What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

So you think criminals in Baltimore are driving to Delaware and Virginia to buy their guns? LOL The naivety is stunning.
I'm sure it makes some people a good business reselling them elsewhere. Gawd yur stoopid. :biggrin:

Right. Because murder weapons can't be traced back to the person who bought them legally with background checks. smh Really?
Declare them stolen. Check. Your move. :biggrin:
------------------------------------- problem with declaring stolen guns or lost in the Lake is the lying to the Authorities which has got to be a serious crime . Plus even if the lie is believed maybe a guy could keep his guns but he could never use them FREELY .
A person can sell a gun to anyone as long as they don’t know that person is a felon. It is a huge loophole.
--------------------------------- if that is true then it is a very nice and LEGAL Loophole eh Brian ??

I'm sure it makes some people a good business reselling them elsewhere. Gawd yur stoopid. :biggrin:

Right. Because murder weapons can't be traced back to the person who bought them legally with background checks. smh Really?
Declare them stolen. Check. Your move. :biggrin:
------------------------------------- problem with declaring stolen guns or lost in the Lake is the lying to the Authorities which has got to be a serious crime . Plus even if the lie is believed maybe a guy could keep his guns but he could never use them FREELY .
A person can sell a gun to anyone as long as they don’t know that person is a felon. It is a huge loophole.
--------------------------------- if that is true then it is a very nice and LEGAL Loophole eh Brian ??
The NRA loves arming criminals with loopholes.

That number is based on how many guns we have. Many owners have hundreds of guns. Our gun crime rates are huge compared to other countries. Nice dishonest argument though.

Because we are a free country with a constitution allowing our citizens to protect and defend themselves.

Of course, we have higher gun crime rates but because we can defend ourselves we have a far lower violent crime rate.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

i-LP7dPJD-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

UK is violent crime capital of Europe

That number is based on how many guns we have. Many owners have hundreds of guns. Our gun crime rates are huge compared to other countries. Nice dishonest argument though.

Because we are a free country with a constitution allowing our citizens to protect and defend themselves.

Of course, we have higher gun crime rates but because we can defend ourselves we have a far lower violent crime rate.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

i-LP7dPJD-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

Violent crime is defined differently by different countries. The UK homicide rate is a fraction of ours. You have been duped.

By James Slack

i-LP7dPJD-L.jpg

Violent crime is defined differently by different countries. The UK homicide rate is a fraction of ours. You have been duped.
-

solutions:

1. fix the welfare state so that fathers stay in the home and take responsibility for their kids
2. fix the education system that puts kids out in the workforce that cannot do simple math or write a sentence
3. teach american and world history as it actually occurred
4. eliminate the drug dealers who are poisoning our youth
5. teach respect for law enforcement
6. agressively prosecute all crimes, even those committed by members of congress.
7. teach respect for the american flag and those who died protecting it.
8. put God back in american life
9. enforce the gun laws already on the books
10. institutionalize the mentally ill before they kill someone.

Those are bumper sticker solutions. I'm the only person who DOES have a plan, but the Republicans aren't interested. Then again, they have the most anti-gun president in American history as president. Republicans are playing gun owners.

I can reduce mass shootings by 90 percent without new taxes, bureaucracies, or even gun control. Because it takes 20 minutes to explain it, the average poster on a discussion board won't consider it. Republican leadership is wrapped up in their own world and when the universal background check is passed, I want gun owners to remember: it didn't have to be that way.

Universal background checks CANNOT work without National Gun Registration - and gun registration always, always, always, precedes confiscation. The best gun owners can do is say the weapon is lost or stolen???? REALLY???? Somebody in the Republican Party needs to listen to me for about 20 minutes. I CAN solve this issue for you.

our high gun crime rates are limited to a few of our big cities, and only in certain sections of those cities--------the south side of Chicago and the lower ninth ward in New Orleans are just two examples.

100% correct.

Anyone who has spent any time at all in Chicago knows that it is basically two separate cities, the North Side and the South Side. Chi-Town doesn't register as being one of the most violent cities in America because of the far lower gun violence present on the North Side, that brings down their overall rate per 100,000 citizens.

thats your opinion but no matter . I'm just happy that the 'yuge' LEGAL Loopholes exist Brian .

hey , its a Gov approved 'yuge' and legal loophole . Course i was just a kid but my Dad simply went to the Gunstore around 1964 , laid down some cash and walked out of the store with 2 guns for his 2 boys . Think he also bought a nice double barrel 16 gauge . He said it was a GI bring back GUN from France Brian . No paper work , no checks , just some Cash on the counter and guns for cash were exchanged in a normal fashion Brian .

true, then why are the dems constantly harping about police brutality?
They are wrong. We have a gun problem, not a cop problem. Cops shoot many and are themselves shot often. This is from too many guns.
.0027% of guns are actually used to commit murder

That ain't much of a problem

our high gun crime rates are limited to a few of our big cities, and only in certain sections of those cities--------the south side of Chicago and the lower ninth ward in New Orleans are just two examples.
Our mass killing aren’t limited that way. Europe has cities and gangs too, much less gun crime.

So? As it's been pointed out a LOT of European Countries actually have higher violent crime rates. They just don't use guns. So again, it's the people not the guns. People kill each other. They will use whatever means available. So what if it's a gun. The type of weapon is irrelevant.

Give an example of free speech punished.

They have much better medical care and it won’t make you broke.

High taxes pay for great services received. Again, they don’t have huge numbers of people bankrupt from healthcare.

You are grossly misinformed. Perhaps you would do well by yourself to expand your sources for information.

Europe’s War on Free Speech
Feb 9th, 2018

Any American who ever questions whether the First Amendment is vital to protect free speech should just cast a glance across the Atlantic. Europeans share the same values we do—indeed, our concept of rights derives from European philosophers—and yet they often adopt misguided laws that circumscribe freedom of expression.

The latest blunder comes courtesy of Poland, which is in the midst of passing one of the silliest laws ever devised. President Andrzej Duda signed a law Tuesday that makes it illegal to accuse Poland of complicity in Nazi crimes, including the Holocaust.
[...]
Europe’s War on Free Speech

We have superior health care and it does not cause undue bankruptcies. The "study" you allude to was done by...tada...Elizabeth Warren. Do you know the criteria that were used to label a bankruptcy as being caused by medical bills? $1,000.00! If someone listed $1,000.00 or more in medical expenses the bankruptcy was caused by medical bills. An outright lie.

Their taxes are not just higher, they are exponentially higher. Those in the Scandanavian countries, when asked, don't know why they are supposed to be so happy. There is a very rigid caste system to this day due in no small part to their exorbitant taxes. They cannot move up to another income bracket nor can they invest in themselves for a better life.

it's not dishonest it's a cold hard fact.

11000 murders with guns
393000000 guns in hands of the American public

This is 5th grade math
People have hundreds of guns and 2 hands. It is completely dishonest as are you clearly.
-------------------------------- people have the RIGHT to own as many guns as they like same as 'jay leno' has the right to own as many Death Dealing cars as he likes Brian . -------------- just a comment !!
The number seems to be based on how scared they are. Europe has much more courage, what a strange turn.
yeah that's why they need our military to protect them
And you are too scared to leave your house unarmed. They do it all the time.

But apparently they were scared to leave their house when they had guns. They were scared of guns. They should still be scared cause many of those countries are more violent than ours without the guns.

There is nothing I can say ,no argument to get you to understand that things need to change. I apologize for any of my profanities....
"In fairness to the Second Amendment, it wasn’t always this way. The right to lock and load, any time, any place, is not protected by the Second Amendment—it’s protected by the Republican interpretation of the Second Amendment. Textually, the amendment itself is almost toothless and easily amenable to regulation. Hell, “regulated” is written right into its text: A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

About this website

THENATION.COM

It’s Time to Repeal—and Replace—the Second Amendment
The meaning of the amendment has been so badly mangled that our only choice is to start over with something that allows for real gun control.

so you want only the government and criminals to have guns? That's exactly the strategy used by Hitler and Mao before they murdered millions of innocent people.
Red do you really need to misinterpret my words NOBODY want to take your gd guns away ,just make sure nitwits ,people who are playing with loose decks don't get them

And what's your proposal? And your wrong by the way. Maybe you don't want to, but a LOT of leftists do.

There is an obvious solution. The UK, France, Germany... all very free countries.
Not really. They're all currently governed by the EU. You can see Britain is trying to get out of that mess...
And how are they not free?
I just told you...

They are governed by the EU, which is a foreign power.
That tells me nothing. In what ways are they not free? People in the the E.U. are the happiest in the world.

I don't understand why if you think they are do great why you don't just move there. They have everything you want. It sounds like a paradise. Why don't you live there?

Forum List

Back