What is Trump scared of American's finding out about in his tax returns?

Why is Trump the only candidate in 50 years to not show voters his tax returns?

• Because it will show Trump's ties to Russia and Putin

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Because it will show that Trump pays no income tax

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Because it will show that Trump is lying about his actual worth

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Because it will show Trump's dismal charitable contribution record

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
Every President and Presidential candidate since Richard Nixon has released his or her Tax returns.

Everyone except Donald Trump. Even though Trump had repeatedly said he would release his tax returns

So this is your chance to chime in on your favorite guess on why Trump is less transparent than any President going back to Nixon("Less Transparent than Nixon!"- now that is a motto.

George Will has suggested that Trump's tax returns might possibly show links to Russia. His last public tax returns showed he paid no actual taxes. Others have openly stated that Trump has lied about his wealth and his tax returns will be additional proof of his blatant lies to voters.

Even Republicans who have endorsed Trump has called for him to be transparent:

Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.), a professed Trump backer (for now), wrote a Sunday New York Times op-ed titled, “I Support You, Donald Trump. Now Release Your Tax Returns.”
Sanford noted his continued ability to support Trump will “in part be driven by whether Mr. Trump keeps his word that he will release his tax records.”

Sanford notes just two years earlier ― in just one of several instances ― Trump clearly stated he would have no problem releasing his tax returns.

During an interview with an Irish TV station, Trump said, “If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely and I would love to do that.”

Trump’s bombastic statements, Sanford argues, will be forgotten with time, while the legacy of his actions will linger.

“Not releasing his tax returns would hurt transparency in our democratic process, and particularly in how voters evaluate the men and women vying to be our leaders,” Sanford wrote.

you do understand that there is NO requirement for any candidate to release his/her returns.
were you this concerned when obama refused to release his birth certificate?
I'm sure that once Donald is in office for a bit, and he appoints the right people to the right places, a fake set of returns will be created showing nothing bad. (just like the birth certificate)

Every President and Presidential candidate since Richard Nixon has released his or her Tax returns.

Everyone except Donald Trump. Even though Trump had repeatedly said he would release his tax returns

So this is your chance to chime in on your favorite guess on why Trump is less transparent than any President going back to Nixon("Less Transparent than Nixon!"- now that is a motto.

George Will has suggested that Trump's tax returns might possibly show links to Russia. His last public tax returns showed he paid no actual taxes. Others have openly stated that Trump has lied about his wealth and his tax returns will be additional proof of his blatant lies to voters.

Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.), a professed Trump backer (for now), wrote a Sunday New York Times op-ed titled, “I Support You, Donald Trump. Now Release Your Tax Returns.”
Sanford noted his continued ability to support Trump will “in part be driven by whether Mr. Trump keeps his word that he will release his tax records.”

Sanford notes just two years earlier ― in just one of several instances ― Trump clearly stated he would have no problem releasing his tax returns.

During an interview with an Irish TV station, Trump said, “If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely and I would love to do that.”

Trump’s bombastic statements, Sanford argues, will be forgotten with time, while the legacy of his actions will linger.

“Not releasing his tax returns would hurt transparency in our democratic process, and particularly in how voters evaluate the men and women vying to be our leaders,” Sanford wrote.

We don't even know for a fact that Trump is being audited. He won't even release the IRS audit letter to prove it. Personally, I think he's lying. I also believe his tax returns, if made public, would immediately kill his candidacy.

you do understand that there is NO requirement for any candidate to release his/her returns.
I'm sure that once Donald is in office for a bit, and he appoints the right people to the right places, a fake set of returns will be created showing nothing bad. (just like the birth certificate)

There's no requirement that he run either .

Funny how the Clinton foundation books are used against Hillary, but Trumps personal taxes are "none of our business " .

There's no requirement that he run either .

Funny how the Clinton foundation books are used against Hillary, but Trumps personal taxes are "none of our business " .
not funny, its fact.
there is reason for the authorities to believe that the Clinton foundation money is dirty. Thus they get to investigate them, and being a non profit BUSINESS, it is not covered under privacy laws when it comes to where the money comes from and where it goes. Its common for non profits to be audited.
Trumps taxes on the other hand evidently are clean enough that there is no reason for any agency to suspect illegal practices, therefore, no investigation.
Its funny how private and public are treated differently.

Same thing could be asked about what Obama is hiding by not showing his school records. Obama said he would be the most transparent President. Where are his records?

Same thing could be asked about what Obama is hiding by not showing his school records. Obama said he would be the most transparent President. Where are his records?
Still being converted to English?

His history being altered?

We will find out that he wasn't actually a student at the law school, he was the Janitor.

We will find out that he wasn't actually a student at the law school, he was the Janitor.

Or worse.

Why is Hillary ONLY showing her 2015 tax return? What is she hiding? Maybe Russia can hack her turbo tax file.

Could be any of a zillion things. His individual returns could be pretty voluminous, and then there's his corporate returns on top of that.

Actual net worth, charitable contributions, sources of income, types of personal investments, accounts payable, on and on.

If he had nothing to hide, he'd release 'em. Obviously has something to hide.

Yes, no doubt Hillary does too. But let's not pretend Trump doesn't have his own nasty skeletons.

Why would Trump open himself up to Harry Reid LYING again about him as Reid did to McRomney in 2012 on the Senate floor where Reid is immune from any defamination law suit Trump could Press? I'm getting tired of posting videos where Reid admitted he lied from Youtube.... Why do you scumbag of the left keep bringing this up...It’s a losing position for you filth!

There is absolutely no requirement to release his or her returns. But that doesn't mean voters can't demand them- or wonder why Trump is less transparent than Richard Nixon- or Barack Obama. First modern presidential candidate to not release his tax returns.
Clinton has released hers
Obama released his
Romney released his
McCain released his
Bush released his
Gore released his tax returns
Clinton released his.

But not Trump.

And by the way- Barack Obama did release his birth certificate- first presidential candidate in history to do so.

What is Trump hiding?

image.jpeg
Maybe they show how much he paid in foreign exchange fees for converting rubles to dollars.

Forum List

Back