What is the Point of the Breaking News Forum?

If it is breaking, it is breaking. By breaking, I mean something that has not hit the mainstream for pontificating of the talking heads. Much of what is in our breaking news forum is of minor or no interest to me, but hardly a week goes by, somebody doesn't post something startling the moment it comes out, that I am not taken by surprise. Have seen nothing today, but today is still a good example, as I have not had a TV or radio on, this morning, and being on the board, I am not on the news sights. Somebody could post something at anytime, to make me say "Oh, crap, what are these idiots doing now?" and send me off to the search engines to get first and often inaccurate or lacking reporting. I agree, much simply deserves to be in current event, as no longer breaking to anybody.
Yep.

Breaking News has a shelf life for sure.

As a matter of fact, all Breaking News becomes a current event or simply just news after it breaks, without exception.

If it is breaking, it is breaking. By breaking, I mean something that has not hit the mainstream for pontificating of the talking heads. Much of what is in our breaking news forum is of minor or no interest to me, but hardly a week goes by, somebody doesn't post something startling the moment it comes out, that I am not taken by surprise. Have seen nothing today, but today is still a good example, as I have not had a TV or radio on, this morning, and being on the board, I am not on the news sights. Somebody could post something at anytime, to make me say "Oh, crap, what are these idiots doing now?" and send me off to the search engines to get first and often inaccurate or lacking reporting. I agree, much simply deserves to be in current event, as no longer breaking to anybody.
It seems to me that, much like the political forum, people with nothing better to do who want to get eyeballs and clicks on a topic, simply post something that isn't newsworthy, political or especially interesting in forums where members gravitate.

I don't think the Breaking News Forum is working out exactly as intended.

There are active threads about Amber Heard (whoever that is), the price of Lithium, and Mike Tyson.

Can't these be placed in Current Events?

They move my topics out of there (I had the first topic "Putin declares war on Ukraine") after a couple days and push them to some bumfuck place like "Media" or "Europe" so that I lose Rep chances.

But I'm a liberal, so I mean...you know...the thing.

Yep.

Breaking News has a shelf life for sure.

As a matter of fact, all Breaking News becomes a current event or simply just news after it breaks, without exception.
You think they ought to program a timer to automatically run a switch to current event?

On the plus side, I was able to see how funny Johnny is...

Amber is a personality disorder with a few thinking disorder(s) added in...

Forum List

Back