What is the deal with Oliver North?

North was the fall guy for Reagan's treason of promising weapons to Iran if they held the hostages until after the election.

Carter started the weapons deal. If he had not then Reagan would have been convicted of treason. Remember Democrats controlled congress while Reagan was following through with Carters foreign policy promise to Iran of arms for hostages.

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war
According to Zbigniew Brzezinski's "Power and Principle, Memoirs of the National Security Advisor"... the United States explored whether the Iran–Iraq War would offer leverage with which to resolve the Iranian Hostage Crisis. In this regard, the Carter administration explored the use of both "carrots," by suggesting that they might offer military assistance to Iran upon release of the hostages, and "sticks," by discouraging Israeli military assistance to Iran and suggesting that they might offer military assistance to Iraq if the Iranians did not release the hostages.

Iraq/Iran War was during the Reagan Administration. and I believe it was Carter who stopped support for the Shah of Iran.

North was the fall guy for Reagan's treason of promising weapons to Iran if they held the hostages until after the election.

Carter started the weapons deal. If he had not then Reagan would have been convicted of treason. Remember Democrats controlled congress while Reagan was following through with Carters foreign policy promise to Iran of arms for hostages.

According to Zbigniew Brzezinski's "Power and Principle, Memoirs of the National Security Advisor"... the United States explored whether the Iran–Iraq War would offer leverage with which to resolve the Iranian Hostage Crisis. In this regard, the Carter administration explored the use of both "carrots," by suggesting that they might offer military assistance to Iran upon release of the hostages, and "sticks," by discouraging Israeli military assistance to Iran and suggesting that they might offer military assistance to Iraq if the Iranians did not release the hostages.

Iraq/Iran War was during the Reagan Administration. and I believe it was Carter who stopped support for the Shah of Iran.

Wrong - Carter started the Iran-Iraq War. Carter had Saddam attack Iran during his administration. Saddam got the keys to the city of Detroit, MI during the Carter administration. The fighting started under Carter's administration. Carters support of the Shaw is what got our embassy attacked & hostages taken.

Saddam Hussein got the keys to the city & was made an honorary citizen of Detroit in 1980 during President Jimmy Carter's Administration.
Cardoen_Saddam.jpg

Last edited:

It also wasn't then against the law to sell Iran weapons. Carter broke no laws, Ollie did.

Back when Iran/Contra was in the news, I didn't pay as much attention to politics as I do now. I remember thinking that Col. North lied to Congress, and there was some question about wether Reagan knew about what was happening in Nicaragua. At the time, even though I was a conservative back then, I believed, that he deserved punsihment for the lies. So now I find out that he is a hero of the neocons and he also has a radio talk show.

I am willing to be educated on this issue, so if you have strong opinions on Oliver North, good or bad, I would like to hear them. Please exoplain your opinion.

Thanks.
"The scandal began as an operation to free seven American hostages being held by a terrorist group with Iranian ties connected to the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution.

"It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the U.S. would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of the U.S. hostages." (in Lebanon)

"The plan deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages.[2][3]

"Large modifications to the plan were devised by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985, in which a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or Contras, in Nicaragua...[4][5]"

"Several investigations ensued, including those by the United States Congress and the three-man, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission.

"Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs.[2][3][7] In the end, fourteen administration officials were indicted, including then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger. Eleven convictions resulted, some of which were vacated on appeal.[12]

"The rest of those indicted or convicted were all pardoned in the final days of the presidency of George H. W. Bush, who had been vice-president at the time of the affair.[13]"

Iran

Interesting to note that Bush issued a blanket pardon for all conspirators both discovered and undiscovered. Thus becoming the first president in history to likely pardon himself.
"The scandal was compounded when Oliver North destroyed or hid pertinent documents between November 21 and November 25, 1986. During North's trial in 1989, his secretary, Fawn Hall, testified extensively about helping North alter, shred, and remove official United States National Security Council (NSC) documents from the White House.

"According to The New York Times, enough documents were put into a government shredder to jam it.[38] North's explanation for destroying some documents was to protect the lives of individuals involved in Iran and Contra operations.[38]

Wars waged for profit and money that comes from debt are the two pillars that prop up parasites like Bush. They never suffer any real consequences. So far.

Iran

It also wasn't then against the law to sell Iran weapons. Carter broke no laws, Ollie did.

But Careter was President when Saddam got the "key" to Detroit, forget about Reagan choosing him, propping him up, and Rummy shaking hands with him. DETROIT matters:lol:

Back when Iran/Contra was in the news, I didn't pay as much attention to politics as I do now. I remember thinking that Col. North lied to Congress, and there was some question about wether Reagan knew about what was happening in Nicaragua. At the time, even though I was a conservative back then, I believed, that he deserved punsihment for the lies. So now I find out that he is a hero of the neocons and he also has a radio talk show.

I am willing to be educated on this issue, so if you have strong opinions on Oliver North, good or bad, I would like to hear them. Please exoplain your opinion.

Thanks.

Why are we still talking about this guy...? he's a perfect example of a self-important jerk who's been given too much attention for too many years...

Ollie belongs in the forgotten dustbin of history...

Last edited:

Wrong - Carter started the Iran - Iraq War. Carter had Saddam attack Iran. Saddam got the keys to the city of Detroit, MI during the Carter administration. The fighting started under Carter's administration. Carters support of the Shaw is what got our embassy attacked & hostages taken.

Carter didn't start the Iran/Iraq war unless you want to blame him for stopping support for a brutal dictator as the cause. Carter stopped support of the Shah of Iran.

"The scandal began as an operation to free seven American hostages being held by a terrorist group with Iranian ties connected to the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution.

"It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the U.S. would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of the U.S. hostages." (in Lebanon)

"The plan deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages.[2][3]

"Large modifications to the plan were devised by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985, in which a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or Contras, in Nicaragua...[4][5]"

"Several investigations ensued, including those by the United States Congress and the three-man, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission.

"Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs.[2][3][7] In the end, fourteen administration officials were indicted, including then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger. Eleven convictions resulted, some of which were vacated on appeal.[12]

"The rest of those indicted or convicted were all pardoned in the final days of the presidency of George H. W. Bush, who had been vice-president at the time of the affair.[13]"

Iran

Interesting to note that Bush issued a blanket pardon for all conspirators both discovered and undiscovered. Thus becoming the first president in history to likely pardon himself.

I blame only the felons. North being the ringleader.
Do you blame those who profit from killing civilians?

"On the day of McFarlane's resignation, Oliver North, a military aide to the United States National Security Council (NSC), proposed a new plan for selling arms to Iran, which included two major adjustments: instead of selling arms through Israel, the sale was to be direct, and a portion of the proceeds would go to Contras, or Nicaraguan guerilla fighters opposed to communism, at a markup. North proposed a $15 million markup, while contracted arms broker Ghorbanifar added a 41% markup of his own."

Iran

The Iran-Contra Affair

Ronald Reagan's efforts to eradicate Communism spanned the globe, but the insurgent Contras' cause in Nicaragua was particularly dear to him. Battling the Cuban-backed Sandinistas, the Contras were, according to Reagan, "the moral equivalent of our Founding Fathers." Under the so-called Reagan Doctrine, the CIA trained and assisted this and other anti-Communist insurgencies worldwide.

The Iran-Contra Affair . Reagan . WGBH American Experience | PBS
The real story.

I just don't see Adams and Washington raping nuns.

Last edited:

But Careter was President when Saddam got the "key" to Detroit, forget about Reagan choosing him, propping him up, and Rummy shaking hands with him. DETROIT matters:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTldYbqlJc8]Rumsfeld & Saddam Make Nice - YouTube[/ame]

He refused to tell Congress anything before the Congressional hearing and when he was questioned he made the democrats look like fools. The only law he broke was accepting a security system for his home.

Ording the destruction of documents and and such

Remind us how upset you are when democrats do far worse and are actually caught doing it.....

Again with this nonsensical defense.

Jesus fuck, you're a retard.

He refused to tell Congress anything before the Congressional hearing and when he was questioned he made the democrats look like fools. The only law he broke was accepting a security system for his home.

He smuggled arms to the Contras, which violated law. He facilitated the sale of selling arms to Iran, and used the profit to arm the Contras, again against the law. He essentially spat on his oath to uphold the constitution, because he didn't agree with the law. He's a disgrace to his uniform.

I won't even get into his huge FAIL in the Iranian hostage rescue or his likely knowledge that the Contras were smuggling dope into our cities, resulting in the crack epidemic of the 1980s.

Reagan fronted the Hostage rescue? Really Gracie?

Tick? YOU are an idiot.
North, not Reagan, you dumbass.

Wrong - Carter started the Iran - Iraq War. Carter had Saddam attack Iran. Saddam got the keys to the city of Detroit, MI during the Carter administration. The fighting started under Carter's administration. Carters support of the Shaw is what got our embassy attacked & hostages taken.

Carter didn't start the Iran/Iraq war unless you want to blame him for stopping support for a brutal dictator as the cause. Carter stopped support of the Shah of Iran.

The real reason Carter stopped the support of the Shah of Iran.

Bullshit - Carter broke more laws than Ollie. It's just that his democrat congress never investigated him for it like they did Reagan. Carter extorted money from Saddam, the Shaw & many others.

Bullshit - Carter broke more laws than Ollie. It's just that his democrat congress never investigated him for it like they did Reagan. Carter extorted money from Saddam, the Shaw & many others.

You're too retarded to talk to. Not a single indictment was brought up against Carter. But go and suck on Ollie's jizz, and remember the fact that he disgraced his oath and uniform.

Forum List

Back