What is your gig?

What is Your Gig?

• Total voters
I don't know about that Editec, i think our schools are going down, down, down....

93% of their funding comes from property taxes and local and state taxes...both income and sales, on some states...but primarily from property taxes...

well, we know what market is in the toilet, the housing market....so you know who is going to have less funding....schools, education....

bringing us down to china's level even further....

hmmm, maybe we will actually become a manufacturing nation again...only at China wages....we SWAP with them...us the uneducated ones and them the more educated ones....

Gosh, I hope not, but it is the makings of a great Depression novel.....with some creativeness in there! :)

i think we need the whole world to crash at this point....I don't know of a nation or continent not involved in this.....the usa can not bail out the entire world....

if we let the global world all crash, who's to say we would still not be on top of it, only at half the dollar value of what we were...with depreciation to go with it....lower priced houses, lower priced goods, lower priced food and lower wages....lower energy prices could be a problem but maybe not, for goodness sakes, just 10-12 years ago we were at $10 bucks a barrel of oil for a small period under Clinton....granted he released the strategic oil reserves to get the price there....but still! Gas in massachusetts was 97 cents a gallon and anyone in the south had 87 cents a gallon??? life was good.

Of course i don't know DOODLEY about this kind of stuff so i am only guessing at best, on my scenarios!

the same would be going on with everyone else in the world as well, no? if everyone retracts, at once, does it make it any more difficult for us?

Maybe it does, because everything is so, "one world order-ish" to steal the phrase....but maybe, if we are all in the same sinking boat, it makes it so much worse because there is no one left to bail all of us out?

but what does this mean?

more deaths, through starvation? Can we not grow the same food we grew off of the same land and water we had before the Great Crash in september of 2008?

Are we not looking in to the future enough, to know that maybe stocking food or growing more food/wheat reserves is what we need to be doing NOW, while we can and before the whole world turns in to Starving communities of worthless nations?

Where are we 10 years from now? Looking at all that is going on? Stimuluses, bailouts, future bailouts, spending, debt, boomers, ss surplusses...

Do we really even have a chance in saving ourselves from this impending doom?

What happens when a country declares bankruptcy?

They lose their credit standing, can no longer borrow cheap money but only very expensive credit, Right?

Is this what we face, right at the time our federal government needs to borrow the money to start paying SS surplus monies back?(it's a little more than 4 trillion), then we are just crud out of luck, no?
We, as in the latter boomers... and at least half the generation afterwards...

All of this seems so much bigger than poor people being allowed to buy homes over their heads, and no one is coming to terms with that....imho

care

Last edited:
One cannot help but note that more affluent the school system the more likely that the quality of education in those schools will be excellent.

Now obviously there will be exceptions to that generaization, but the stats prove the correleation between FAMILY incomes and quality of edcuation.

If the American people were doing well, their schools would likewise.

that's obviously not the WHOLE story, but it's the majority of the story.

In two words: federal involvement.

And it isn't just the schools that have problems. Talk to any small businessman whose grown a small business from mom and pop with occasional help from the kids to 50 or 60 employees. You hit that fifth employee and depending on what your business involves you may well need to higher a sixth just to make sure you are in compliance with all the new federal rules and regulations that suddenly impact your business adn from their on every five to ten people you add until you hit fifty or so you are impacted by a whole new set of rules and regulations.

It isn't unusual for some business to have departments whose so purpose for existing is to make sure that they are incompliance with the various federal state and local rules and regulations that apply to their business.

This isn't my first gig in Health Care - I've also worked in emergency as a first responder - The paperwork required to 'cover the hospitals ass' is at least a third of the job. There has to be a better way.

-Joe

There is.

It's called a single payer healthcare system.

One cannot help but note that more affluent the school system the more likely that the quality of education in those schools will be excellent.

Now obviously there will be exceptions to that generaization, but the stats prove the correleation between FAMILY incomes and quality of edcuation.

though the wealthiest will lose wealth as well, it will be a slow dragged out road, but it probably will be, to poverty as well.

there will be no one left, to build their wealth off of....

Besides printing money, who has the money in this world, and is it THEY that do not want to lend it and have retracted it? Or did paper value just discipate....evaporate?

is all of this just some financial Matrix that we live in?

I just don't think we all "get" everything that has gone on here....including me.

care

If people and 401k's and banks and whoever, have lost ALL OF THIS MONEY,

WHO did they lose it to?

IS there a WHO?

IS there a WINNER behind the scenes of the loser's losses?

OR, are the losses just letting the air out of a ponzi scheme?

WHO did they lose it to?

IS there a WHO?

:clap2:

There is definitely a "who."

Madoff, Stanford, and the fund managers on Wall Street.

though the wealthiest will lose wealth as well, it will be a slow dragged out road, but it probably will be, to poverty as well.

there will be no one left, to build their wealth off of....

Besides printing money, who has the money in this world, and is it THEY that do not want to lend it and have retracted it? Or did paper value just discipate....evaporate?

is all of this just some financial Matrix that we live in?

I just don't think we all "get" everything that has gone on here....including me.

care

Yes!

Well put, too.

I used to work in media, but now that my favorite tabloid went out of business and no longer publishes stories about me, I roam message boards and annoy people.

I used to work in media, but now that my favorite tabloid went out of business and no longer publishes stories about me, I roam message boards and annoy people.

You do a damn fine job too I might add!

WHO did they lose it to?

IS there a WHO?

Do you reckon Bernie Madoff is going to be homeless when he gets out of prison?

Someone won. They buried enough money in corporate shells to start another planet and still became the top 5% of American wage earners.

It is time to reset the score board and start another game.

-Joe

Nobody freaking won. Even the people who sold the junk derivatives may not have known beyond all doubt that said derivatives were junk at the time they sold them. The buyers and the sellers both got screwed. The mortgage lenders are mostly broke they were the sellers the buyers were the financial institutions and they got hammered even worse. The notion that there are always winners and always losers ignores the concept of a pyrric victory in which even the supposed victor loses more than he or she can possibly afford.

And what pray tell did Madoff and Stanford win other than chance to bunk with some equal opportunity racist for the next few years.

Last edited:
Nobody freaking won. Even the people who sold the junk derivatives may not have known beyond all doubt that said derivatives were junk at the time they sold them. The buyers and the sellers both got screwed. The mortgage lenders are mostly broke they were the sellers the buyers were the financial institutions and they got hammered even worse. The notion that there are always winners and always losers ignores the concept of a pyrric victory in which even the supposed victor loses more than he or she can possibly afford.

And what pray tell did Madoff and Stanford win other than chance to bunk with some equal opportunity racist for the next few years.

I hope you are right, friend. The more the misery (such as it is) is spread around, the less opposition there will be to the needed change.

We can't be naive though, rivers of cash-flow as narrow as ours will not change direction without some work and investment on our part.

I think we should start buying the corporations we work for. And carefully vote our shares.

-Joe

I hope you are right, friend. The more the misery (such as it is) is spread around, the less opposition there will be to the needed change.

We can't be naive though, rivers of cash-flow as narrow as ours will not change direction without some work and investment on our part.

I think we should start buying the corporations we work for. And carefully vote our shares.

Regarding the likes of Madoff and Stanford, don't you think those guys squirreled away enough cash to start a small country? I do. Look at Enron.

-Joe

My gig is using the umeployment and welfare system to my advantage. Thanks Obama. I'm waiting for more goodies from you.

Sounds like you qualify for education benefits...

Go for it dude! What do you want to be when you grow up?

-Joe

Forum List

Back