What is the proper method of dealing with crowd control ...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amelia, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    What is the proper method of dealing with people who have repeatedly disobeyed lawful orders to disperse?

Do you think the OWS are intentionally pushing police to the point where the only way the police can enforce the law is to do things which make for "good" anti-cop TV?

Is physically dragging lawbreakers away more appropriate than pepper spray? Some in-the-know have said no, that physically carrying people away comes with its own set of risks and liabilities.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,666
    Did MacArthur have the right idea with the Bonus Army?

3. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,824
    proportionate force, aka nuke them from orbit.

4. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    Baton, tazer, water cannon, waterboarding, rubber bullets, K9s, - all good.

5. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    Move the Police far away from the protests. Them showing up in their 'Call of Duty' Military outfits only increases the chances for violence. The Police seem to be instigating most of the violence these days. Just keep them away and allow the People to protest in peace. Less Police presence will eliminate most of the violence.

6. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

Move the police away from the protests?

In other words, do not allow the police to enforce the law?

Then who is going to enforce the law?

Who is going to clear the thoroughfares so that emergency vehicles can get through? Who is going to unblock public pathways so that they are still wheelchair accessible? Who is going to clean the areas so that infectious diseases and parasites aren't spread? ...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  7. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,666
    Interesting range of ideas here from the Righties.

8. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    Well freedom & democracy can be messy. As long as they're peaceful,i don't have a problem with them. After all,i'm sure Gandhi,Martin Luther King,and the Dahli Lama inconvenienced a few during some of their protests too. It's the Police showing up in their 'Call of Duty' Military outfits that incites violence. They just can't wait to try out their toys like pepper spray,rubber bullets,and tasers. It's their 'Call of Duty' fantasy come to life. Keep the Police away at a good distance and these protests will be peaceful. Just give the protesters room to breathe.

9. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I think there are actually SOME in the OWS protests that are there for a reason (but haven't really heard what it actually is). If they're serious about this protest, they need to get rid of all the homeless and problem children that have joined them. They don't know why they're there anyway but to get the free handouts or steal from the real protestors. If the protestors don't like what's happening to them then they need to stop the protests, get rid of the bums, then get a little more organized and do this the right way. All that's happening now is they're pissing everyone off because of the ones that want to cause the problems. The problem children in this group are the ones keeping people from being able to get to their jobs, and they're hurting the small businesses that are people's only income, and they're ALL going to start fighting back soon when they've had enough of it. I don't think pepper spraying them like the video showed is right either, but i'm sure the police have just about had enough. The protests are not being aimed in the right direction to start with, they need to be at the White House, and at Congress. I'm afraid nothing good is going to come out of this if they don't change their tactics. I understand most of this protest is about jobs...but then they have some idiot on video saying he quit his job so he could attend the protest! I've heard of several like this...how is this going to help their cause? I'm not against what they're doing, i just think they didn't think it through very well.

10. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    Most protests i've come across are usually peaceful until the Gestapo arrives. They show up ready to attack and then blame the violence on the protesters. That's standard operating procedure for the Police. It's always the Protesters' fault. That's why it's vital to have your own recording equipment handy. The Police will lie. This has been proven time & time again. They will not hesitate to fudge their reports.

Having your own recordings of the event really can save you. Look at what they did to those kids in California. If there was no video,the Police would have filed a false report claiming the kids were being violent. Obviously those kids were anything but being violent. So definitely have your recording equipment handy. You'll very likely need it.