just mean they enjoy the same confirmation bias as everyone else.

What makes you think conservatives and liberals don't decide issues by what they believe and stick to it despite what the other side says?

Because that's the whole point with STICKING TO THE PARTY LINE!!!

A moderate / independent / centrist realizes that on some issues the Republicans get it right...and on some issues they don't. They get that Democrats might really understand and legislate one area well...and others not so much.

Every day/hour/minute I come on here I see mindless posts about "Repugs dont like the facts!!" or "Libtards just dont want the truth!"...bullshit. Both sides NEVER get it right 100% of the time.

So why the brainless allegiance to one side or the other? Because it gives you somewhere to belong..and it gives you an evil devil to scrutinize.

You can say "oh but I dont believe everything (insert your side) says!! I just lean with them on the majority of the issues." Good for you.You're on the right path as long as you dont make any statements about how the other side always gets it wrong.
Oh, you were talking about political parties. I was talking about liberals and conservatives.

I think being a moderate means that by sticking to the middle road you are allowing the left and the right to deterimine what your position will be rather than thinking for yourself.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
manifold negged me for nominating Vanquish as USMB's Most Thinskinned.
Said it was whining to laugh at neg rep.

Perhaps he thinks he himself deserves the nomination?

:lol::lol::lol:

Political Labels --What people who don't want to have to study too hard use instead of using their brains to think about the issues.

:rofl:

My comment was 'neg for whining about neg rep' ;)

Complete with the wink smiley and all...

Clearly you should nominate yourself for most thin skinned. :cool:

If I nominate you for Most Defensive will you feel better?

:lol:

If I nominate you for Most Defensive will you feel better?

:lol:

Actually, I'd much prefer Most Offensive :eusa_angel:

A "moderate" is someone who is either too ignorant to take a stand on a political issue or too timid to voice an opinion that might not be popular with fellow ignorant moderates.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
A "moderate" is someone who is either too ignorant to take a stand on a political issue or too timid to voice an opinion that might not be popular with fellow ignorant moderates.

Fail.

Moderates take a stand on every issue.

:lol: He's just being moderate....bwahahahahaha!

:lol: He's just being moderate....bwahahahahaha!

Methinks he neg reps because he's a closet moderator wannabe.

Forum List

Back