What is your national sport?

WE have many sports in the US..

Baseball
Football
Basketball
Hockey
Soccer (football everywhere else)

The time of year can depict which sport is most popular.

I'm from America, where Baseball is the National pastime.

I don't think the kids these days play baseball like we did when I was a kid.

We used to get the whole neighborhood together for unofficial almost-full team games on Saturday AMs.

7-8 players per team is enough to play.

Seriously, you used to have to ride around on your bike confirming who's gonna play tomorrow on Friday night.

I love most all sports.....football being # 1.

In America there is no one sport to make that claim.
It used to be Baseball, but not for a long time now.
Football comes closest nationwide, with Hockey having big time fanhood in certain parts of the country.

In America there is no one sport to make that claim.
It used to be Baseball, but not for a long time now.
Football comes closest nationwide, with Hockey having big time fanhood in certain parts of the country.

Yeah, I'm a big Hockey fan, cause I grew up playing on the frozen lakes when I was a kid.

I live in Florida. Our biggest lake experience was building a bike ramp into the lake when it was cold.

Ok thanks for your answers, I also saw on the show Pawn Star that it is the baseball your oldest sport in the USA?

We used to get the whole neighborhood together for unofficial almost-full team games on Saturday AMs.

Seriously, you used to have to ride around on your bike confirming who's gonna play tomorrow on Friday night.

We did that every day. No need to wait for a weekend.

I should say, every day after prison school was out, until we were sentenced to return in September.

Ok thanks for your answers, I also saw on the show Pawn Star that it is the baseball your oldest sport in the USA?

Of the major ones baseball is oldest, yes I believe so. Well back into the 19th century and its prior forms at least into the 18th century.

We are in baseball season right now. The only reason we have football and basketball is that it eventually gets too cold to play baseball. And the only reason we have hockey is that Canada invaded us when it saw we had a dead spot after everybody was tired of playing basketball.

Which doesn't take long. :eusa_shifty:

We did that every day. No need to wait for a weekend.

I should say, every day after prison school was out, until we were sentenced to return in September.

We grew up in different neighborhoods. Go figure.

Some American sports exist only in the USA like Baseball and basketball if I'm not wrong?
Hockey we find it everywhere in the world

Pretty much anything I can watch on TV

58ae6d1f2a5cb417fbb46898

Some American sports exist only in the USA like Baseball and basketball if I'm not wrong?

I believe basketball has spread to at least Asia.

Baseball is intensely popular in Latin America and Japan, and is significant in Korea and some other places.

We have professional baseball players playing right now from Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Australia, China, Korea, Japan, South Africa and there are a few coming from Europe.

Most teams have a ton of players from Venezuela and the DR. It would be unusual to find a team on the field where the predominant language is not Spanish. Which makes it all the more ironic that each game begins with the national anthem of a country that most of them are not even citizens of :lol: --- but that's a whole 'nother story.

I believe basketball has spread to at least Asia.

Baseball is intensely popular in Latin America and Japan, and is significant in Korea and some other places.

We have professional baseball players playing right now from Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Australia, China, Korea, Japan, South Africa and there are a few coming from Europe.

Most teams have a ton of players from Venezuela and the DR. It would be unusual to find a team on the field where the predominant language is not Spanish. Which makes it all the more ironic that each game begins with the national anthem of a country that most of them are not even citizens of :lol: --- but that's a whole 'nother story.

About a week ago there was a game where an Australian was pitching. The ball was hit back to him -- he knocked it down but then couldn't find it. Turned out the ball was sitting right there at his feet.

"Who would have thought", cracked the announcer, "that a pitcher from Australia doesn't know to look "down under'" :lol:

Basketball is too squeaky. :lol:
I find them cool the American team when they come to the Olympics :thup:

I do not know much about baseball but I think that the atmosphere is very good, a summer sport that is played only in the evening?
The lights and the popcorn, hot dog this atmosphere seems very unique

Forum List

Back