What is the free market?

What it comes down to is, what is the preferred choice. Is it government control or free markets with the rule of law?

What so many Americans have lost, due to statist brainwashing, is the knowledge that big uncontrolled government ALWAYS leads to disaster for nearly all people...the elites to very well however. History SCREAMS this reality directly into our face.

Our nation was founded on this reality.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Last edited:
What it comes down to is, what is the preferred choice. Is it government control or free markets with the rule of law?

What so many Americans have lost, due to statist brainwashing, is the knowledge that big uncontrolled government ALWAYS leads to disaster for nearly all people...the elites to very well however. History SCREAMS this reality directly into our face.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

What it comes down to is a bunch of people sold us their free market dogma and it turned us from an industrial nation into a lousy service based economy so vulnerable to bubbles and economic crashes that I am amazed that anyone still mentions the term as a goal to aspire to. Remeber when you people screamed that protectionism was the worst kind of sin against capitalism? Bet you wish we had tried to keep something going for us at this point.

George Washington

What it comes down to is a bunch of people sold us their free market dogma and it turned us from an industrial nation into a lousy service based economy so vulnerable to bubbles and economic crashes that I am amazed that anyone still mentions the term as a goal to aspire to. Remeber when you people screamed that protectionism was the worst kind of sin against capitalism? Bet you wish we had tried to keep something going for us at this point.

You are exactly the type of American I referred to.

You blame the free market for problems caused by unlimited big government. And you want more big government control, when that will result in expanding the problem.

How illogical, but proof that the State's brainwashing has worked extraordinarily well..on some.

George Washington

Um, how did we get to be an industrial nation? Hint, it wasn't a government program.

Agan, a perfect example of someone blaming the free market when gov't was at fault. Who mandated minimum wages? Who mandated OSHA regs? Who mandated workman's comp insurance? Those threee things drove out most high labor manufacturing from the US.
Protectionism sucks. If it worked E.Germany would be an economic powerhouse.

You blame the free market for problems caused by unlimited big government. And you want more big government control, when that will result in expanding the problem.

How illogical, but proof that the State's brainwashing has worked extraordinarily well..on some.
You are the kind of rich man ass kisser that has practically ruined us with your devotion to a religion that worships wealth. There is nothing fact based about this shit except that it is clear that it makes certain people very wealthy, never mind the rest of us that has not had an appreciable rise in wages in decades. Make this shit work as advertised and maybe then you will not be seen as a stupid serf wannabe who worships billionaires.

You are the kind of rich man ass kisser that has practically ruined us with your devotion to a religion that worships wealth. There is nothing fact based about this shit except that it is clear that it makes certain people very wealthy, never mind the rest of us that has not had an appreciable rise in wages in decades. Make this shit work as advertised and maybe then you will not be seen as a stupid serf wannabe who worships billionaires.
If you haven't had an appreciable rise in wages in decades the problem is in the mirror.

If you haven't had an appreciable rise in wages in decades the problem is in the mirror.

I am talking about the American working class and you know it asshole.

I am talking about the American working class and you know it asshole.

Are you really telling me there are people who have wroked decades and never gotten a raise?

That is ridiculous, but expected. You think free market means enriching the wealthy. :cuckoo:

Do you fail to see that the crony capitalist/quasi fascist state American has become, BECAUSE of big unlimited government, results in wealth inequality...and does so at far greater rates than does the free market???

You are so slanted that you think allowing corrupt lying politicians and big government bureaucrats control of the economy, is preferable to individual Americans freely engaging in business activities.

Forum List

Back