What Is The Purpose For These People Showing Up

At Obama events strapped with semi-automatic rifles?

If not for some sort of intimidation?

Yes its legal, but it would also be legal to put feces on your face and walk backwards in public too.

Isn't this getting dangerously ridiculous now?

You don't think bus loads of angry 300 pound men & women with ACORN stickers on their shirts are a little intimidating? :clap2:

What a ridiculous statement to compare those with shirts on that say ACORN, with people that have loaded guns on their shoulders and hips as being just as intimidating....

One DOES NOT HAVE THE LIBERTY to intimidate others with their fire arms, PERIOD....and I don't know if this is what these folks were doing, but if they were trying to intimidate others with their firearms then I would definitely have a problem with it.

Care

They're simply practicing their rights.

Abortion is a right in the US. It doen't mean you practice it.
The vast majority of women who support a woman's right to an abortion never have one.

There are legitimate purpose for guns and there are wackos who wear them and brandish them to intimidate. They are usually very freightened and very weak people.

an abortion is not a firearm, dick for brains

the weak frightened people are those who fear their neighbors because they choose not to be a sheep like you.

stay out of AZ

stay out of Arizona?

This is a clear attempt to IMPOSE not practice 2nd amendment rights with the strong scent of violence. It has NO place at a public forum where differences of opinion on policy are aired. Only a person with NO ability to defend their ideas with brain power would feel the need to bring weapon power...Only a weak, insecure and frightened person feels the need to carry a firearm to a public event...

It is amazing how right wing pea brains are obtuse to the fact they share the SAME personality markers as terrorists...

Um... could you show me 1 you think is credible?

I ask because the 1's I think are credible say things like "near" while others that I don't think are without obvious bias say "at". I think the distinction may be important.
I'm not gonna do this dance with you.

I'm not arguing how near or far they are...my argument is that they are. Period.

Were they a threat? what did the secret service do about them? Huh? drama queen

Yes its legal, but it would also be legal to put feces on your face and walk backwards in public too.

You don't think bus loads of angry 300 pound men & women with ACORN stickers on their shirts are a little intimidating? :clap2:

What a ridiculous statement to compare those with shirts on that say ACORN, with people that have loaded guns on their shoulders and hips as being just as intimidating....

One DOES NOT HAVE THE LIBERTY to intimidate others with their fire arms, PERIOD....and I don't know if this is what these folks were doing, but if they were trying to intimidate others with their firearms then I would definitely have a problem with it.

Care

You have to remember that people like this (not necessarily posters on this thread) were horribly threatened by men wearing arabic t-shirts on airliners.

it just shows how crazy the lunatic fringe on the right has gotten...disrupting town halls with uncivil discourse, sending death threats to many congress members now this...truly scares the hell out of me.

To be fair, any group wearing similar t-shirts together could be considered intimidating ...hell a bunch of rabid girl scouts could be intimidating depending on how they were acting.

To say ACORN couldnt be regarded (whether it's reasonable given the exact situation and behavior) as intimidating is just defending ACORN irrationally.

On the other hand, the characterization as 300-pound and fat is cheap and probably false when applied to the entire group.

Can a crowd be intimidating? Yes. Are guns intimidating? Sure. But guns held by what look like rational, calm, behaved people shouldn't be extremely worrisome. Raise an eyebrow perhaps if guns aren't normally part of the usual mix - that's more fair to say.

The vast majority of women who support a woman's right to an abortion never have one.

There are legitimate purpose for guns and there are wackos who wear them and brandish them to intimidate. They are usually very freightened and very weak people.

the weak frightened people are those who fear their neighbors because they choose not to be a sheep like you.

stay out of AZ

stay out of Arizona?

This is a clear attempt to IMPOSE not practice 2nd amendment rights with the strong scent of violence. It has NO place at a public forum where differences of opinion on policy are aired. Only a person with NO ability to defend their ideas with brain power would feel the need to bring weapon power...Only a weak, insecure and frightened person feels the need to carry a firearm to a public event...

It is amazing how right wing pea brains are obtuse to the fact they share the SAME personality markers as terrorists...

Another failed attempt at Pop-psychiatry. Thankfully I'm wearing my hip waders.

stay out of AZ

stay out of Arizona?

Another right wing pea brain unable to respond with anything approaching adult dialog...

15 minutes

stay out of Arizona?

Another right wing pea brain unable to respond with anything approaching adult dialog...

I guess anyone who points out your obvious lack of knowledge in this are is a "right wing pea brain". Wrong again, keep trying though, one day you might actually get it right, but somehow I doubt it.

Showing up armed is one way to discourage SEIU and ACORN thugs from picking on little old Republican ladies

stay out of AZ

stay out of Arizona?

leftist pablum. you hate the 2nd amendment, you hate weapons, you hate Americans who exercise their rights

I think that regardless of where you stand on "individual ownership of assault weapons is protected by the constitution" issue, it's clear that carrying one in close proximity to POTUS will create a backlash. These folks may have a right to be as stupid as they want, but it's not winning people over to the "gun rights" cause.

It's like burning a flag. It may be protected political expression, but it's stupid. You will alienate more people than you will win over. Burning a flag may make you a hero to the radical left, but you'll be an idiot whose form of expression drowns out any message.

Same with these folks - right-wing militia types may love you for it, but any cause you are trying to advance is going to be drown out by the chorus of, "what an idiot."

On a related note - Squeaky Fromm - former Manson girl who tried to kill a president has been released. I think they should have thrown away the key.

I don't take threats to the president - ANY president (even Bush) lightly.

Because Bush and Ford and Carter and Clinton were all MY president. Whether I voted for them, whether I agree with them or whether I personally hope they spend their eternity in a warmer climate. They are MY president. Don't mess with them.

On a related note - Squeaky Fromm - former Manson girl who tried to kill a president has been released. I think they should have thrown away the key.

Because Bush and Ford and Carter and Clinton were all MY president. Whether I voted for them, whether I agree with them or whether I personally hope they spend their eternity in a warmer climate. They are MY president. Don't mess with them.

Pretty amazing coincidence that while Nelson Rockefeller was Ford's VP, not one, but two crazy ladies got within shooting distance.

I think that regardless of where you stand on "individual ownership of assault weapons is protected by the constitution" issue, it's clear that carrying one in close proximity to POTUS will create a backlash. These folks may have a right to be as stupid as they want, but it's not winning people over to the "gun rights" cause.

It's like burning a flag. It may be protected political expression, but it's stupid. You will alienate more people than you will win over. Burning a flag may make you a hero to the radical left, but you'll be an idiot whose form of expression drowns out any message.

Same with these folks - right-wing militia types may love you for it, but any cause you are trying to advance is going to be drown out by the chorus of, "what an idiot."

Question: Do we know these weapons were "assault" weapons or is this just speculation?

None of those people got anywhere near the president. So, it's basically a non-issue.
Unless you're a paranoid lil' liberal Obamabot idiot.

the left are haters, and inciters,, that's why they act like drama queens while the secret services stands around and :eusa_whistle:

Pretty amazing coincidence that while Nelson Rockefeller was Ford's VP, not one, but two crazy ladies got within shooting distance.

Coincidence? I don't know because I'm not sure what you are implying. But if you are advocating very tight security around POTUS, I will agree with you.

"PHOENIX — Gun-rights advocates are displaying their firearms near the president again, this time with a military-style rifle slung over one man's shoulder in downtown Phoenix.

The man with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle was among about a dozen people carrying guns outside the convention center where President Barack Obama spoke Monday."

yes, an AR-15 is an assault rifle

Last edited:

Forum List

Back