What is the deal with Oliver North?

As he should have like the real man he was...Ollie is a good man and took his lumps...he's a patriot as Reagan.

President Ronald Reagan - Address on Iran-Contra - YouTube
And you are as meathead as Dubya. Another murkin idiot in total denial.

Son? YOU and that Nazi Flag should depart this site.
I appreciate your FreeDumb to make that recommendation.
In case you didn't notice, the flag is upside down.......like your world.

Son? YOU and that Nazi Flag should depart this site.
I appreciate your FreeDumb to make that recommendation.
In case you didn't notice, the flag is upside down.......like your world.
And people like me will right it as YOU chose to bail.
Yeah.....we saw what you folks supported; 2001-2008.

bush_bizzaro_world.jpg

Ronald Reagan had to deal with the mess that the Carter Administration had created.
Yeah.....that's what happened.....
handjob.gif

President Jimmy Carter's National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski admits he made the arms for hostages deal with Iran. Zbigniew Brzezinski says that in his book & Warren Christopher in the video I posted "The Man Who Changed The World".
Link?

He refused to tell Congress anything before the Congressional hearing and when he was questioned he made the democrats look like fools. The only law he broke was accepting a security system for his home.

He smuggled arms to the Contras, which violated law. He facilitated the sale of selling arms to Iran, and used the profit to arm the Contras, again against the law. He essentially spat on his oath to uphold the constitution, because he didn't agree with the law. He's a disgrace to his uniform.

I won't even get into his huge FAIL in the Iranian hostage rescue or his likely knowledge that the Contras were smuggling dope into our cities, resulting in the crack epidemic of the 1980s.

He refused to tell Congress anything before the Congressional hearing and when he was questioned he made the democrats look like fools. The only law he broke was accepting a security system for his home.

He smuggled arms to the Contras, which violated law. He facilitated the sale of selling arms to Iran, and used the profit to arm the Contras, again against the law. He essentially spat on his oath to uphold the constitution, because he didn't agree with the law. He's a disgrace to his uniform.

I won't even get into his huge FAIL in the Iranian hostage rescue or his likely knowledge that the Contras were smuggling dope into our cities, resulting in the crack epidemic of the 1980s.

Reagan fronted the Hostage rescue? Really Gracie?

Tick? YOU are an idiot.

Last edited:

North led a team from Turkey during it, moron. You really are clueless.

Tick? YOU are an idiot.

You Teabaggers always were a.....

eusa_doh.gif

Back when Iran/Contra was in the news, I didn't pay as much attention to politics as I do now. I remember thinking that Col. North lied to Congress, and there was some question about wether Reagan knew about what was happening in Nicaragua. At the time, even though I was a conservative back then, I believed, that he deserved punsihment for the lies. So now I find out that he is a hero of the neocons and he also has a radio talk show.

I am willing to be educated on this issue, so if you have strong opinions on Oliver North, good or bad, I would like to hear them. Please exoplain your opinion.

Thanks.
"The scandal began as an operation to free seven American hostages being held by a terrorist group with Iranian ties connected to the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution.

"It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the U.S. would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of the U.S. hostages." (in Lebanon)

"The plan deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages.[2][3]

"Large modifications to the plan were devised by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985, in which a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or Contras, in Nicaragua...[4][5]"

"Several investigations ensued, including those by the United States Congress and the three-man, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission.

"Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs.[2][3][7] In the end, fourteen administration officials were indicted, including then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger. Eleven convictions resulted, some of which were vacated on appeal.[12]

"The rest of those indicted or convicted were all pardoned in the final days of the presidency of George H. W. Bush, who had been vice-president at the time of the affair.[13]"

Iran

Last edited:
Yeah.....that's what happened.....
handjob.gif

President Jimmy Carter's National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski admits he made the arms for hostages deal with Iran. Zbigniew Brzezinski says that in his book & the video I posted "The Man Who Changed The World".
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......

106.gif

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war
According to Zbigniew Brzezinski's "Power and Principle, Memoirs of the National Security Advisor"... the United States explored whether the Iran–Iraq War would offer leverage with which to resolve the Iranian Hostage Crisis. In this regard, the Carter administration explored the use of both "carrots," by suggesting that they might offer military assistance to Iran upon release of the hostages, and "sticks," by discouraging Israeli military assistance to Iran and suggesting that they might offer military assistance to Iraq if the Iranians did not release the hostages.

Saddam Hussein donated large sums to various institutions in his campaign to curry favour with the United States. He was made an honorary citizen of Detroit in 1980 under President Jimmy Carter's Administration.
Cardoen_Saddam.jpg

Last edited:

North led a team from Turkey during it, moron. You really are clueless.
*No Shit*

Back when Iran/Contra was in the news, I didn't pay as much attention to politics as I do now. I remember thinking that Col. North lied to Congress, and there was some question about wether Reagan knew about what was happening in Nicaragua. At the time, even though I was a conservative back then, I believed, that he deserved punsihment for the lies. So now I find out that he is a hero of the neocons and he also has a radio talk show.

I am willing to be educated on this issue, so if you have strong opinions on Oliver North, good or bad, I would like to hear them. Please exoplain your opinion.

Thanks.

Ollie did indeed lie to congress and a good many other people. He was given immunity from prosecution for that very same congressional testimony. A disgrace to the uniform.

These types do have a tendency to become right wing heroes.

Agreed as his being a traitor, that is what selling arms to the enemy means. Scum of the earth, before & after appeal; Reagan didn't know what day it was by then, no blame is his.

North was the fall guy for Reagan's treason of promising weapons to Iran if they held the hostages until after the election.

Carter started the weapons deal. If he had not then Reagan would have been convicted of treason. Remember Democrats controlled congress while Reagan was following through with Carters foreign policy promise to Iran of arms for hostages.

According to Zbigniew Brzezinski's "Power and Principle, Memoirs of the National Security Advisor"... the United States explored whether the Iran–Iraq War would offer leverage with which to resolve the Iranian Hostage Crisis. In this regard, the Carter administration explored the use of both "carrots," by suggesting that they might offer military assistance to Iran upon release of the hostages, and "sticks," by discouraging Israeli military assistance to Iran and suggesting that they might offer military assistance to Iraq if the Iranians did not release the hostages.

Last edited:
North was the fall guy for Reagan's treason of promising weapons to Iran if they held the hostages until after the election.

Carter started the weapons deal. If he had not then Reagan would have been convicted of treason. Remember Democrats controlled congress while Reagan was following through with Carters foreign policy promise to Iran of arms for hostages.

Traitor North's "security system" cost tens of thousands; he in fact renovated his home with the blood money, a crook is a CROOK:

Oliver North: Biography from Answers.com
Oliver North: Biography from Answers.com.

Thanks.

He broke the law but got immunity in exchange for testimony.

The FOX gave him a job.
the biblical right also helped Ollie out and supported him.

Thanks.

He broke the law but got immunity in exchange for testimony.

The FOX gave him a job.
the biblical right also helped Ollie out and supported him.

I shed no tears when Blago was sentenced, North avoided jail on a technicality & remains a FELON to many Americans.

Thanks.
"The scandal began as an operation to free seven American hostages being held by a terrorist group with Iranian ties connected to the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution.

"It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the U.S. would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of the U.S. hostages." (in Lebanon)

"The plan deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages.[2][3]

"Large modifications to the plan were devised by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985, in which a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or Contras, in Nicaragua...[4][5]"

"Several investigations ensued, including those by the United States Congress and the three-man, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission.

"Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs.[2][3][7] In the end, fourteen administration officials were indicted, including then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger. Eleven convictions resulted, some of which were vacated on appeal.[12]

"The rest of those indicted or convicted were all pardoned in the final days of the presidency of George H. W. Bush, who had been vice-president at the time of the affair.[13]"

Iran

Interesting to note that Bush issued a blanket pardon for all conspirators both discovered and undiscovered. Thus becoming the first president in history to likely pardon himself.

Thanks.

Iran

Interesting to note that Bush issued a blanket pardon for all conspirators both discovered and undiscovered. Thus becoming the first president in history to likely pardon himself.

I blame only the felons. North being the ringleader.

Forum List

Back