What is the goal of Islam?

Hey, Political Junky, Muslims follow the Quaran, not the Old Testament (unless they turned apostate, which can lead to a rather short life expectancy in some Muslim countries). Since you're obviously confused, how about letting Sunni Man show us exactly where in the Quaran it says Muslims have to accept other religions and have to treat Christians and Jews just like other Muslims? Links to specific passages, please. And remember, we have Google.

You know nothing of Islam. I know more about it than most Muslims do. Their stated goal is to convert or kill everyone. This is a fact.

Well, since you claim Imam-status and a "scholar" of Islam......one must compliment you on your resistance to conversion....and, of course, we all hope you're still alive.:biggrin:

Hey, Political Junky, Muslims follow the Quaran, not the Old Testament (unless they turned apostate, which can lead to a rather short life expectancy in some Muslim countries). Since you're obviously confused, how about letting Sunni Man show us exactly where in the Quaran it says Muslims have to accept other religions and have to treat Christians and Jews just like other Muslims? Links to specific passages, please. And remember, we have Google.
Did you just make that up?
I gave a link .. you didn't.

Oh, and ISIS gives homosexuals free flying lessons. Seems they have trouble grasping the concept of "landing", though.

Matthew Shepard's relatives may take issue with your "brilliant" statement.

Right wingers' ignorance of Islam is expected......But some of them may be genuinely (if silently) surprised that Islam also recognizes Abraham, Moses AND Jesus as prophets.
You know nothing of Islam. I know more about it than most Muslims do. Their stated goal is to convert or kill everyone. This is a fact.
Nat 4900 is right. Muslims follow the Old Testament, just as Jews do...all are People of the Book, including Christians. They differ with Christians when it comes to Jesus being the Son of God.
The Koran speaks of Jesus' Mother, Mary, often and have respect for her.
Respect for Mary? A woman. Lol. Thanks for the laugh.
Mary (Arabic: مريم‎ Maryām), the mother ofJesus (Isa), is considered one of the most righteous women in the Islamic religion. She is mentioned more in the Quran[2]than in the entire New Testament and is also the only woman mentioned by name in the Quran.[3] According to the Quran, Jesus was born miraculously by the will ofGod without a father. His mother is regarded as a chaste and virtuous woman and is said to have been a virgin. The Quran states clearly that Jesus was the result of a virgin birth, but that neither Mary nor her son were divine. In the Quran, no other woman is given more attention than Mary and the Quran states that Mary was chosen above all women:

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary!Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee – chosen thee above the women of all nations.

—Quran, sura 3 (Al Imran),ayah 42[4]
Mary in Islam - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I know who Mary is. Problem is, Islam picks and chooses which woman to respect. Mary is conveniently dead. If she wasn't, she would have been stoned or burned alive soon.

Right wingers' ignorance of Islam is expected......But some of them may be genuinely (if silently) surprised that Islam also recognizes Abraham, Moses AND Jesus as prophets.
Nat 4900 is right. Muslims follow the Old Testament, just as Jews do...all are People of the Book, including Christians. They differ with Christians when it comes to Jesus being the Son of God.
Mary (Arabic: مريم‎ Maryām), the mother ofJesus (Isa), is considered one of the most righteous women in the Islamic religion. She is mentioned more in the Quran[2]than in the entire New Testament and is also the only woman mentioned by name in the Quran.[3] According to the Quran, Jesus was born miraculously by the will ofGod without a father. His mother is regarded as a chaste and virtuous woman and is said to have been a virgin. The Quran states clearly that Jesus was the result of a virgin birth, but that neither Mary nor her son were divine. In the Quran, no other woman is given more attention than Mary and the Quran states that Mary was chosen above all women:

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary!Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee – chosen thee above the women of all nations.

I know who Mary is. Problem is, Islam picks and chooses which woman to respect. Mary is conveniently dead. If she wasn't, she would have been stoned or burned alive soon.
Guess you are lacking in reading comprehension.

Thank you for posting the above, but please remember that you're dealing with right wing, ignorant bigots and soon you'll be labeled by them as a subversive, communist, anti-Semite, etc., etc.

The goal of Islam is for all humans to serve God as a good Muslim would, whether Muslim or not, but preferably as a Muslim, and to see the law of the land be Sharia, since Islam has no church/state divide, just the submission to the Will of God.

Start with the Five Pillars of Islam: Islam Guide What Are the Five Pillars of Islam

Their inability to separate church and state makes them dangerous and means that we should ban any Muslim from becoming president or even serving in our government. Islam is an oppressive form of government. Women are not granted rights under Islam and that alone makes them evil as far as I'm concerned. It would be a total nightmare to live under sharia law if you are a women or infidel, if you were allowed to live. Even in the so-called peaceful Muslim countries, women are still stoned to death without a trial. Seems the husband or father merely needs to accuse them of something and have the right to brutally end their lives. Nothing peaceful or loving about that.

Genital mutilation is also common among the so-called peaceful Muslim nations. That is nothing but torture and a way to control females.

Women must cover their bodies with that awful clothing and cannot speak to non-relative men without being punished. They cannot vote. Leaders have often reminded women that they are there to serve the men and should not deny them sex or anything else they want.

The left apparently finds this horrendous treatment of women acceptable since they refuse to speak out against it. Here in the US, the left has a shit fit if tax payers don't want to pay for elective abortions, yet treating women like sex slaves and murdering them when they anger you is something they can ignore.

What sums part of it up is the comment made by Khamenei after Obama claimed that talks with them went well. He said "Death to America." Yea, Obama, things went great and you are pleased with the results.

Too many Muslims are radical and believe that killing infidels in the name of religion is okay. Polls prove this time and times again. The majority want oppressive sharia law and that would be sheer hell for freedom-loving people. The ones that the left talk about who want peace don't have a lot to say about the radicals among them. While a handful have spoken out, the majority do not. They are in the best position to weed out the radicals, but choose not to.

When Muslims do speak out, it's usually against Americans. They come here, but don't want to see American flags. They don't want to see bacon ads. They don't want to see crosses hung in Catholic schools after they choose to go to those private schools. They aren't shy about demanding halal food at food banks, demanding that yellow ribbons and flags be removed from their neighbor's property or otherwise bashing Americans, but don't usually say shit about the terrorists who kill in the name of Islam.

Wanting to control the world by imposing sharia law is not peaceful.

Thank you for posting the above, but please remember that you're dealing with right wing, ignorant bigots and soon you'll be labeled by them as a subversive, communist, anti-Semite, etc., etc.

Priceless irony :)

You are as bigoted as it gets kid.

Now......how do we fit Isaac into all of this?

Islam is a very strange religion to me.
In my opinion, it isn't stranger than any of the other flavors of religion out there. They all have one thing in common. They're all built on fantasy and fear.
The goal of islam is to convert or kill everyone who refuses to worship allah.
Convert or kill??
Allah created everyone and everything, and he asks that we obey him on this Earth. Being a "free person" is a bit of an oxymoron - your freedom from Allah is not something that is excluded from his power, or his knowledge, and it does not allow you to achieve something that is beyond his omnipotence.
So, from the perspective of Islam, the choices are essentially that you either obey Allah as he has commanded (being a "slave") and be rewarded by an eternity of pleasure and happiness, or you disbelieve in Allah with the "freedom" he has granted you, and you are punished by an eternity of torment in hell.

Guess you are lacking in reading comprehension.
Read this. You might learn something. The Story of Mohammed THE STORY OF MOHAMMED

In my opinion, it isn't stranger than any of the other flavors of religion out there. They all have one thing in common. They're all built on fantasy and fear.
Convert or kill??
Allah created everyone and everything, and he asks that we obey him on this Earth. Being a "free person" is a bit of an oxymoron - your freedom from Allah is not something that is excluded from his power, or his knowledge, and it does not allow you to achieve something that is beyond his omnipotence.
So, from the perspective of Islam, the choices are essentially that you either obey Allah as he has commanded (being a "slave") and be rewarded by an eternity of pleasure and happiness, or you disbelieve in Allah with the "freedom" he has granted you, and you are punished by an eternity of torment in hell.

Where do you stand on this Totalitarian Deity called Allah?

Convert or kill??

Where do you stand on this Totalitarian Deity called Allah?
As for Islam:
I think the goal of religion was not only to make humans realize their place within the greater picture of things but to make the individual realize for themselves. I think that if a Muslim come to realize for himself and comes to the praise of Allah and indeed spread good upon the world then I think that this person has performed the most purest for of worship.

Convert or kill??
You do realize that allah was a pagan moon god, right. One of hundreds that Mohammed chose for his religion. Mohammed also performed no miracles or made any prophecies. He was also a murder and a pedophile.

Did you just make that up?
I gave a link .. you didn't.

ROFLMNAO!

"I gave a link..."

LOL! Adorable...

As for Islam:
I think the goal of religion was not only to make humans realize their place within the greater picture of things but to make the individual realize for themselves. I think that if a Muslim come to realize for himself and comes to the praise of Allah and indeed spread good upon the world then I think that this person has performed the most purest for of worship.

A terrific thesis... except that Islam has never spread 'good' anywhere. Islam has one and ONLY one stock in trade: Death and the fearful destruction which is intrinsic to such.

Forum List

Back