NBC/Marist Poll: Obama With Narrow Leads In Ohio, Florida And Virginia

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
Six points in Ohio is huge.

Polls from a trio of crucial swing states show President Barack Obama with small leads over presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney, another sign that the 2012 campaign will be extremely competitive.

The NBC/Marist surveys released Thursday polled registered voters in Ohio, Virginia and Florida — arguably the three most coveted states for both candidates. Obama enjoys his largest lead over Romney in Ohio, where the president is favored by voters over the former Massachusetts governor, 48 percent to 42 percent. Meanwhile, the president’s leads over Romney in Virginia and Florida are identical: 48 percent to 44 percent. Obama’s four-point leads in Virginia and Florida are narrowly outside the poll’s margin of error of three percentage points.

Small sample polls at this stage of the game (or at any time, if you ask me) mean nothing in reality... we'll see people on both sides posting polls all over the place until the time comes about when the only true poll happens and brings about whatever result is in store

48 percent to 42 percent.

That adds up to 90% of the registered voter, many who will not vote again if disappointed in the incumbent.

The other 10% undecideds? They swing en masse to the challenger in Presidential elections when a POTUS polls under 50% approval.

Right now, Owebama is getting his ass kicked in Ohio.

Small sample polls at this stage of the game (or at any time, if you ask me) mean nothing in reality... we'll see people on both sides posting polls all over the place until the time comes about when the only true poll happens and brings about whatever result is in store

You are, of course 100% right. But it is interesting to watch the ebb and flow.

Funny, the latest Quinnipiac poll I saw in the paper today had Romney with a 7 point lead in Florida. Pick your poll, I guess. It's going to come down to who people think has a plan to get the economy going again and get people back to work. Barry's plan seems to be to let the Bush tax cuts expire. Not sure why he thinks that's going to improve the economy but it's pretty obvious that getting reelected is his number one priority not fixing the economy or putting people back to work.

Polls from a trio of crucial swing states show President Barack Obama with small leads over presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney, another sign that the 2012 campaign will be extremely competitive.

The NBC/Marist surveys released Thursday polled registered voters in Ohio, Virginia and Florida — arguably the three most coveted states for both candidates. Obama enjoys his largest lead over Romney in Ohio, where the president is favored by voters over the former Massachusetts governor, 48 percent to 42 percent. Meanwhile, the president’s leads over Romney in Virginia and Florida are identical: 48 percent to 44 percent. Obama’s four-point leads in Virginia and Florida are narrowly outside the poll’s margin of error of three percentage points.

Six points is not huge, but at this point, I do not see Romney getting over the hump in Ohio. The auto industry is big in Ohio, and Obama saved Chrysler and GM, which saved a lot of jobs here, while the Republicans were saying we should let those companies go belly up.

Six points is not huge, but at this point, I do not see Romney getting over the hump in Ohio. The auto industry is big in Ohio, and Obama saved Chrysler and GM, which saved a lot of jobs here, while the Republicans were saying we should let those companies go belly up.

Six points in May is not huge. Six points this fall would be pretty darn big.
But Ohio in itself is huge - especially for Romney. Obama can cut a path to 270 that doesn't include Ohio. It wouldn't be an easy path, but it's there. Romney really doesn't have much of a realistic path without it. Yeah, it's theoretically possible ... but not very realistic.

Actually the last time around it was fairly easy to see that Obama was going to win based on polling.

Actually the last time around it was fairly easy to see that Obama was going to win based on polling.

well, yes. in the final month or so - it was pretty clear that I wasn't going to be losing any sleep waiting up on election night to see who was gonna be president. But polls in May are usually only snapshots - not nearly the whole picture.

However, I think there is an argument to be made that given the political divides that exist in our nation today, there might be a lot less movement in the polls as in the past. Maybe people decide earlier and are swayed less easily. Be interesting to watch for anyway.

Another meaningless poll.

Wait till next week. Romney will be leading again.

Anyone who puts any faith in a poll is an idiot in my book.

Wrong again:

Florida: , N=1078 MOE +/- 3.0
Ohio: N=1103 MOE +/- 3.0
Virginia: N=1076 MOE +/- 3.0

Let's be honest here...the GOP didn't say we should let the auto industry go "belly up"...they simply said that having them declare bankruptcy and reorganize was a better way to handle the problem than putting taxpayers on the hook for billions of dollars in bailouts. Obama didn't "save" Chrysler or GM...he saved benefits for the United Auto Workers who work for Chrysler and GM.

Wrong again:

No.. I am not wrong, idiot...

You will see poll results all over the board... Romney up here in this one, Obama up there in that one.. and they are all small sample polls that in reality mean absolutely nothing.. and each having a differing way of polling.. whether it be potential voters, registered voters, the general populace, the man on the street, etc...

And the only poll that does matter is the one that counts...

Let's be honest here...the GOP didn't say we should let the auto industry go "belly up"...they simply said that having them declare bankruptcy and reorganize was a better way to handle the problem than putting taxpayers on the hook for billions of dollars in bailouts. Obama didn't "save" Chrysler or GM...he saved benefits for the United Auto Workers who work for Chrysler and GM.

Correct.
icon14.gif

Wrong again:

No.. I am not wrong, idiot...

You will see poll results all over the board... Romney up here in this one, Obama up there in that one.. and they are all small sample polls that in reality mean absolutely nothing.. and each having a differing way of polling.. whether it be potential voters, registered voters, the general populace, the man on the street, etc...

And the only poll that does matter is the one that counts...

Dickless Fuck, the Holocaust Denier only accepts poll results that agree with his Obamabot programming.

Yup. They received the bailout and still went into bankrupcy.

They could have done that without our taxdollars.

They needed that money to bail out their mismanaged pension funds. Yup. My taxdollar went to cover someones fucked up pensioin fund.

Forum List

Back